Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi S1 Goji OG

Hey folks, here we are again OG family :fire::+1:
Goji OG is the Bodhi strain
@MikeM is our breeder & donor.
Pollination will occur in early January 2019!

A very special og hybrid called goji og, named after the bright red sour himalayan berry. This hybrid has excelled indoors and out and is truly the total package, incredible full on og aroma and taste with an undercurrent of red berries, black cherry, hawiian punch, licorice, and alpine strawberries.

MikeM:
I’m not especially experienced, nor am I an avid user of Litfa. I’ve got a couple of grows under my belt, chronologically I ran

Rockwool DTW
DWC
Coco & perlite flood & drain
Organic soil

I’m now in the process of testing out aeroponic style growing, with an aeroponic cloner and mediumless F&D tray.

Without further ado, here’s my flowering tent with the organic soil in. We’ve got a bunch of clones of my Goji mother, as well as my Goji mother - Have another 7 clones running in another room. There are also 5x janky bastard plants who are either goji or SSDD x the Goji mom.

Here’s a shot of my aeroponic cloner that will eventually become a double decker mediumless flood/tray, as inspired by Klx from RIU. Temps are a little high this side of the world, so I’m hoping the dry cycles will help me avoid pythium and support growth, but I may ditch full on mediumless for the exact same setup with hydroton filled fabric pots beneath the net pots depending on how things go.

Flowering officially begins now. I will be using a couple of the clones to create some pollen in order to create some S1 beans. If anyone is interested, I’d be happy to share them.

Regards
Mike

P.S. Happy new year (in 1 hour)

Make sure to thank :mega: MikeM for his time :clock10: , effort :muscle: , and those hard earned seeds :seedling: for this project to be accomplished! ~Sebring

:warning::loud_sound:How this works is :loud_sound::warning:
You sign yourself up by clicking the triple dot symbol.
then clicking the pencil symbol
An edit window should appear at the bottom of your screen that you can use to edit this post. Add your username where it goes in alphabetical order under the category it goes under, either ADDRESS ON FILE or ADD/SEND LIST.

Donor sends seeds to breeder OR breeder has the seeds already for the project
Breeder grows the plants and documents it in the assigned thread
Those interested puts their name on the list for the breeder and distributor to go off of (How many packs needed)
Receiver ensures their safe address is on file through pm
Breeder harvests the seeds, dries them out and sends them to each distributor
Distributor reaches out to everyone in their area to arrange postage and delivery
Distributor sends out the seeds and gives receiver an estimated delivery date if they can
Distributor moves the members name from wait list to shipped list
Receivers inform seeds received

Current Request List:
:envelope_with_arrow: Address on file :envelope_with_arrow:
Africa: MikeM
Aus: Johnnybsmokin
Canada: Shadey
Latin America: MadScientist
UK/EU: Gaz29
US: MomOnTheRun
trich_house
AllOra
allotment
Badfishy1
Baltimore
beacher
Bongedtobits
BubbaRay
Burnso
cannacrab
canofbusjoe
cdnBuddy
Chainmaker
ChronicMcBudz
Craigson15
crazaer
danonly
Danza Kuduro
Djfda714
Dr_Jekyll
Drnylle
Explorer
Esrgood4u
farm3r
Felzarn
Fortheloveofbud
GreenCaciqueHawaii
gambit
Gardentroll
Gaz29
GMan
goatrock
grease_monkey
growhard
Guitarzan
Hashishin
Hashtree
Hempire420
Howard.Crane
jamescoldflame
JaxxMunster
Jay
jcfougere
jdemo75
Jhentz
Jjm
Johnnybsmokin
JuniorB
khaoohs
kingkush312
kobracom420
KronicKuz
lefthandseeds
legalcanada
MadScientist
MBSeeds
MBVapester
Meesh
MidwestMover
mike28086
Misolo313
Mohr_GreenTrees
MomOnTheRun
Mongobongo
monkeyman
MudDragon
newb2.0
Olbrannon
oleskool830
OoohThatSmell
OniTenshu
OrganicGorilla
OtisCampbell
Pakore
Pedro
Phatlewtz
Pookie123
poppapuff
randrobertson522
reallifegrows
Red_Beard420
riahgorf_1
schmarmpit
SamwellBB
SCJedi
Sebring
Shanti-ri
ShiskaberrySavior
Smokeygrows
spaceman
SteppinIntoTheLight
SpikPT
Swe-can
thaweedguy
TheBubbleKing
thenasty1
Tinytuttle
Tommy_McCain
Trichomelab
Trich_house
ttutone
trytogoodbud
V4vendetta
Vertebrata
werbas
Whadop
Worcestershire_Farms
zephyr
BuckeyeBeanz
tompsu_daa
Zion
50State
Smokerheat
Shadey
LabRat
TrippyHippy
misterbee
curiouscat
papalag
HolyAngel
instg8ter
ADD/SEND LIST
:seedling::seedling::seedling:Please Pm Address to Sebring or your distributor :seedling::seedling::seedling:
Canada: Shadey
Latin America: MadScientist
UK/EU: Gaz29
US and everywhere else: MomOnTheRun

:clipboard: If you have, put your name in bold above :clipboard:

gambit
No_Chem
invisible
Morbidly_OG
Dankitydank1976
Hugh_Glass

52 Likes

Nice.

Got me some Goji seeds waiting.

