Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 TE Remix

I like it. Simple enough to not get distracted

4 Likes

Exactly broski! Good thing because we all know I like to overdo everything hahah

5 Likes

Don’t forget about keeping back at least a clone of the best girl to feminize for those not wanting to deal with males

5 Likes

Fantastic idea @MomOnTheRun!

I have supplies to make STS and I can acquire some more CS as well :grin:

5 Likes

I’m probably going to attempt to keep multiple clones of them all incase something happens or we want to try something else. Or for feminizing of course.

7 Likes

They’re are a bunch of uses, great idea @MomOnTheRun wonder why I didn’t think of that :wink::wink:

3 Likes

I’m still trying to be the wet blanket. :smile: :telephone_receiver: :telescope:

Perhaps a “better” way to go about a project is to solicit a breeder/s in advance.

Ask if they would like to participate & donate/retire a particular strain chosen by THEM, not us lackeys. They would be as a guiding hand, a blessing, and contributing…leaving their OWN legacy with OG Jrs. and in total agreement in it’s foundation.

If the breeder requires certain things come of it all it should be respected completely. To not do so feels like a nauseating failure of our intentions and dirties the name of Overgrow.

I have full faith in the good that will become of this and am proud to have participated. Our lives and schedules, work-loads, etc…TIME ZONES are all different and so those of us who tend towards impatience :wink: should “slow it down a bit” and allow some time for us all to work out the :bug:s. This time of year is vacation time in the Northern hemisphere still, so for we all know, Bodhi might be backpacking in the Himalayas looking for SpeeCees’ BS :laughing:

As a last note (because I’m hiiiiiigh)… it should go without saying that no monetary profit come from this directly and those who would – we cannot control the stream, only re-direct it a bit at a time – should be warned & ostracised. Their reputation will preceed them. :scales:

:evergreen_tree: who closes OG? @GreenCaciqueHawaii? 'you our last OGer in the time zone shuffle? :thinking: :clock11:

8 Likes

OMG and I thought my plant update on @MadScientist 16oz cup challenge was the funniest post of the day, but you sir have taken my
:trophy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::smiling_imp::v:

3 Likes

@cannabissequoia my time zone is unique -10: 00 is hawaii time, ive been out of commission several days , was filling kind of depressed but im getting back , @Sebring @Hoodini havent forger about ya i will awnser the message soon

Edit
Now i saw read all and @cannabissequoia yes i think i close OG because of my time zone yes hahaha

3 Likes

Would it be a worthy cause to take a clone or two of males as well? Just learning this seed making thing myself but heard somewhere here that a early pollen dropper as well as a late showing pollen dropper one might consider while breeding as well thoughts?

2 Likes

I will not take the time if it was not you ^^
Correct, at the difference than it’s the source of the P1 than decide it, not the generation of the seeds.

So in fact :

F1 Jack herer x F1 Jack herer = F2
F1 Jack herer x F1 White Widow = F1
F2 Jack herer x F2 Jack herer = F3
F2 Jack herer x F2 White Widow = F1

So F(n+1) when the initial P1 are the same only, or you restart in F1 with heterosis if it’s not the case.

There is no limit in Filial generations. F9, F20, F30 … must of the best ruderalis lines (Fedora, Futura, Felina, Compolti, Ferimon …) have twos digits generations indicated after theyr name. So the famous Futura 75, is a F75. The potent USO 32 in CBD is F32 etc … i quote industrial lines because they can’t play. Most of IBLs are certified.

The Filial indication never disapear, even if you create a new hybrid. It’s an important indication.

The S game is another domain than initially is not intended to leave the lab’. You call S1 an experimental cross of a dioecious specimen than you treat chemically to produce staminate (on a female) or pistils (on a male) and than permit to lock the genetic on itself. For different purpose : testing this exact phenotype as male donor but also to gain time in stabilization to have an overview of the genetical strenght, testing also a GMO engineering (to known if it finish fertile or not, useless mutants or not, by a “bug” in the genetical code).

In a perfect world, all valuable elite cuts will be S1 then widely distributed. But like i’ve said, it’s an experimental process at the basis than can’t reach a valuable quality grade as ouput. No one want to grow this offspring to earn his life in producing a competitive weed ^^

The feminized seeds is generally a kind of cheat of the twos process. In the industry at least, it’s generally a mix between an F1 and an experimental S1. You can use a fully recessive specimen with near no footprint to be the “reversed”’ pollen donor but also to outcross it with a basic one well know to produce a low average of herms in offspring etc … always remember than if it was as easy than it appear in theory, all elite cuts will be less desirable than today. Everyone will be able to grow pure GSC, ECSD, Chem4, Trainwreck as a common weed like Skunk#1, Masterkush (oops), Jack Herer or White Widow.

BX or Backcrossing is simply the fact to cross a F(n+1) with one of its P1, generally to do what the S1 are not capable : preserving a specific specimen but in maintaining a decent level of quality. In simple word, to keep the weed the closer possible to the original.

But it is also used to correct a breeding mistake in selection between twos generations. So you can also operate a BX between the F3 and the F4 because your choice have generated a bad move (like i don’t known, less trichomes in a breeding plan than is intended to increase it).

Hope it help ;o)

21 Likes

Thank you for your kind words and for the write up.

:+1:

2 Likes

Ok so what is the best way to get the same or very similar phenos to the f1s?
Isnt that what we are after here?

1 Like

Own a cut of the original parents, or keep fishin’

5 Likes

So I belive the seeds we are going to use will already be F2s right @Craigson15? Which means I should get a good variety of plants from the start. Then selecting the best and pollinating, I should end up with F3s correct?

1 Like

No?? The pack im donating are unopened bodhi f1 beans.

I just thought the whole plan was to make the closest copies of the f1s then share them freely.
Its now a selective breeding plan i where we as a community will isolate the best traits and breed those f1s together to make f2 selects.

6 Likes

OK even better. Only issue will be finding the best to make F2s with. Though I believe with the F2s we will be finding a lot of recessive traits like @Fuel said.

My plan is to keep cuts of all the plants, even the males, and keep them vegging in case we need to backcross, make more seeds, or try a different set of parents, etc.

8 Likes

@Fewding I think that is an amazing idea​:+1::+1:. . . @Sebring
@MomOnTheRun
Is This possible for you guys to do as well?

6 Likes

Another thought, I could possibly provide some help with trying to keep tissue culture samples of potential selections or of the population during the selection process. If that could be useful or of interest.

I have the supplies and most of the equipment to do so for around 50 samples at the moment. Admittedly, I have not actually gone through the actual culture process and long term storage as of yet and am in more of a “preparation stage” for future ambitions… Also, I would have no idea of how to manage the logistics/legality of moving samples and such…

Anyways, just a thought.

6 Likes

Very interesting idea. I can’t imagine you would need much for tissue culture.

Would shipping leaves or small growth tips work for that?

2 Likes