Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 TE Remix

Sooooo…any updates?

6 Likes

My apologies! This winter is really fucking us over and we are down both cars. On top of that I have a new job so I’ve been juggling a lot of stuff lately.

The TE is just about finished. Not sure what numbers we’re looking at seed wise, but my veg side is back up and running smoothly so another round of TE will be run once I can take some clones of number 9. Number 5 however will be run fairly soon to determine sex and hopefully get a second female.

21 Likes

Hate it when life gets in the way though gotta take care of responsibilities :sunglasses:

She looks to be pretty seeded to me…you may be surprised once she is harvested though covering bases, if there isn’t enough seed packs this round, I am sure many will opt to wait for the next run. We’ll just have to see when the time comes :wink:

8 Likes

Well, being the FNG on the site, and now this list, I’ll be more then happy to belay, I want the people involved all around to get theirs first (and yes I know you are the same people that are willing to pass on first rounder send outs so others can get them, but now that it’s out there you can’t :stuck_out_tongue: )

8 Likes

Whats the good word @Fewding?
Cheers

5 Likes

@Fewding?
What up fam? Everything all good?

4 Likes

Hope all is well, hoping to send good vibes your way!
Peace and love yeah!

7 Likes

I’m sending him a physical letter tomorrow to see if he’s okay.

11 Likes

Yup. Here’s an instance though…Say I have an f3 from one breeder and an f3 from another. Now if I cross it will be f4 only for the traits that both had in common. Say for instance and I am thinking of a particular sets dragonblood hashplant from 2 different breeders. In my set I beleive we have an f3 and an f2. I will know tomorrow. I think it safe to assume that both breeders are selecting for the blood trait in that so a cross of these two would be …good? bad? who the hell knows?

f3 for some traits, f1, f2 for others?

Just WOW!

I have to take some clones in the next day or two. I have finally achieved a 90% or better success rate and I hope to share if I can manages some fledgling video production/editing. Some good vids on youtube but I haven’t seen anyone do it quite like me.

mmmhhhmmm like I said WOW

No xp how long a clone line can go without drift. If it’s a problem why would some clone cuts be cherished decades later?

Is that breeder aware that other breeders out there are working this line. Hard for me to sit sidelines in this one. I can get seed of this variety as a freebie in a pack f3 from someone other than him. I want to investigate that BD X JS cross.

ROFL scrolled down just a bit more and feels like I fell off into X-files episode here.

did you know you can type a colon and the first letter of the emoji…hit the -tab- key and it will show a box you can select from?

you need to learn how o roll/cure/buy better weed :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: . If I do that damn thing continues to burn just like a cig.I have a beard and my face would REALLY be on fire.

I made SIP’s from these for the wife’s figs not long back. Got one of the crates from a convenience store clerk and boom 8 plants nice holder small area. They tend to turn over if not careful.

I love the smell of this Wicked Widow I have. It’s sweet kind of like someone was chewing juicy fruit. Doesn’t really taste that way though. And frankly I gotta have a stash at least a month long to get a REAL cure on it. That was about all I got before smoking last time and it was definitely far better after a month of cure.

Hey we appreciate all your time and effort tremendously. Those girls look real nice.

Hmmmm

6 Likes

We’ve been talking TC on and off but we haven’t made much documented progress in the community.

I think this year will be the year for a concerted effort, though. :wink:

Please do, that kind of stuff provides a huge amount of value to everyone. It’s cool to see everyone’s techniques, learn new ways to do things…

Hi @Fewding, how are you my friend? :wave:
No worries if the effort went to wayside, things happen / life intervenes. We are here for you…

7 Likes

Says so in the very first post of this thread, and most if not all of the others, too.

3 Likes

I understand the blur.

By definition, F3 A x F2 B = F1, the source (A & B) having the priority on the generation. And it’s an overall notation, a trait can’t be “F4” while the plants aren’t etc …

For a trait you will more qualify it as “stabilized”, “unstable” (mix of different degree of this trait in all plants), or eventually “stable recessive” (only a minor portion of the plants carry/express the trait, the others not). The degree of stability is never dictated by the generation, but on the work done on it and on the strategies of selections.

Now if the Breeder A and the Breeder B are developing their stuff from the same original specimens (let’s say the same batch of seeds of another breeder), the output is a F4. On qualitative side (genetically), a good one made for the long term. The twos different strategies of selection becoming complementary, if the twos breeders have improved the initial state (goal) each generation of course.

Breeding for red sap can be done also on the PTK, if ever you’re able to put the hands on this old EUR amateur ibl. Forming an hybrid from twos distant sources presenting the same occurence of “blood sap specimens” is a good thing in the absolute, but to work each ones separately during enough time as isolated lines permit to offer the guarantee to be able to restrict the genetic code on this goal, more easy.

The genetic shock than is happening in a F1 don’t necessary follow the initial expression of both parents, it can be “suppressive”, complementary but also it can generate a new genetic paradigm from these similar expression : a new trait than is not expressed in both sources. To give an image, the twos “red sap” parents can generate a “violine sap” than is only possible when these lines are crossed together. A little like the flowers industry if you want.

I will personnally work isolated the twos lines and push them in their genetical limits, until the lines are unable to handle more pressure on this trait (it can take a human life for rich strains). Then eventually i will cross the twos to increase the time i can work on this trait, trough an hybrid of them. But it’s not a golden rule at all, it’s just because i’m in ease in doing it this way. Nothing say than you can’t obtain that with a smart backcrossing program or anything else.

