Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi S1 Goji OG

Oh man, the simplicity of an ebb n flow in a bathtub is downright beautiful! lmfao :thumbsup:

9 Likes

Throwing my name in the ring as well. Thanks for running these @MikeM. Any chance of you making F1s as well as S1s?

5 Likes

Iā€™d like to throw my name into the ring, please! Iā€™ve been growing Bodhi strains for many years now but never had a chance to run his infamous Goji. S1 is a fantastic idea. Nice looking gorw. Thanks for doing this.

6 Likes

Just short of 2 weeks in to flower. Made some adjustments to the organisation of my tent to give the pyramid and my germination chamber more light. Really cranking the lights now and getting around 800uMol. Really impressed to see how quickly the roots are spreading through the pyramid. Super cool at almost $20 per unit, I donā€™t know if Iā€™d run them again. Hoping the aerocloner works well now that Iā€™ve got things dialed in - turns out my EC meter was on the frits, so was underfeeding them a ton.

16 Likes

can i get in on this? i learned of bodhi too late to get my hands on any goji beans

6 Likes

Your not late as this seed run is currently in progressā€¦enjoy the grow, I know I am :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

likewise, always enjoyable to see the style/methods of other gardeners. always something to be learned

@MikeM thanks for your efforts.

10 Likes

Oh wow, please add me. Iā€™ve always wanted to try this one. Thank you and let me know if there is anything I can do. peace

5 Likes

Looking good, everythingā€™s ready to go off! Signing myself up :sunglasses:

5 Likes

One of the plants is showing a pretty heavy deficiency on new growth. Anyone got ideas on what it could be? None of the other plants are showing the same issue, itā€™s just this one. Only affecting new growth, so assume itā€™s a mobile nutrient. Thinking of flushing with PHā€™d water and with a 200ish ppm solution of whatever it looks like itā€™s hungry for - just need to figure that out.

8 Likes

Is that one in soil or coco?

Itā€™s an organic mix, using coco as a base, with

Thermophilic compost,
Perlite,
Earthworm castings,
Alfalfa/Lucerne meal,
Basalt rock dust,
Soft rock phosphate,
Seabird guano,
Calcitic lime,
Dolomitic Lime,
Kelp meal,
Diatomaceous Earth

Itā€™s my first bash running this sort of thing, I think itā€™s hungry for potassium, but I donā€™t know enough about this soil thing to be confident.

6 Likes

I think Iā€™d agree. I havenā€™t run organic in a while, but I see a lot of P, Ca and Mg in your mix, but not much Kā€¦ usually the toughest macronutrient in organics as I remember. Got any potassium sulfate handy?

6 Likes

I only have monopotassium phosphate as well as some of this

4 Likes

That soluble potash seems simple enough. I donā€™t think your issue is Ca or Mg by the looks of it, which I think is really the only thing that adding K would interfere with. Iā€™d try adding some on your next watering.

5 Likes

Great, gave them a dose and will see how things look in the coming days!

Thanks for the help @lefthandseeds

4 Likes

One of the F2 practice runs, showing some pretty solid growth in the aerocloner with a coco sponge inside a netpot. Wonā€™t be long and Iā€™ll have to move them into the flood and drain setup!

12 Likes

Beautiful roots. What type of coco sponge do you use? Do you use them for rooting clones too?

2 Likes

Yep, germination and clones. Really high success rate. Now learned to use 1 plug as a sacrificial filler to use a bit of coco sponge to close up the holes. Works a real treat, and they pop super fast. out of 8 attempts, I have 6 successes . One just didnā€™t take - not sure one. One is s in limbo - roots growing but it looks a bit stunted and unhappy (front right)

13 Likes

Oh ya I did see those earlier in the thread. I looked around a bit and doesnā€™t look like theyā€™re in Canada yet. They seem pretty ideal vs rockwool etc

5 Likes