Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 Mothers Milk - closed

Another project the Ma Milk very wise and great choice.
Will also be doing a follow up project this fall, have 2 packs been wanting to get too.
Great job fellas

6 Likes

Hey everyone, didnt fall off the planet.
Ill be updating here later today, as I can now get pics again.
Ill fill everyone in on whats up here.

17 Likes

Look forward to see how they’re getting on :100:

8 Likes

Bump ^
Just wondering what’s happening with the mothers milk @Silverhaze
Are they ALL outdoors and have you any pics etc …?
Looking forward to seeing your progress mate.
Gaz

14 Likes

Ok guys, so here we go!!!
3 males, 4 females.
The males are starting to grow balls.
Ill have to take pics. 3 of the 4 females are doing good. There is one that looks different, and is really small and slow growing. Has a distinct leaf pattern to it. Cuttings look identical, so either its a pathogeon or its whats within the breed.
It is F2 afterall.
We will have to pick a winner male out of the three. 1 is a little taller than the other 2. The other 2 are about same height.
We are gonna have to pick a winner quickly too, cuz they ready to bust a nut, and im running flowering plants right now so I dont want accidental pollination.

20 Likes

I have a few pics I just took
Here’s a pic of the best female:

This plant is nose height on me, about 5 1/2 foot tall, and just a ball of branches. I simply bent the top over to allow the sunlight to get into lower branches.

24 Likes

Looks great man, you’re doing a splendid job :+1:

6 Likes

Real nice…

4 Likes

So this one is on the opposite end of the spectrum. Its about 2 foot tall, grows slowly and always looks like it as a disease or something. Or it could be something with in the breed.

Maybe anyone who grew this strain can recognize this freak

Pic of leaf pattern:.

Female #3:

19 Likes

This is about 4 foot tall.

5 Likes

More of a long thin leaved indica is what it looks like

5 Likes

Not a great quality pic

3 Likes

I dotn have current pics of the males. I will take pics today and post them.
There are 3 males. 2 are about the same height. One is slightly taller.
The tallest one showed sex first.
The other 2 have shown around the same time, all within this last week or so.
One is stankier than the rest. It is one of the shorter ones.
We will have to decide quickly on how to go about this foks. I need input.

What s the criteria for the males? Quickness?; Size?: Odor?
Or do I blend the pollen from all 3 males and pollinate all the females?
That would give u the largest diversity of the breed (according to a Kevin Jodrey video I just recently watched, when he was asked about preservation of cannabis)

Let me know guys what u think. But I gotta bust a move quickly, cuz they gonna bust a nut real quick and I have valuable flowering plants budding right now that dont need the pollen.
Suggestions?

11 Likes

I would say the stanky short one personally.

6 Likes

stinky stanky for me too as long as it has a reasonable structure
or all 3

7 Likes

That was my first thought Shadey.
But being a preservation run, should I use all 3, or the most desirable male of the 3?
Thats is the question.

I will cut the top(s) off the winner(s) and place in water in a bottle in a spare bedroom that gets quality light. Ive already just harvested pollen doing it this way, so I know it works.

8 Likes

I would pick 2 out of 3 blend

3 Likes

Looks good man. I was debating leaving 2/3 or leaving just 1. But I ended up leaving them all (3) because each one showed interesting characteristics without any mutations.

8 Likes

According to Jodrey, he said to best preserve genetic diversity he recommended crossing all males with all females. That would give u the largest genetic pool to further pick from. I already understood that, but he explains it so well.
The 2 smaller males are quite similar. Same size, both have similar odor, but one is slightly louder in odor dept.
Tallest male has a slightly diff smell. not as strong, and it was the first to show flowers. Some say dispose of the earliest male. I guess it depends on your criteria I suppose.
Ill wait till @50State chimes in and see what he says.

13 Likes

hey @Mongobongo are u running Mothers Milk also? or another preservation run?
Cheers.

6 Likes