Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 Skunk '91 -- GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED!

Keep those eyes peeled for the cross dressers. You may have to abandon ship on a few. Highly unstable indoors according to everyone that has grown it.

8 Likes

Ya so ive been told. Also talked with a couple people whom have grown em indoor with zero issues.

:crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

have you made seed from these this was the hippy slayer yea cant get it any more please tell me you got some seed will pay cash ?

1 Like

Hippy slayer is Dirty Hippy x RKS.
These are chem 91 x RKS.
And if you read a few posts you will see that im making seeds.

11 Likes

And doing an amazing job of it too! :yum:

6 Likes

Clone game goin.
These fuckers are tough to root like most chems.

2 n 9 root the best so far.

Males are down the middle, females on the sides.

12 Likes

Edit above- i guess first round 8,9,10 rooted best. Second clone round was when 2 n 9 rooted fastest

3 Likes

Lookin a lil more spry today at lights on

16 Likes

Looks like I have at least 1 good clone of each.
Number 6 is the only one im not 100% sure if its rooted yet but i put em in solos as they look ok

Note * Number 8 of the big plants in flower is a litte nute sensitive, got a little burnt when i gave em botanicare pure blend tea the other day.

6 Likes

Pics from last night. Still a little clawed from the tea a few days ago but buds are starting and pollen sacks are about to open.
Ill collect some pollen from each male in a few days.

12 Likes

Iā€™m trying to learn more about these but wouldnā€™t a drench " an over soaking" just delay the carrot from allowing more water? Thatā€™s that point of the system isnā€™t it acting like a tensiometer I wouldnā€™t think the system wouldnt need adjusting at all and go back to its normal watering once dried up a bit

2 Likes

It does though up to a point.

See when you initially calibrate the carrots (sensors), one is matching it to the current soil moisture level so if its too wet for the plant, it needs to be adjusted as the sensor will keep it at that moisture level and could destroy the roots, allow the soil to go anaerobic etc.adding more water through drenches messes with the calibration and the roots freak out not getting enough air if they decide to not uptake the water. Later on, when the plant wants more water, it needs to be adjusted again otherwise they freak out as the soil goes too dry for themā€¦, you must work with the sensor(s) to maintain a moist and not wet or water logged soil.

Another hoop to jump with them is if the water line isnā€™t a closed loop, air can get in the line which can throw the sensor(s) off leading to under or over saturation, flood etcā€¦same if the water reservoir is not filled before its empty as the carrot will drain if the line/reservoir isnā€™t filled in time or if the sensor gets placed in a dry pocket or if a water line gets clogged from sediment from the reservoir etc.

A bit later today, iā€™ll do a write up of them in the DBHP thread as I am transplanting them and adding 3 more carrots to the existing line :wink:

7 Likes

Good to know thanks for your input @MomOnTheRun very helpful!

4 Likes

I will google too but figure id ask you fine folks first.
Any tips/easy ways to collect pollen from each individual?

Thx

2 Likes

iā€™m currently trying to let flowers & pollen fall on a window screen & collect on aluminum foil beneath, using a paper envelope to maniuplate & pluck flowers, sweep them over the screen, etc. iā€™m afraid the static-electricity on the tentā€™s panda-film walls is collecting a bunch that i canā€™t see. :sweat:

thereā€™s no fan moving air, but having seen it firsthand now, i realize pollen makes wheat flour look like gravelā€¦incredibly ā€œfriableā€/airborne.

if the space & $ exist, small isolation boxes could be set up with film or styrofoam & tape. VaderOG/OceanGrown has(had?) a lot of video on youtube with ā€œbreeding chambersā€ are what iā€™m thinking ofā€¦but more diy/low budget.

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

I just put parchment paper under the male and let him rip. A razor blade and a fold in the parchment makes for easy collection. :+1::seedling:

6 Likes

Ya so i have all the males in same room w fans going. Need a reliable way to seperate pollen from each male. Dont want it all mixed up.

I guess i coulda been more specific. Kinda lookin for ways to take a branch or two pff each plant maybe n collect pollen from each??

2 Likes

Either a branch in a cup of water or whole plant in a different room with no fansā€¦do a single male at a time or you could use several rooms.

Could also keep them in the same room (with no fans) separated by like 4-5ā€™ and only collect pollen from what has dropped below each male though I have also seen people utilize clear cups with a few tiny holes to set over the plant with a makeshift bottom to collect pollen that dropsā€¦sorta like a plastic bag though with room to breathe

1 Like

ā€¦
when i tried using cut branches in water cups they only lasted a couple of days & i had a majority of unopened flowers just droppingā€¦fwiwā€¦ light or no light.

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

8 Likes