Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi Preservation Project In-house Special

I suggest finding someone or multiple someones who would like a managerial / secretarial position, keeping track of the project and updating the first post accordingly.

@meesh and anyone else who sees this post. Check post #1 please and thank you
And someone, anyone, post 73 has a poll with names to be input into the first post. I can’t tell who voted for what from my phone

5 Likes

Awesome idea my man! I give you first pick of any spot of your choosing, and I also call apon
@nube
@Meesh
@Torontoke
@cannabissequoia
@cannabissequoia
@MisticHaze
@OrganicGorilla
@Tinytuttle
@ANYONE else that is willing to step up to the plate
I would like to ask you to be a “leader” in this thread
I’ll wait for some hell yeahs before distributing “titles” except you @Worcestershire_Farms
You get what ever title you want

4 Likes

Lmao. I’m sorry my dude, I have a similar project in the works that we can add under a “non-bodhi related work.” My life is a little up-in-the-air at the moment and I am liable to sudden prolonged absences. I will provide assistance whenever possible tho.

I will say @MadScientist has done a commendable job with the solo cup competitions, and I’ve witnessed first-hand his readiness to smack down any potential mutiny. Lmfao :joy: :joy: :wink:

6 Likes

He isn’t a god dude. You can organize this yourself. Take control.

2 Likes

Hey hey hey. Let’s not get into what I’m not. You ever seen me and Odin in the same room together?

5 Likes

Think it’s probably just a little overwhelming. This is quite the project we have going on here.

6 Likes

@OrganicGorilla I thank you for that confidence boost,:+1::+1::+1: it will take me longer but yes I can do it myself. . .and @Fewding thanks for explaining my feeling exactly brother!:v::+1: you guys are the :bomb:

2 Likes

I glad I could put the bug in your ear about giving back, but I’m just a random nobody with no aspirations or illusions of grandeur, despite what some may think. :hugging: Happy to help, but I’m by no means an authority on the subject, or really any subject.

Seems like your project’s suffering from scope creep - it keeps getting bigger and bigger. I’d normally prefer to discuss stuff like this in private, but since you tagged me, and this thread is about transparent community collaboration, here’s some unvarnished thoughts and opinions. :stuck_out_tongue: I won’t be mean about it, tho. :wink: I ain’t like that.

It’s time to reel the thread back into something more manageable. There are too many moving pieces right now. Focus on what you can accomplish with minimal effort. Reboot the thread, perhaps in a new one. Start over with a clear direction and limited scope.

Here’s a rough hypothetical outline of what I think are the basic steps to keep a project like this on track, but don’t take my word for it - this is worth getting right with buy-in from everybody:

1. Start fresh with a single open pollination F2 project of a discontinued strain. That way no skills other than growing and pollen isolation are required. It reduces the complexity of the project.

2. Get 1 pack of donated F1 bodhi beans that people actually want to grow, and get 100% clear, public commitment from a donor.

3. Get a legit forum member to volunteer as chucker; you’ll have to figure out what criteria are necessary to be legit. Pick a few and do a cost/benefit analysis on each based on their public personas. Pick one who brings only good vibes, we hope.

4. Make sure the donor is OK with that chosen chucker, and make sure the chucker commits publicly to starting the project immediately, to sending the beans either individually or in bulk, and to sharing clones if they find anything super special.

5. Put the two together in a PM, and let them manage the xfer of beans. Just make sure there’s pictures of the package on both end, make sure it’s tracked, and all that.

6. Get the chucker to start a thread, promise to update it reliably - once a week or something, just like a tester growlog.

7. Sit back and see how it works itself out. Nothing more that anyone can do besides the chucker fulfilling their end, if it’s made it this far. If it doesn’t, well, shit happens, and no pot seeds are so valuable that losing any single pack should be much of a loss.

In the meantime, start making contacts with other breeders and some established seed sellers to see if you can work out voluntary distribution agreements. If not, you and perhaps a few other reliable, long-time community volunteers might have to handle the shipping of the end product. Once this first project starts coming to fruition, start working on the 2nd one if it’s been good and worthwhile. Don’t get ahead of yourself.

That’s about all I got so far. Hope that’s what you were looking for.

Going forward, you should know that my participation on forums is usually limited to pics, strain grow reports, and rants. And I do very little of any it. I don’t like reading back and forth discussion. I like pics, info, and DIY projects, not random chatter and speculation. That’s just who I am. :slight_smile: And I don’t generally reply to people because I’m usually not at a computer where I can reply. Just some food for thought to help level-set expectations about me and my participation. :blush:

17 Likes

I will take the rest of the day to get my life shit handles for the day and return tomorrow and start compartmentalizing this project

4 Likes

Fair & valid point…key word being “too” because with out a bit of direction, there’s no “project” per se.

Not trying to :poop: on the parade, just sayin’. :slight_smile:

:evergreen_tree: back to the crack factory

5 Likes

I’m in please. I will grow gladly! Confidence in breeding improving. Just want to be a part of this somehow. Love and Respect :cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes

what an interesting packaging technique for seeds! LOG!

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

You already know who’s donating what, so now you need to find trusted members to run the gear for f2ing. Open Pollination is Basic stuff that a new grower could pull it off.

10 Likes

!ay caramba! :upside_down:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

You sir are hired! If this was about 20 years ago I would hire you in a NY Minute! I was in Corporate Food and Beverage Mgmt for Hotels and Resorts and owned 2 restaurants. What do you do at your regular job if you don’t mind? :cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

That’s ALL?! WTF?! :wink: :laughing:

Excellent advice with some experience behind it is just what us whippersnappers needed? “Priceless.”

Strangely… I can’t argue with a single word. :thumbsup: :imp:

All… I think this is precisely what I haven’t been able to deliver.
Great points clarified.

:evergreen_tree: put that in your pipe & smoke it (or i will)

6 Likes

I’ll smoke to that!

5 Likes

You have promising future in marketing management. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

@oleskool830 do you kow the Motel6 guy? :thinking: :house_abandoned:

we’ll leave the lights on for you

:evergreen_tree: :wink:

4 Likes

lol thanks for the kind words - I wish you were an actual employer nearby, because I’m out of work, but looking. :slight_smile: I’ve had a lot of jobs doing a lot of different things in a lot of different places. Most of them legit. None of which I’ll talk about in public, and no marketing. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks to you too @cannabissequoia :slight_smile:

10 Likes