Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 SSDD -- GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED!

So, the clones I took last week aren’t looking very good, as I was afraid of. There are a few that have the beginnings of root nubs, but I felt safer knowing I had cuttings in a couple other medias.

I set up a couple rows of rockwool cubes and a couple rows of peat plugs. I’ve had varying rates of success with each method, so I’m hoping that my increasing my cuttings and methods that I’ll beat the odds.

After all the clones were taken, excluding the smallest least vigorous female, I placed them with the females in the grow shed, where the humidity and temperature both stay in the 70s.

I also received a tracking update Friday telling me that Logan Labs has received my soil sample. I should get emailed the results early next week.

12 Likes

Not that I’m A cloning guru (lol)but maybe try for 90-95% humidity and a tad more warmth! Of course I’v always heard some are more difficult to root also! Good luck following along!

7 Likes

I can’t find my clone dome, so I went to put a clear container over the top of the new clones, knocked them all over and don’t know which ones are which. So, I’m going to wait until I have some more room cleared up in a few weeks and try again then.

13 Likes

yo i feel soooooooo bad for laughing. :joy::joy::open_mouth::frowning::sweat:

If there’s even one of us who hasnt done the same… :joy:

11 Likes

It’s happened enough times over the years, always because of a lack of space, that I just shrug it off. :sunny:

13 Likes

Happens to the best of us @Sebring … so no biggie just takes a bit longer but i just read through this whole thread and you’re doing great :+1:
Excellent details etc and plants all looking well …

Happy growing/smoking bud ,
Gaz

11 Likes

Soil test results arrived.
Won’t have time to analyze them until later today, but I did notice that some gypsum and some WCA (water soluble calcium\vinegar soaked eggshells).
I also need to avoid adding more potassium (K).
Feel free to post your analysis and observations!

Saturated Paste- Bioavailability now

Soil- Bioavailable after microbial action

10 Likes

After microbial action it looks damn near perfect from a quick look. Tad bit Zn. I still suspect a TDS overload, unless someone noticed something else. Looking forward to the discussion.

8 Likes

Ya cut back on the feeding the worms banana peels for awhile that number will drop once flower comes around!

7 Likes

@Tinytuttle lol, I did eat a lot of bananas and other fruit that all went into the worm piles.
Note to self: eat more veg, the plants need you to!

10 Likes

Sounds good @Sebring I’v been dabbling around with wood ashes as well at times in my set ups! One thing to note they can bring up ph of soil if to much is used its pretty noticeable when mixed with normal tap water of about 7 ph !

4 Likes

How’s the new grow tip/edge yellowing coming along on the plants?

4 Likes

After the flush everything has gone back to the normal explosive green growth! It might need another round of water leaching, depends on if it’ll actually pull the right stuff out and not the wrong stuff.
More photos this afternoon.

6 Likes

Think Gene Simmons! Lol!

4 Likes

Read the other day classical/ jazz music can have significant positive effects on plant health and growth move over Gene Simmons figurine your about to get blasted with some Bach! :joy:

4 Likes

Do you know the source of chloride in the soil? What’s your target for it? I thought it may have been a little high.

4 Likes

I agree with ya @Sebring on the CA portion get some wsca going and top dress with some bonemeal/ pulverized egg shell for more long term effects your organic matter is high with is GREAT it will have a tendency to hold both cation and anion type mineral nutrients so additional flushing would be counter productive IMO was wonder if you have any clay like soil in your mix ? Clay has additional benefits as well in soil compositions of holding onto those “+” minerals !

4 Likes

@tinytuttle I do have local clay in the yard and with a 36% organic matter on the test I’ll be adding some before the next cycle.

The pH needs to be dropped by about 0.5, which should lock up a little bit of the potassium, sulfur, but will also release more of the phosphorus. Searching for a viable solution to lock up more §
Calcium needs to be increased so the vinegar soaked eggshells are getting applied tonight.
Manganese, copper and boron need to be applied very lightly. I’m searching for a good source of these still.

The biggest problem is that with so much organic matter there might actually be too much biological activity. After this run I’ll mix the soil I have with an equal part of indigenous soil (mostly clay) and re-amend to fix any deficiencies.

Saturated Paste- Bioavailability now

Soil- Bioavailable after microbial action

7 Likes

Oddly enough, studies have shown Heavy Metal works best… something about the heavier rhythmic vibration

6 Likes

P is in the soil right now is not available yet from my understanding of how soil works with microbiology, a plant will call for certain microbes through exudates and attract them only when P is needed then the little guys will convert it over to plant useable form. Let’s remember the plant is in total control of what it wants ,trying to get rid of something I’m afraid will cause more issues down the road!

4 Likes