Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 SSDD -- GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED!

1st time I have ever seen it too. Hope I never do again.

2 Likes

I only wet 3 and landed two femalesā€¦ better luck next time @SnidleyWhiplash .!
( maybe) itā€™s either user error or maybe your seeds were irradiated at mailroom or elsewhereā€¦?!
Is your germ rate on other seeds ok.? I donā€™t think anyone else has experienced 0/20 odds ( yet) ā€¦
I know another who is growing some now - all germed fine.
Good luck with the next lot.
Gaz

4 Likes

My germ rate has been about 79 out of 100, with the 21 SSDDā€™s being the only ones not up. In 3 separate attempts, where every other strain hit 100 Percent, the SSDD has not opened. Last attempt they were soaked 30 hours before planting.

Something may have caused them to be duds. They look fine, a bit young but not too young. Do they irradiate mail???

2 Likes

Yes! They radiate pkgs with X-ray at some locations I think.
:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Maybe try some in a paper towel or ( theyā€™re fresh enough.) just straight into soil, or add a dash of hydrogen peroxide to the water you wet them in ā€¦?!

Dependsā€¦ some times if theyā€™re not sure what the organic material is ( they) just hit a few suspect packagesā€¦ idk ā€¦ itā€™ll vary from country to country and even different in same country sometimes.
in any event you could give the paper towel method a shot .?! Good luck with the rest mate.
Gaz

1 Like

Damn it, must have happened. I am GOOD at germing seeds. Cannot think of what else could have caused this.
Have 20 left, going to scar them, soak for 24 hours, then just stick in my coco starterā€¦and leave them. Last 3 batchā€™s were pulled after 15 days, figure 15 was plenty.

Oleskoolā€¦you have some of these seeds too???

1 Like

Wow! I only germed the one! It came out with helmet head, but other than that smooth sailing. Wonder if you got seeds off an immature branch

30 hour soak may have been too much since they are so young??? Mine all sprouted fine.

3 Likes

Nope, not much chance of that. 1st 2 soaks were my usual 18 hour soak. I do not think you can drown a seed that way.

If you have plenty Gman, send me some I can pop, dying to run them .

3 Likes

@SnidleyWhiplash did you get any of the skunk 91ā€™ or other seeds with the ssdd.? If so , see if any of those will germ and then you can rule out irradiated mail .!?
Gaz

2 Likes

Brilliant idea man, but only got the SSDD in the shipment :cry:

4 Likes

I cracked 3 myself without issue in rockwool blocks. Had signs of life within 4 days. I ended up with 2 females and a male :v:

2 Likes

I picked the 4 lightest coloured seeds of my pack and sown straight to moist coco, 4 of 4 seeds popped up with one damping off at day 1 or 2.
I havnā€™t checked for sex yet because they were only flipped 8 days ago.

4 Likes

Something must have happened to them in shipping then. Never had that happen either other than being crushed, these were fine in that regard.

Appreciate everyone letting me know that they had success with their F2ā€™s

3 Likes

@Sebring Maui SS @ about a week into 12/12. This is my first female from the few that terminated.
Uploadingā€¦

2 Likes

Yes. Popped 3 have 2 growing and one dead male.
Both had helmets still on but thatā€™s because I planted them too shallow.
:cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Sure, Iā€™ll look. Seems like there werenā€™t a whole lot to start with, but there should be enough to send some. I only used three I believe. I packed it all up before I left town. My roommate situation came to a head finally and she moved out last weekā€¦itā€™ll take me a while to get caught up from that bundle of drama.

I never imagined that trying to help somebody who asked for help, could ever be so hard and depressing. I should be geting it together soon. I have to leave for work again in a couple of weeks. I need to get that behind me so I can concentrate on this house and property and my growing projectsā€¦ thereā€™s medicine to be made and I need to hit it hard!

I have 3 different CBD rich strains going now and I want to make some oil from all of them. Two are CBD dom and one is 1:1. Iā€™m falling asleep, though atm. lolā€¦ peace

2 Likes

I dunno Man, my dead male came up with helmet head too. It was the only one in like 8 other strains I germed at the same time. lol

1 Like

My SSDD at about 16 days in flowerā€¦ Donā€™t mind the mess :wink::wink::sunglasses:
Two gallon pot/coco/megacrop/280w
About 2.5ā€™ across and about 2ā€™ tall

24 Likes

Holyā€¦whatā€™s with the mess?! Lolā€¦jkā€¦but seriously