Seed Run Co-op: Bodhi's Cheech Wizard **Closed**

Very interesting. I think I have to agree with this.

7 Likes

Awesome work @nube they look great and thanks for the donation @The_Lazy_Hippie.

7 Likes

I would like to join, if there is another spot open.

4 Likes

Need to be a TL2 or TL3 member @CannaPeace

Stay with us a bit more, mingle some show some love :heart: and love will be thrown back to you!! More than you know :heart_eyes::v::fire:

12 Likes

@Swe-can i am a level 2

4 Likes

Edited : now when I went in your profile I saw that your a member. But when I press you avatar it says basic !

Then it’s just for you to join in if there’s any room!

Sorry for the mistake :heart:

9 Likes

No worries, i just got the level up a little bit ago .

8 Likes

The number 7 pheno is gorgeous!

7 Likes

Couldn’t agree more with this and part of the reason I really enjoy this place. I can definitely see that cannabis is starting to head in the direction of where our food is. People freaked out when they saw purple carrots and wouldn’t buy them. There are many examples of this. Most average consumers want high THC cannabis but there is so much more to this plant.

Growing/sharing the crop and educating my friends is something that I have been really enjoying as of late. I introduced a few people to a 2:1 CBD:THC strain and they’ve just been loving it compared to high THC stuff. Obviously there’s a time and a place and I’m not knocking anyone who enjoys those strains. Please don’t get me wrong. I am just saying that I would hate to see it only head in that direction. Especially with all the new emerging small and minor cannabinoids being discovered today. The research is opening up and it’s nice to see. I just hope the average consumer will educate themselves.

19 Likes

I’m in the same boat. Living in a rec state pretty much everything in the stores is 20-30% THC with 0% CBD - the highs that I would get were not enjoyable for me, and some of the times actually just a bad experience. I find that growing some of the varieties I’ve been gifted by friends or from people on here that the highs are much more enjoyable, and balanced. More of a benefit than a hindrance.

15 Likes

same boat man, exploring different cannabanoid profiles and discovering stuff that really jives with my system has been one of the most exciting parts of growing for me personally. the idea of seed storing and collecting across the board now has a lot more appeal to me in general we need a more complete understanding of the plant, and a more well rounded offering available to folks

9 Likes

Your plants remind me a lot of the Sour Dubb x Snow Lotus I grew for @GrowHard’s test project. I’m actually looking forward to regrowing those.

They sure grew out nice. Great work! peace

13 Likes

The snow lotus male throws some killer hybrids, did anybody catch the question that Bodhi submitted on Dj shorts “potcast” interview, asking if he has used psychedelics to help make his selections, I bet Bodhi finds his males this way =D

17 Likes

Really liking #7 is that one you’re fav? :peace_symbol:

8 Likes

@nube That #10 pheno looks very similar to one of the Dank Sinatra f2s I grew from you.
With the way the bud clusters at the top and the leaves kinda hang down from it. As far as I’m aware non of these genetics are closely related so interesting to see that.

10 Likes

Love it. Been so so busy lately sorry man and i seen the op for some of these and jumped w/out reading.

Im excited to run some at some point cuz i loved smoking and growing daz nightowls wizards apprentice (cheech wizard x auto skywalker).

I love all of bodhis OG type projects and have always wanted to try some of that green curry og that is the mum of the cheech wizard.

10 Likes

the Diablo og is supposed to have a curry smell; I wonder where it comes from. I grew out chocolate Diesel s1 from useful and two had a ‘butter and curry with potpourri’ smell to them once dried. the smell didnt translate to the smoke flavor though, it was all Chem.

6 Likes

I hope everyone’s doing well! I’m still shucking every night. :astonished:

Today’s a day 56F update for the Cheech Wizard with some smell notes. Also, I wanted to note that bodhi said on Breedbay many years ago that Cheech Wizard was the sativa version of his OG fusion snow lotus crosses, and that Goji OG was the indica version. Keep that in mind…

Whole tent:

Pheno #7 is swole and stinking like a blue snowcone sprayed with cologne. Pretty plant! Has a gorgeous color in person, hints of magenta hiding inside the forest green of her leaves:

Pheno #8 has developed a chem d halitosis funk to complement her wet hashtray overtone. Smells bad, almost like rotting meat. Superstar level frost but I dunno if I’m gonna be able to find a spot to smoke on her entire frame cuz of all the gnats. Might run this plant every round instead of yellow sticky traps. lol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Does it look like she has a ton of seeds?

Pheno #9 is straight cedar and the buds are filling in. Very robust frame, strong stems, needs no support. A pretty plant that I’d like to see more of, perhaps even outdoors in a place that has a warm fall.

Pheno #10 is getting gnarly on me. I can’t tell if she just doesn’t like what I’m doing or if she’s finicky like her mom or if she’s just gone jungle hippie on me due to being preggo. Maybe she’s light sensitive? I dunno, but her top nugs are wild looking, while the 2nd tier nugs are normal. Her smell is mild cologne og with kitchen herbs and something foul underneath. I feel like there’s a star hiding behind my poor effort with this one. Can’t wait to rerun her!

Pheno #11 is a gorgeous plant with excellent looking nugs, good structure, and has been a joy to grow all around. She has a stronger og stink with a hint of lemon & berry, underpinned by something you might smell at the ocean. Saltwater, sea spray, seaweed. Does she look very seeded to you?

I don’t put a lot of stock into the looks or smells when flowering, but I do take note of the structure and structural integrity of the plants, as well as secondary characteristics like leafiness and the type of frost - greasy, sandy, or sticky. You truly can’t pick winners until they’ve been properly dried and cured for at least a few weeks, and then smoke them in a variety of settings across a few weeks. Hopefully with others to get their opinions.

Gotta say, though, that shucking these has been a real chore. Some of the buds are so dense that they just won’t break down, even thought they’re like 30% humidity. I’m only able to shuck about 2 zips an hour. Smells great, though!

:sun_with_face: :seedling:
:peace_symbol: :rainbow:

62 Likes

Sounds terrible, the buds are just too dense. :stuck_out_tongue: It does suck for a seed run, certainly, but it’s a good trait to have overall… so again, thanks for your sacrifice getting these out into the OGverse. Hopefully there’s plenty left for you too in between all the seeds…

To the extent flowering smells do mean anything, #11 sounds best to me; then again, rotting meat might cure into something interesting too. Who knows except the plants, right?

13 Likes

Are those white things in some of the closeups immature seeds? They just fall out of the flowers like that? And sit on the leaves? Crazy. Didn’t know that that was a thing.

Sorry it’s taking you so long to shuck. You’re really making me reconsider ever making any seeds haha…

13 Likes