Let’s see em rock.

11 Likes

Happy New year! A mediumless flood and drain sounds interesting. Look forward to seeing what you end up doing.

7 Likes

Looks like your off to a great start. Have always wanted to run Goji. How many times have you ran it?

Peace

Bonged

7 Likes

Only my second time, first run was a bit of screw up, moved apartments during the grow etc. Hoping this one ends up more successfully - this organic soil thing is very new for me and I’m trying to decide how many clones I should be reversing and how many I should be using for seeds. Hoping to keeping the mom unendowed with seeds :+1:

I’m working on another lighting fixture for my seedlings/clones, 5000k LM561Cs which will be done by Monday. I’m not 100% sure of what I’ll be doing in terms of timing of the reversals, I may veg the clones a little longer, pop them back in the tent and reverse 1 or 2 and as soon as the pollen sacks have developed enough, pull them out for collection, paintbrush pollenate 3-4 of the clones. I’ve heard that once pollenated, it’s of little consequence to keep plants at 12/12 or at veg lighting, so I’ll either pop all of the seed mothers in the veg setup, or split them to see if there’s any notable difference.

12 Likes

Cloning setup ready to go (hopefully)!! Got the cuttings inside that cool coco coir sponge stuff, in a 50mm net pot, with a neoprene collar on top. Think they’re in there pretty securely, should be able to get away with pretty infrequent watering for now.

15 Likes

So far, so good! Not bad for less than 24h

17 Likes

24 hours from taking the cuts? If so that’s amazing.

5 Likes

Sadly not, 10 days from taking the cuts, they were fairly well rooted in their coco sponges, all the growth outside the netpot is new

6 Likes

I was gonna say I must be doing it wrong! 10- 14 is the norm for me.
Those roots look great! You running straight water in that thing?

4 Likes

At the moment, just water. Trying to figure out dosages of h2o2 and liquid kelp before I add goodies :slight_smile:

6 Likes

So 6 days into flower, here’s how we’re looking!

Keeping temps around 29-30c, around 700uMol/s/m² on the mom and around 250 on the smaller plants.

I’ll be pulling all of the larger pot seedlings out tomorrow once I’ve got my veg setup sorted out. I’m keeping all the little clones from the left in to be my beanmakers!

Here we see big goji has just started to stretch, canopy sitting around 33cm on average.

One of the clones

And then a view of the whole little 1m x 1m tent.

13 Likes

@mikem There is no “right way” to grow cannabis, so it’s good that you’re exploring all the ways you can grow it. Many of us have, and we’ve learned to appreciate the advantages & disadvantages that different arrangements provide! The set up and plants are looking great. It’s obvious that you’re learning cannabis growing technique very quickly! :evergreen_tree: :smiley:

If you STS a whole plant (you’re teenage plants are plenty big enough for seed making, as is the mother plant) spraying it every 3 days for about 3-4 weeks, starting when you flip to flowering light, then you’ll get a single plant that is completely covered in pollen sacks and fully capable of fertilizing an entire room of plants.

(I’m still editing the defoliation post I promised, it hasn’t been forgotten :wink:.)

10 Likes

I’m a tinkerer by nature, for better or worse. I’d probably have much more success if I stuck to one method and practiced it, but I really do suffer from the grass being greener (than mine at least)

Unless the organic thing delivers absurdly turpy bud, I’d definitely en-route back to hydro. There’s always been a reason for me to move from one method to the next.

Rockwool I enjoyed, but it was prone to overwatering from me. I’d have stuck to it if I didn’t care about my impact on the ecology - and have been looking for an alternative since.

DWC was great, superb speed but summer temps here in SA are way too high for me to be fighting with pythium the whole time.

Coco and perlite worked pretty well in F&D, but it was a little unwieldly once all was said and done. The size of my pots didn’t really work with my trays and growth couldn’t compare to the first two.

Organic soil has been my least favourite. I was fighting a mag deficiency for about two weeks before then fighting with the mix I was using being too hot - I miss the flexibility of hydro - if I screw something up it’s generally quite easy to fix.

I’m currently sitting between two systems - mediumless F&D / aeropnics and a product called Eazyplug. I seem to have found my rockwool replacement, bonus being it’s impossible to overwater too, but it’s really costly.

The system supposedly can be reused 3 times, but costs around $20 per setup. A little much for my frugal tastes. That said the plugs for these are far better than the usual coco sponge solutions. Have had some pretty good germination and clone success with them so far and they set me back around $0.25 a piece.

I’m glad that I’ve found a place where I can share my practicing and hopefully get some solid guidance in moving forwards!

STS sprays have started, next one is due tomorrow!

14 Likes

if you feed and do organic right, it will deliver the more terpy buds and better flavor you seek imo

7 Likes

This brings a tear to my eye…

7 Likes

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS! Got my popcorn ready.

@MikeM Thanks for running these. I’m the same way… no two grows are ever alike. One day I’ll learn my lesson (maybe). But experimenting keeps me learning and keeps me engaged, and realistically, even my worst grows have always been plenty for my needs.

9 Likes

Yes, pulling up a chair as well to watch this grow.

Cheers Johnny

5 Likes

Would love to be placed on list please! Thank you to everybody involved including but not limited to donor, grower distribution and organizer!

3 Likes

Did you select the mother from seed? Or buy a goji clone? Pics of the mother flowering? Thanks

3 Likes