Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi S1 Goji OG

I gave her a good water with RO water last night. If things get worse, I’ll be fairly confident that it’s potassium! Tried feeding with some earlier in the week and things look worse since :man_shrugging:t2::triumph:

4 Likes

Yeah, I try not to answer the deficiency ID questions anymore for exactly that reason.

4 Likes

The only reason I ask is that on post 51 you mention thermo compost , thermo isn’t in it then? Everything looks in order but was wondering if the kit directions suggest to let it " cook" for 3-4 weeks before adding plant to me looks like there’s some pretty big players in this mix , if it was just mixed and planted this could be the problem , with what knowledge I have about EWC they should be providing more than enough K in your mix for healthy growth. Biochar is another one that sticks out at me there’s charged and in charged versions out there but a reputable company wouldn’t ever put in-charged in a mix I wouldn’t think,

6 Likes

So this “kit” of mineral mix was it like 2-3cups per 5 gallons of mix or something similar?

3 Likes

Check the ph range of the coco coir. I used botanicare coco and it worked best between 5.6 and 6 0

1 tablespoons Epsom salt per gallon will add calcium and magnesium

Coco and RO combined may require more calcium. Lack of calcium affects availability of nutrients…you may have sufficient nutrients but they are locked up.

Hope this helps but call the vendor because he should have heard all the potential problems.

4 Likes

EWC contain a good amount of calcium as well it is secreted over the cast as it exits the worm FWIW

2 Likes

True… I don’t know whether his soil has live worms or cocoons. Coco affects the cation exchange because it holds onto calcium and magnesium. I can’t explain better but search CEC for soil and coco for details.

3 Likes

I did actually leave it to sit for like 2 months before use. Could that be causing this issue? Made sure it was dark, warm and not dry. Could that be an issue? My logic was giving the bacteria some time to get a head start.

2 Likes

No live worms or cocoons. So it may also be a matter of the coco being “charged”?

4 Likes

Ok so I’ve got a far bigger problem than any deficiencies.

I may have been sold fake ass silver nitrate. The girl to be reversed is showing signs of female flower. The latest of the batch by far, but definitely looking female.

Gonna start hitting her with a 200ppm dose of GA3 at lights on and a double dose of “STS” at lights off.

At least the clones in the aerocloner look superb. Worst case I’ll use them for seeds.

3 Likes

Looks good that was done … issue no IMO… how long were plants in there new media before issues were noticed?

1 Like

About 3 months at a guess. I fought some magnesium deficiency in veg, sprayed a bunch of calmag and it cleared up. This has only appeared in the last week or 2

2 Likes

Well everything looks in order as far as time frame good mix of nutes my best guess is that that particular plant might be just a heavy feeder some strains are like that. With that mix I’d have a hard time believing that the soilless mix would be lacking as mentioned in above post it which I’m leaning towards now is the coco substrate and its ability to hold on certain nutes I personally am not familiar with COCO peat is my choice for these soils.

3 Likes

So throwing this out there for all Coco users could coco be locking stuff up ? I’v heard of high salt content coirs of not being properly rinsed and soaked could this be the issue?

1 Like

I’m curious as well. These type of issues are the hardest to get right. It must be an issue with coco, and I don’t have the experience with it either other than reading. Guessing and giving it more nutes doesn’t always work out, as we’ve all found at some time or another.

I’ve had some similar issues recently and am curious to learn more. Most sites for troubleshooting sick plants are really simplistic.

You’ll get a handle on it, especially since you’re dealing with the same strain with all plants. I would research coco more and see how it lines up with what you have going now. Best vibes on the hunt for answers, I’m interested, too.

peace

4 Likes

Coco can have a lot of salts. I always check the EC when I expand my coco, especially if using a new brand. Coco can store a lot of K, S, Na and Cl initially. Obviously Na and Cl can be harmful to the plants in high amounts.

Feeding with coco can be tricky as well. For the first ~3 weeks, the coco will release K(+) and fill charge sites with Ca(2+) or Mg(2+). Since K, Ca and Mg are all antagonistic toward each other, this can have detrimental effects… essentially a double-whammy of immobilizing Ca and Mg from your feeds and releasing K in their place, which in turn reduces the absorption of what mobile Ca/Mg is left.

Coco is hydroponic-like in many aspects, but it is still a very dynamic medium and far from “inert” as some people suggest. If you’re not using coco-specific nutrients, it pays to do a little reading. I’ve been using coco for about 2 years and only now am beginning to feel like I have a decent grasp on it.

Here’s a great article I’d recommend to all coco users:

10 Likes

Sorry if is out of the topic I couldn’t pass without mention it

For those who are looking for branch benders;
This are dirty cheap the only thing is the waiting time

£2.00 12% Off | Top 100Pcs Plant Tomato Clip Fastener Plant Vines Vegetable Farming Clip Vine Bushes Tendril Binder Plants Clips Greenhouse

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/W6IXwRf

6 Likes

Not too much of a change today

Plants in the aero just exploding.

Finally starting to see some flowers form!

15 Likes

Here is the Goji I just grew out. I am just finishing up the cure. Gave it a try last night and it was an amazing high. I sat down after and read 60 pages in a botany book I have not been able to read because it was so dry. Very OG smelling, had a fruity muffin smell two weeks ago but now the fruitiness and berry flavors are coming through. One of my all time favorites for sure. I am super exited for everyone to try it. We all need to experience this killer strain.

Oh did I mention it was a joy to grow. Cannot beat it!

I’m not the best photographer…

22 Likes

Oh, thank you.I been wanting to grow this for a long time. I’ve heard nothing but good things about Goji and many people claim it as on of their top three. peace

4 Likes