A genetician will just search the right marker, and will do the reverse. Locking the trait, then working the line afterward to make it sexy for the given goal or the given market.

Just use the method than offer the more chances of success to your own sensitivity (which drive the selection), without choosing compromises. A compromise in breeding is the best proof than you have not dedicated enough time to the line. And all lines have their own resistance and “timeline” of work.

Hop it help ;o)

5 Likes

Thx it’s pretty clear though it will take a bit before I grok in it’s entirety…if i ever do lol.

By definition, F3 A x F2 B = F1, the source (A & B) having the priority on the generation. And it’s an overall notation, a >trait can’t be “F4” while the plants aren’t etc …

For a trait you will more qualify it as “stabilized”

Got it. And it makes sense.

I think likely at least one of the breeder’s in most cases is your breeder ‘B’

A genetician will just search the right marker, and will do the reverse. Locking the trait, then working the line afterward to >make it sexy for the given goal or the given market

But it should help stabilize the trait with the other possibilities you mention occuring. The most intriguing being -

The genetic shock than is happening in a F1 don’t necessary follow the initial expression of both parents, it can be “suppressive”, complementary but also it can generate a new genetic paradigm from these similar expression : a new trait than is not expressed in both sources. To give an image, the twos “red sap” parents can generate a “violine sap” than is only possible when these lines are crossed together. A little like the flowers industry if you want.

But if I get where you came from with that I would need another line besides this bodhi line or it’s derivatives. with the trait.

2 Likes

In a perfect world yes, it’s like an insurance on the future, to give you more margin until the line can’t handle anymore pressure. But it’s not always possible. It’s indirectly to answer to your question : is it good to cumulate strains with a shared “identical” main trait, with an hybrid in mind as the final goal.

When it’s impossible, the more secure strategy being to split your initial line in twos parralel ones (or more) than you keep isolated (= making them “distant” genetically with time). But with a logic behind : lets say than you create a sub-line from a sub-group of red sap / musky scents, and a sub-line from a sub-group of red sap / fruity scents. The goal being to find a natural segregation linked with the trait worked, more than to choose one in fact. It can be cloning performances, yield etc … and you have to discover it “on the ground”.

It will insure you than a true genetical “distance” will be create between the twos lines, in preserving the same main traits as main pressure. It ask patience and a bunch of seeds, but value the ride on the long term. When one of these line is too pressurized and start to produce too much rants, or hit the weed quality too much etc … you cross the distant lines to enrich again the line. But not with a random strain than will flush all your previous efforts, but with a line pressurized the same way (red sap first).

You can also mix a backcross program (on the best “red sap” specimen you got) with a parralel line, split in twos baccross etc … there is no limits on the tools you can choose.

5 Likes

The trait in this case is ‘sexy’ and notable enough to have been reported in other more distant lines. For instance Jack Herer. High brix counts may be necessary to exhibit and so this may drive observation down since sugar level high enough may not be that common. This makes it more difficult to pin down as to whether it is even present or not. Let alone recessive or dominant. :slight_smile: It may be present in many dark strains and not observed because brix levels are not high enough. Or bwix and combo of ph…or add temp or…lol fun plant

2 Likes

On my “books” and before the specimens of Boddhi (i don’t remember exactly when he published it the first time, i think a ~decade ago on Bbay), i’ve only seen an amateur IBL of the PTK of Tom and a pure landrace (paki) producing this specific trait.

On (pure) JH, i’ve never saw it among an insane amount of specimens (i’m preparing the F11 actually). And i’ve splitted very early the line in its twos main expressions : the well known lemony-dutch-coffeshop variation, and the vigorous-dark-hazey one than is sending you to orbit in making your day ^^ It can be interresting to test the average brix of these lines now, to make a link with the occurence. Months than i must buy a spectrometer, but i’ve serious sequential waves of attack of pests the last season, it can bias the results a lot.

3 Likes

WTF is wrong w ppl? Like even if you fucked up or something just own up to it and let us know.

3 Likes

Hello OG! Please forgive my absence over the past few months. The wife and I just barely survived our first winter in our own house and unfortunately most of my grow got put on the back burner and I lost a few mothers in the process.

Good news is that the Tranquil Elephantizer remix harvest was very fruitful! Resulted in almost 650 seeds. Separated by eye on what looks viable so there’s a hundred or so more crappy looking seeds.

Deseeding the bud was easy, I simply rubbed the dry bud through a colander and used tweezers to grab them.

These seeds are a mix of two crosses. Male #10 and male #6. Still have an unholy amount of pollen left from all five dudes.

The dried flower from my only female, #9 turned out wonderful. Very pungent smell and the most sensual high you could imagine. Great for listening to music or getting freaky. It does have a narcotic crash near the end of the High.

As soon as I get some cash I’ll stuff these in a box and send them right off to @MomOnTheRun.

Hope you all are doing great. :v:

26 Likes

Glad you survived the winter and hope you have a blessed summer ahead in your new spot… let us know if we can donate to your shipping costs to @MomOnTheRun to get the seeds out to peeps. Been looking FWD to exploring the TE … welcome back

10 Likes

Glad to see ya back! Sorry you lost a few mothers…trials and tribulations of a new environment :wink:

Awesome! Told ya they may surprise you :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds like what I have been needing in my life for an evening transition

Great! Though don’t forget about @Gaz29 in the Uk and @Craigson15 in Canada :wink:

This is what I love about this community! Lots of team work :stuck_out_tongue:

14 Likes