Seed Run Co-op: Goroka Highland, Papua New Guinea

Two weeks old

^These Two are the two ^ that were too close together in the last shot, being trained away from each other. Bucket gets rotated every day or so.

26 Likes

Took their first bath with a couple temporary friends.

25 Likes

Hey all… apols for the absence, I have been helping one of my brothers protect his propery from one of the monster fires that has been burning down here… it’s seriously insane what is going on down here… and I know this in not supposed to be a place for politics but after seeing some of what is burning here alI can say is our sorry ‘leaders’ have their heads up their asses…

Check it out… blood red sun… it was like this for weeks…

Anyway back on point… I arrived home yesterday to find a package waiting… so we have had a success!! Now the question I wanted to ask everyone is when I should put these in? The plan is to do them outdoor as I have mentioned, only it’s now getting a little late in the season… here I would normally be planting around september for harvest in April/May depending on genetics of course… I can put these in, though they will face the impending monsoon any day now, or I can leave it a little while and do then as ‘wintery’s’ or I can wait till August and grow them to full stretch…

I’ll be making a large greenhouse/shade house so the other option is to put them in there under cover… anyway crew, these are your beans so let me know and I will make it so…

Am looking forward to it!

32 Likes

No need to rush if the season is wrong.

Good luck with those fires. It breaks my heart to hear of all of the destruction. Prayers and vibes sent!

12 Likes

What’s making the sun red like that?

4 Likes

Just the massive amounts of smoke in the air, it scatters the light and blocks most of the blue light from getting through, similar to the way some sun sets/rises are red I guess…

13 Likes

Dang man I hope the fires get better soon, and the smoke, yuck… Pooor animals and humans. So much destruction…

Wildfire smoke can be brutal… experienced it more than one year in a row where I live, but less devastating fires thankfully.

9 Likes

Hope your family came through alright bloke. It’s a tough season this one, I’m lucky nothing has come too near here.
These “wild fires” are getting worse every time, every couple of years at least they run rampant. Farkwit politicians do nothing but wring they’re hands…and as many political points as possible. From the ash Wednesday fires in 2002, the commission handed down ~58 recommendations, I think 6 have been acted on :unamused: But the people will pay for another one…Sorry for the rant and derail
I reckon throw them in mate. You should be able to reveg there, especially if you leave them in pots and can move them undercover for any frost you may get. Of course, your call. I think you might be able to get a constant grow going of whatever you’d want :grin:
Good to see you back and hopefully all good mate.
Cheers

11 Likes

La di da Di…

La di da Di…

23 Likes

My first hip hop show was KRS One with Slick Rick. Talk about hip hop royalty.

Plants looking great!

9 Likes

Secondary growth is ridiculous.

One month down, five to go. They’re getting big enough to transplant soon.

26 Likes

Better pictures. (usd bills are 15cm)

33 Likes

Plants are looking great and that $20 looks fresh off the press!

8 Likes

Uppotted and splayed outwards.

22 Likes

Very cool. Do you encounter any issues with root development/training when keeping them in the same bed like that?

2 Likes

There’s about 12 gallons, so as long as the branches don’t overlap they’ll be good. Being pure sativa they’ll definitely fill every cubic inch of the soil though.
I grew a single Neville’s haze in a 30 gallon trash bin back in the day, and her roots covered the bottom when she was done

15 Likes

Holy shit!!! Run those sats, mang!!! Was thinking of getting some sat heavy strains and leaving them in the flower room for a few months and see what happens…I love those top heavy buds…15 week flower…yeah, sure…10 ounce harvestwoth 12/12 from seed?! Yeah, sure…lol

Currently doing an east indy run with indicas…would love to do a sati run…seeds for everyone!!!

8 Likes

Never had luck running pure sativas 12/12 from seed. Havent measured ppfd or dli or anything, but these are under low light 24/7, and only a couple hours a day of full intensity. Hoping to get em to sexual maturity as small as possible.
Now that we’re approaching that point I’ve flipped that and they’re getting mostly high-intensity, and part-time dimmed.

If you look back at the first post in this thread, their mother is considerably larger at 5-6 weeks than these are now. With a little luck they’ll show sex at the same 8-9 week point and I’ll have them finished by the Summer Solstice.

22 Likes

Dog bless you for growing out those sativas! I tell ya, I thought the ones I grew this year would outlive me. Fucken A! :laughing:

14 Likes

Six weeks old? Six weeks and a day? idk. It’s something like that. They’re happy, that’s all that matters.

27 Likes