Seed Run Co-Op F1 ZamaldelicašŸŒ X Grand Daddy Purp šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø (CLOSED)

Hey V,

This is a great thing you are doing, thanks.
Iā€™ve been looking for anything Zam for awhile.
:+1:

7 Likes

Another zamaldelica cloneā€¦

15 Likes

Ever try monster cropping her?

2 Likes

Probably gorgeous outdoors.

2 Likes

On the large mother ive done some super cropping. Dont super crop mid veg if you havenā€™t been training her the whole time. With all the branching it too much weight. I did a heavy trim right before flower and supercropped 2 substems and tied down every other substem including the main cola. Whats monster cropping bro?

4 Likes
9 Likes

Thatā€™s interesting for sure. These will be the first non autos ive ran in this room. I am revegging a GDP and a Zamaldelica clone right now maybe Iā€™ll breed them again and see if they make a bushy offspringā€¦ Thanks @Misolo313!

6 Likes

Good link @ Misolo313, though that is not the technique I was referring to.

A quick search on ddg shows a lot of methods but the method I use with much success is taking clones from flowering plants, 21 days into flower exactly.

Hereā€™s a link until I can dig up the one Iā€™m looking for.

Done properly, you can keep a perpetual harvest going indefinitely.
Iā€™ve tested it and it works great.
Just havenā€™t found THE strain yet.

A pair I grew for a friend. about a month or so after rooting.

10 Likes

Found it.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=224569

7 Likes

Thanks @spaceman for the info. Way ahead of you guys. I also saved a blue rhino clone that Iā€™m breeding with GDP as well.

7 Likes

The link i should have used.
Idk what that one was on about.

3 Likes

So if you go down about 6 replies

I have tried this but the time that it takes to bring the plant back to vegetative growth can be used to grow a much larger plant than any ā€˜monster cropā€™ in my opinion. The clones I used took like 3 or more weeks to sort themselves out and start growing well plus 2 weeks to root. In the mean time the normal clones were already 2ft tall, lstā€™ed, topped and ready for bloom. My point is that with 21 days of veg as you reported and longer rooting times you could get much larger root mass, plant size and yeild potential

Another saidā€¦

tooo many branches and popcorn for me

And finallyā€¦

Iā€™ve done it as well. I like cloning in veg better. Plus itā€™s harder to train a mutant.

Just food for thought before you are 3 weeks into the trainā€¦

6 Likes

Clones are great but seeds are better. The only reason I am saving the cuts is because iam breeding every strain I have ATM. And someday a BX will need to happen and Iā€™ll have the cut I need. And if these plants turn out to be phenomenal then I would want to s1 the clones too.

7 Likes

lol
For me the whole idea of cloning is to proliferate females, not males or ā€œmutantsā€ Where the hell did that come from?.
Some folks must have lots more time and space on their hands than I do.

2 Likes

Hes talking about the replies to the article on the website you posted. And hes taking them into considerationā€¦as am I. We look into what your posting much closer then other websites do. It would be rude not to read what the others ppl said on ICmag about the topic that was posted on the websiteā€¦and we would miss all the other input the other minds are giving us. Weā€™re always grateful for useful information. Its the main motto of OG.

8 Likes

Hereā€™s a pic of a revegged mutant zamaldelica clone. Now everyone has their mutant fetish satisfied. :relieved:

13 Likes

wow how did I miss this thread? @V4vendetta thanks for making this fascinating hybrid! Iā€™ll definitely be signing up for this run. Iā€™m from the bay area so I always need some grandaddy purp or cherry pie in my stash. Zamaldelica x gdp sounds like a fun heirloom remix of the classic cherry pie (durban x gdp).

5 Likes

do you have any advice on forcing clones like this to reveg? I recently harvested a rare throwback bagseed, and the only cut to survive was one I took in early flowering. Itā€™s only putting out single blade leaves, and itā€™s making calyxes at all the nodes instead of new growth. usually I donā€™t have any problems with reveging.

I just harvested an old bagseed of durban pie (cherry pie durban bx) x surfā€™s up thai (thai landrace x canadian 50 indica). The colors are amazing and it smells like gasoline, mexican hard candy, and coffee beans. The bagseed came from an old fillmore boys street dealer around 2008, and I gotta do everything I can to preserve this one in seed form. The durban pie is a genetic precursor to girl scout cookies, and the surfā€™s up thai is gone along with its breeders.

6 Likes

Thats sounds awesome @zephyr. I am fairly new to the revegging process. Sounds like these two boys here have more advice on revegging without creating mutants then I do, honestly. So @spaceman what do you think would be the best method? Or @Misolo313 if you have anything thoughts tooā€¦

5 Likes

Any time Iā€™ve put plants back into veg I put them into total dark for a week or so before putting them under 24 light with a shot of fish emulsion. No idea if keeping them in the dark helped or not. Just something Iā€™d picked on way back when and stuck to doing.

6 Likes