Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 Mothers Milk - closed

I have the remaining 5 soaking now in water. I will be putting them into paper towel as soon as Im done here.
A real cool trick I learned from Matt Riot, was to put your seeds into the paper towel and to hang the seeds vertically. (I taped them to the inside of my dresser drawer, where it is dry and has consistant good temps)
Instead of putting them horizontal on a plate lets say, where they tend to curl up and around, making it a pain in the ass to plant.
This way I hang it vertically in someplace dark. And as you can tell, the roots will grow straight downwards, making it breeze to plant, and to know you have set them into the medium the right side up.
Ill post my numbers when Im done. How many germed and popped up. Im hoping for 100%. we’ll see…

17 Likes

Another picture as an example:

19 Likes

Great bit of info I have some soaking I put in last night, I will try this out. :+1:

7 Likes

Sunshine 4 f2s…:astonished: did I miss that one.??

5 Likes

hey @50State
Yea, some of the Sunshine Chems were cracked in the water before I even put them into the paper towel. There was Sunshine Chems popping above ground before the Mothers Milk even went into the soilless mix.
Every seed that popped and was put into the ground has successfully germed, and all are above the soil, except for the last few I just t-planted this a.m.

I have the last 4-5 Mother’s Milk in paper towel now, and will be checking them this afternoon.
Im so relieved that those Mothers’ Milk cracked and germed. Was really worried they would contract a pathogen in the paper towels and puke on me lol.
Thank god that didnt happen!!!

7 Likes

looks like I may have to do some helmet removal. The shells seem to be solid still on the seedling, so I need to be ultra careful and to go slow as to not damage any seedlings.
The Mother’s Milk seeds were thick and dark, I kinda seen this coming.

7 Likes

18 Likes

Gotta be VERY careful when trying to remove the seed shells off of seedlings. Too heavy-handed and you will damage your seedlings including possible death…
But, Ive also found that if the seedlings are left to fend for themselves,the intact shells can cause the seedling to do a crazy stretch!! The plant s trying to stretch out to get some light, but will not receive light because the shell is still attached.
Gotta go slow and steady.

7 Likes

Ya when I see them like that I usually give them another day. They’ll either drop the shell themselves or it will loosen up alot more.

A quick pinch with tweezers usually gets em for me.

9 Likes

yea, thats good advice beacher…
Tho I can literally hear them stretching as I type lol, so the sooner the shells can be removed the sooner it can turn light into energy.

9 Likes

I use an artist brush and water to soften them up and get the hairs of the brush under the seed pod and lift them off.

14 Likes

I mist them with water let them sit a couple minutes and use a toothpick with my finger gently pressing forward on the head while I pry them off. What ever works for you.

@Jamescoldflame Those Bodhi Sunshine 4 f2s never got offered as a preservation run. That was the plan but I was reading on another forum that Bodhi may release the Sunshine 4 again maybe as freebies. So maybe I can offer them up for a server charity auction in breeder packs of 50 seeds maybe make up 10 packs. They are god awfully expensive on IG auctions an f1 pack normally goes for around $250 USD.

19 Likes

I have 2 x pheno of Sunshine 4 cuts here I got gifted by a pal … haven’t tried it yet , just about to flower cuts off them now. Heard only good things about it though so can understand it’s demand … I’d defs bid on an auction of F2 if you ever put them up bruv.

8 Likes

That little tidbit there, is one of the things that makes OG so muthahumpin awesome.
It makes perfect sense, but not something I’ve ever heard or thought of before.
Thanks mate.

5 Likes

Good news this a.m.
The 6 Mother’s Milk seedlings I had planted into medium yesterday have all popped their heads up, and seem to be alive and healthy.
Had to do some kind of shell surgery on a lot of them.
Thems helmets was welded on, like superglued on almost. Tho they were a thick, dark seed. they def didnt want to part with its shell.

That is good news, and a big load off my shoulders!
I was truly concerned I wouldnt end up with enuff sprouted, live seedplants to do any meaningful preservation work. We are still a LONG ways away yet, but we seem to be off to a good start, thats all we can axe for.

The remaining 5 seeds are sitting in paper towel. Dropped them in yesterday. They were checked this a.m., and are borderline plantable right now. Imma wait till this afternoon tho I think.

So, going forward after today, Ill be taking some pics of the seed plants from time to time, with updates as needed, and post them here. Mostly for reference of the plants’ shapes, heights and leaf patterns, outward expressions etc.
Ill likely be leaning on anyone that has worked with this genetic line in the past if possible.
But there wont be much to see, or report on for a little while now, if all goes smoothly.

16 Likes

Pics of the Mothers’ Milk at day 1.5 of life.
Already has a distinct, unique trait. Anyone catch it?
Its pretty obvious (to me) what it is, but Ill leave it open ended.
I can spot them right now from 5 feet away, and they are only 1.5 days old. Although there is a good chance that trait will disappear as the plant grows tho.

12 Likes

shitty pic, but u get the point. Those 4 are Mother’s Milk.

14 Likes

Bodhi’s Sunshine Orange F2’s, for reference in the different
leaf patterns.

14 Likes

I’d say it’s pretty obvious. Maybe they’re lucky beans :grin:

4 Likes

Well, good news. I dropped the last 5 beans into the medium yesterday, and all 5 have decided to pop their heads out. So thats great news. I was so concerned that I would look like an idiot for taking them and then the beans didnt crack, or they picked up a pathogen. I actuallt feel relief this a.m.!
There will be 10 Mothers Milk to work with (as of this a.m.)
Obviously working outdoors is a crap shoot.
Nothing is “in the bag” till its in the bag, And even then…
10/11 is about as good of a start as one can hope. 1 didnt germ. I believe it picked up a pathogen, because the seed split and the radical tip was just starting to emerge. Then it seemed to have stalled out. Just quit growing. It didnt come up tho so I decided to dig it up and wash it off, and it looked just like it did when I planted it.
Shit happens when dealing with live plants.
Prolly gonna be a lul in the posts for a bit. Wont be much exciting to see or document for a little while.
Ill post from time to time anyways, till things start to get good. Im thinking prolly late June or July before I start seeing some sexing going on. Would be nice if it was sooner, but purely as a guess, Im thinking late June/July for preflowers.
Till next time good folks…

14 Likes