Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 Jungle Spice - Give Away Has Ended

Wow, they all look awesome. Well done!

What made #6 the choice specimen?

4 Likes

That’s pretty slick. I been seeing some cool stuff made from cardboard. A big plant with a lot of seeds is a lot of work the old hand made way.

3 Likes

Yeah, really cool. I should put one of those together this weekend… Would save me some headache for sure.

5 Likes

When I separated seeds I just grabbed a fan, one big box and one little box. I placed the big box in front of the fan and used the little box to scoop material and dump it past the fan and into the big box. It only took about 5 minutes to really get the hang of it and about 10 minutes to master it!
Simple cheap seed winnowing.

8 Likes

So that’s outside and making mulch to the wind? My f2 mom had a nice harvest and I did it a couple of buds at a time and the old shoebox and credit card scraper trick. I saved all of my bud. it was pretty greasy so I decided to make oil with it soon.

Any idea of what the degradation in THC is when your buds go to seed? Is THC even high enough to make oil or edibles? I smoked a bowl while deseeding and it was harsh as hell. STill, it looked pretty good and was pretty greasy. If not, it’s compost for the future buds.

3 Likes

Oh, how does the Black Domina smell? They all look dank from here. I like the way you get the plants growing straight up on the sides. Is that a special way training them? peace

4 Likes

Check out the strain guide: Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 Jungle Spice - Give Away Has Ended

There’s reasons to pick some of the other phenos too, but that one is my favorite for early finish, strong citrus/pine smell and high resin

8 Likes

Congrats @lefthandseed…they look awesome!!!
@GMan I’m a passable accidental seed producer…regular seeds lost in corn fields till harvest. I’ve had some really good smoke on seeded out plants. I’m sure some potency and for sure flavor is lost but I smoked it anyways. I always tell the younger generation that legal weed makes them too picky!! :grinning:. I’ve smoked moldy brick back in the day

6 Likes

Once as a kid my dad taught me when getting the chaff from the wheat head is to grind a head of wheat between the hands then gently with cupped while rocking back and forth from hand to hand gently blow into the grains for nice clean seeds then when I had enough I’d chew it up and it turned into a wheat gum thought that was weird as hell.

7 Likes

Thanks dude. The black dominas smell fruity, maybe like berries or blackberries.

I stuff a lot of plants into a small space is how I get them to grow that way. :grin: They’re shoulder to shoulder from the time they’re wee plants.

5 Likes

Pretty cool. Not sure I ever saw them grow like that. The limbs just head right for the light, huh? Makes a nice compact product. lol. enjoy!

peace

2 Likes

Yeah I’m all about getting my numbers up for the space I have. I especially wanted to get every last JS seed I had represented in this run. I’d be heartbroken if I lost it… but I don’t think I’ll have much worry about it now. It’s going to be an IBL in my collection for a long time, I have a feeling.

But yea, I’ve found that most strains are able to adapt. I give them about 18" square space. This run I used 0.5gal pots with coco, but I’m moving to 0.75gal which seems to be about where I’ll settle (1gal was more than I needed). Depending on the strain and how long I veg, they’ll still easily hit 3-4 feet but without the lateral sprawl. Everything crunches in, so I just keep up with trimming and canopy management. I don’t usually top. I just supercrop the main down to the height of the next 4 nodes, and clear out as much as possible below the top ~1ft of canopy.

7 Likes

Ok, that’s it… I wondered if you topped it like that to keep them all similar. Iike it. Nice technique. Less than 1 gallon, too? wow. Do you have an auto water/feed system? I’d like to learn that technique better. Seems like most guys in Europe grow them spare in small pots with large yields.

It seems like there is a point of dwindling returns when you try and veg too long or raise the pot size. There is definitely a sweet spot, and that’s something I’m still wrestling with about indoor growing. I tend to over veg and not trim enough. It takes more of everything and I’m not sure the return in yield makes up fo it.

Nice work! Peace

5 Likes

Yea, for coco you can go pretty small. It’s pretty different from soil in that regard. I like to use as little as possible, because I just don’t like wasting media or dealing with large amounts of it when I’m done. I autofeed, usually 2-3 times per day depending on what the plants like.

The problem I was having with 0.5gal pots is that the root mass eventually becomes so dense with the coco that it’s hard to soak the media without causing it to runoff the top. So this time, I’m changing out to 0.75gal pots and I’ll probably add about 10-20% perlite.

7 Likes

Now drying…

Some plants started losing turgidity today due to drying up all the remaining moisture in their pots. Chopped them down, hung 'em up, turned off the lights and turned up the fan. Seeds coming soon!

19 Likes

Awesome bro! I love your technique of topping and crowding. That’s a nice yield from such a compact package. Let it rain seeds! Jah bless!

peace

2 Likes

Just read through the posts… been sleeping on this thread … too late to join the list ? :grimacing:

5 Likes

I don’t think it’s too late. There should be plenty to go around!

5 Likes

Awwwww man sounds good to me. Great job on the grow, they looked super :star_struck:

5 Likes

@Sunvalley Thanks, I appreciate the compliments. :slight_smile: The top-level post is editable, so feel free to add yourself. I think put your name in bold if MOTR has your postal info already, and regular font toward the bottom if she still needs to get it from you.

8 Likes