Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 Skunk '91 -- GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED!

So ive been thinking…
Other than the few S1 seeds that will result from the herms, the seeds im making are still the same seeds we expected all along. IE. if the plants didnt show herms then the herm trait is still there regardless.
So really in the end, nothing has changed here. (Of course other than the few S1 seeds that will result)

Get what im sayin? Just cuz the herms showed doesnt really change anything. The herm trait was always there regardless.

3 Likes

Exactly. That’s why Bodhi and @LED_Seedz both decided to never run these seeds again, and now you have to ask yourself the same question that they asked. Is there something that these seeds hold that can’t be found anywhere else?

Maybe poll the community and see what they say.

7 Likes

I talked to Clankie on IG as he is running f2s he made.
Here is what he said,
“I only found one in my pack that hermed on me as far as balls go. That one was awful, but i trashed her fast, and I didnt make the f2s until my clone run. All the other girls in my pack were fine. I had 13 seeds in my pack. Maybe 6 females 7 males? This was back in spring 2013. I selected a male based on smell because i was a bit of a n00b at the time. My f2s have been sensitive but not problemmatically so, and my current selection is pretty stable. I do run a mellow grow though. Not a lot of light, dont push hard with nutrients, etc.“

Now we also have to remember, these f2s will just come with the same warning as the f1s (recommended to be run outdoors, high chance of herm indoors)

I believe they are still desirable seeds. Theres about to be a pack for auction soon too. Ppl will still buy em
Knowing the herm risk.

9 Likes

No argument there. Maybe if you make enough of them we can force their value through the floor.

8 Likes

I still say to cull those herm plants. Clankie even said that’s what he did. You knew this was a very very good possibility. What was your plan knowing this?

5 Likes

Ok but do you get what im saying here?

Even if i had zero herms, its the same genetics being passed to f2 generation.

The f2s will still be herm tendency when ran indoors.

2 Likes

And outdoors. And in space. And anywhere else they’re ran. They have value of course, but that doesn’t mean the line should be continued.
I’m all for you making more if that’s what you want to do, they’re your plants and it’s your time. I’d honestly agree with @OrganicGorilla tho, and there are going to be a great number of people who speak badly of this project. As long as you’re okay with that, full steam ahead.

7 Likes

Do as you wish with them brother. They are yours and it’s your project. All I know is I won’t want any of those seeds. The reason I traded them to you was because I knew I didn’t wanna deal with a well known hermie prone line and waste my time even though people are paying stupid prices for a pack of them.
That’s why I said keep your eyes peeled for hermies earlier in this thread. I didn’t say that to be mean. I was expecting it.

4 Likes

Just throwing this out there, I even had intersex issues with the Ancestral Skunk I grew out. These are basically seeds from a similar time. Theres a thread on ICMag here.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=345588

It turned into a shit show and Chimera shut it down. I gave the rest of the seeds away here. One user took them and ran, another had a couple germinate but they petered out.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

I fully understand that.
My point is, most of us knew these issues previously.

So really nothing has changed, the offspring seeds will still be the same regardless if my plants showed balls.

So im just confused I guess as to why this would change anything as far as the project goes??

Like if i run the clones and they dont herm then ppl want them bred?? Itll be the same genetics either way!!!

2 Likes

So what’s the plan right now, open pollinate the whole batch?

4 Likes

I do see your point bro. If you breed them all together, you’ll have S1 and F2 all mixed together. Yes, the female ratio will go up tenfold but not for the better IMO. I’d be culling the herm ladies and only use the good one with all those males. In the end, you have to decide what you’re gunna do and we are just telling you what we would do. Best of luck with em either way.

6 Likes

Ok so,
Since theyre only really a few weeks from being ready to chop. Im going to run em and they are what they are.
Hopefully the #1 stays true and doesnt herm.
To add - the females were all pollinated instantly upon flower so theyre already pushing beans before i they popped balls. So S1 seeds should be minimal.

If ppl want the herm beans we will send em out with fair warning.

Ill run the female clones n see what happens. Then decide whether or not further breeding is sensible.

Thanks again all

8 Likes

If I was in your shoes, I’d just be happy that I got 1 stable female out of the pack. People will have interest in that cut no doubt about it. I’d still make a tent full of cuts of that female and let it rip with a few of the best males from the pack.

8 Likes

I’m still interested in beans. If the flowers are desirable, then I can see the needed time investment being worth it.
Are there any other strains that smell\smoke the same? If not, then I’m even more interested.

The non-herm seeds definitely hold more promise, but I’ve worked with Thai strains and they were just as problematic, which didn’t stop me from working them.

8 Likes

So #1 & #9 still no balls. The lower preflowers on 9 look iffy but theyve looke like that since I first found the balls on others last week. Just double checked again for like 1/2hr. So there is still hope.

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

Cut some more clones of females today.

11 Likes

I still have some hope for this, but not much else. heheh :wink:

Haven’t had a skunky skunk :smoking: in about 20 years.

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

Speaking of… How’s the stem rub smelling?

3 Likes

Havent specifically checked the girls in a cpl weeks. I noted that #3 & 6 were the stankier of the 4 males when i chopped em the other day.

4 Likes

something to consider here (and pretty much always i assume) is the small population of seeds. i don’t dispute all the above experiences, but i’ve heard that Luther Burbank would start 100,000 seedlings to find his keeper(s).

so it seems to me that with a 'HYUUUGE test run, some “freaks”, aka the skunky, sex-stable plants might appear. eh? :thinking: am i just innocent & naive? :smile:

:evergreen_tree: :sunrise: :smoking:

5 Likes