Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 SSDD -- GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED!

Wow very impressive dude. :heart_eyes::+1::clap:

Mine will be a little more simple than that.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Very excited to see how these turn out.

Let the games begin! :v:

6 Likes

Believe it or not this was harder to write up than it was to construct. :smiley:

6 Likes

@Sebring it was professionally put together and I loved the added touch, great jobā€‹:clap::trophy:
@Fewding thatā€™s kinda hard to beat, donā€™t feel bad, my logs arenā€™t that great either heheāœŒ

3 Likes

Youā€™re soil formula made me drool! (Yeah Iā€™m a bit off) Iā€™m taking notes!!!

5 Likes

Iā€™m really lazy, like F*CK work lazy, but I learned a long time ago that you have to put in a lot of work first to earn those lazy stretches, so I started researching how to make perfect soil and what each part did. Iā€™m to the point that I can almost tell what my soil is lacking, or will lack, just based on what the plants are doing. If I get around to it Iā€™ll list some of the stuff I use with why I use it when I use it and what itā€™s entire effect is on the microbiology, macrobiology and the plant.

I also spent years making every mistake you can, even going so far as to introduce mistakes just to see what the effect would be. Yep, Iā€™m THAT guy. :slight_smile: What I learned was that at least half of all the stuff the average grower tells you to do/not do is complete garbage. Itā€™s not their fault though. They did something one time and mis-attributed it to a positive effect, e.g. apple sales correlating with tampon sale doesnā€™t mean apples cause women to have periods.

16 Likes

Thank you for letting people know itā€™s not my faultā€‹:sob: itā€™s a huge weight lifted off my shoulders :wink:

5 Likes

Morning everyone.

@Sebring do you have any more pics of whatā€™s going on? The way i am i wanna see them seeds soaking and all.

Everything that itā€™s happening, whenever you have a chance!

Sci :robot:

Going over the thread i see they went in the pellets, i forgotā€¦ What was i talking about?

Will need to wait a few days before cotyledons showā€¦

Good.

7 Likes

Lol, yes, I ā€œsoak my seedsā€ in the soil. Iā€™ve found the best success by putting scuffed seeds into aseptic peat plugs soaked in water, with a sprinkle of humics and mycorrhiza. I started years ago my mimicking nature 100% and worked at removing things that caused lowered survival rates or werenā€™t showing improved rates. Once I see cotyledons theyā€™ll get transplanted to their final home. If you have the room to do it that way then it eliminates the stresses we donā€™t want.
I tried a bunch of different media, coconut water, sst, aloe, etc. They werenā€™t bad, they just werenā€™t better. #litfa

8 Likes

Iā€™m very glad I missed that. :wheelchair: :herb: :rage:

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Would this team be in on it to make sure and we preserve the genetics by mailing samples of cuts to the people interested in doing the TC thingā€¦?

@Sebring
@Morgwar
@Hoodini

7 Likes

Iā€™m all for any and all community participation, and I think this idea took our project to a whole new levelā€‹:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1: awesome guys Iā€™m thrilled

6 Likes

Absolutely! Especially off of f1. Itā€™s good to have that around as a rubric or breeding goal.
Easiest way to go is to pick a good f1 and use its traits to measure against the following generations.
Having a clone mother will give us something to compare against for selection.

8 Likes

If they send me their preferred aseptic protocol Iā€™m in!

Posting tool is telling me to post fewer times, so Iā€™m just adding to this one!

I will need to sex the plants and I have two options.

1. pay phylos $200 to have it done.(3 weeks from germination)
  2. cut a clone when I top the plants, put them in a bubble cloner and flip to 12\12 light.(6-8 weeks from germination)

Thoughts or advice? Is there a method Iā€™m not thinking of?

7 Likes

Once I make my visit to the place and have everything I will tell you. For sure.

Thanks actually.

5 Likes

Exciting news!!
:spy: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket:
The Sunshine Daydream started to sprout already! 6 of the 12 so far!

16 Likes

This is super exciting man! WOOHOO!!!

The rest will surely follow in no more than 12~24 hours. You will see.

Sci :robot:

8 Likes

Itā€™s not very often that Iā€™ve had seeds this vigorous, so Iā€™m sure the other 6 will be quick to follow. :thumbsup:

Update: this morning, 11 of 12 were reaching for the sky!

Update 2: received & paid my invoice for lights from @beaudelaire. They should be shipped soon.

(10) SolStix X3 2700/5700k
(2) Mean Well HLG 320w dimmable driver 36v type A
(2) 36" SolStix Rack kit

Update 3: I decided to put the 11 that have popped into #1 pots, 0.38 gal, and I placed the 12th just in case the last one pops.

14 Likes

Iā€™m kinda surprised, I originally traded a pack of polar bear og from karma for those.
Theyā€™ve been from Alaska to Nevada and now up to Washington.
Wouldnā€™t mind having polar bear og again if anybody has some leads.
Good to see em in good hands!

4 Likes

Re-vegging the mother plant and taking cuttings off of it maybeā€¦ I dunno.

All i know is phylos sometimes are backed up and take forever to give you results and i have seen it happening more recently than before since everyone has to test everything now, before it goes out to the public. As a general rule.

Taking clones in the bubbler might seem like the most effective and less ricky way of making sure we have clones for distributing. IMHO.

4 Likes

Does it matter either way?
You still have to flower the plants once before you will be able to choose keeper(s).

Unless im missing something, but even if you know the sexes day 1 that still wont help you determine genetic traits.

5 Likes