Seed Run Co-Op Herijuana - Done and Dusted [CLOSED]

TTOur new Breeder: @Pedro_Bann :rocket: !!!

Edit: Vote for the strain you’d like to see made into an F2 (or possibly crossed with something else) to distribute seeds to OG members. We are in round 2 of voting:

Hey everybody, I’ve been on here for a couple weeks and I really like what I’ve seen. There’s some flare ups once in a while (we’re human after all), but overall this is a very civil cannabis forum and this post made me think that I want to give something back to the community: Giving Back To The Community - #74 by Pakore
I think I’ll become a $1 patreon supporter of the site, but on top of that I would like to fund a seed run that we crowdsource on the forum. My idea would only work if one of the forum members who regularly gives away a lot of seeds would help me. Without one of these members, my plan will stay just an idea.

My plan is to buy 10 cheap seeds (We can vote on the strain, but I already have a seedbank in mind since I don’t want to spend too much) and have someone who has the space, time, and willingness to cross these 10 females (I’ll most likely get feminized seeds unless we form a consensus not to) to a male that they have or self them to make seeds (we can vote on feminized or regular too) that will be distributed to the community. Paying shipping costs to send to the community is something I haven’t been able to figure out (Bitcoin, PayPal, pro bono I dunno honestly).
Anybody who has sent out many seeds want to help me out? I basically have no space to do this myself and I don’t really know how to stealthily ship seeds. I kinda just want to help some people out and see some cool pictures along the way. I’d just want some seeds back, even if it’s less than the original 10.
So what do you guys think?

This seed run is a part of the Seed Run Co-Op Rare or Discontinued Preservation Project In-house Special

:warning::loud_sound:How this works is :loud_sound::warning:
You sign yourself up by clicking the triple dot symbol.
then clicking the pencil symbol
An edit window should appear at the bottom of your screen that you can use to edit this post. Add your username where it goes in alphabetical order under the category it goes under, either ADDRESS ON FILE or ADD/SEND LIST.

Donor sends seeds to breeder OR breeder has the seeds already for the project
Breeder grows the plants and documents it in the assigned thread
Those interested puts their name on the list for the breeder and distributor to go off of (How many packs needed)
Receiver ensures their safe address is on file through pm
Breeder harvests the seeds, dries them out and sends them to each distributor
Distributor reaches out to everyone in their area to arrange postage and delivery
Distributor sends out the seeds and gives receiver an estimated delivery date if they can
Distributor moves the members name from wait list to shipped list
Receivers inform seeds received

Current Request List:

:envelope_with_arrow: Address on file :envelope_with_arrow:
Africa: MikeM
Aus: Johnnybsmokin
Canada: Shadey
Latin America: MadScientist
UK/EU: Gaz29
US: MomOnTheRun

AllOra
allotment
Badfishy1
Baltimore
beacher
BuckeyeBeanz
BubbaRay
Burnso
bytheKasiz
cdnBuddy
Chainmaker
ChronicMcBudz
Craigson15
crazaer
danonly
DiggySoze
Dr_Jekyll
Drnylle
Explorer
Felzarn
fortheloveofbud
Fred flinstone
Fresherbs
Gaz29
Gman
goatrock
grease_monkey
growhard
Guitarzan
Hashishin
Hashtree
Hempire420
herb4ever
Howard.Crane
ifish
jamescoldflame
Jay
Jjm
johnnybsmokin
Jdem075
jhentz
Kasper0909
khaoohs
KingKush312
kronickuz
Leaf
lefthandseeds
legalcanada
Lonnieboy28
MBseeds
MBVapester
mike28086
Misolo313
misterbee
MomOnTheRun
Mongobongo
monkeyman
Neogitus
Olbrannon
Oleskool830
OniTenshu
Pedro_Bann
Phatlewtz
piper
pookie123
PoppaPuff
randrobertson522
riahgorf_1
Red_Beard420
SamwellBB
schmarmpit
SCJedi
Sebring
shiskaberrysavior
Smokeygrows
Smkncanuck
SpikPT
Swe-can
thenasty1
TheShowMeHomie
TheHighCheef
Tommy_McCain
ttutone
werbas
Zephyr
50State
Zion
Shadey
Heritagefarms
valleymicro
instg8ter
Badger
yobigdaddy
JBow918
zavorotnuck
ChemicalDependant
Iggypuffs
ADD/SEND LIST
:seedling::seedling::seedling:Please Pm Address to Sebring or your distributor :seedling::seedling::seedling:
Africa: MikeM
Aus: Johnnybsmokin
Canada: Shadey
Latin America: MadScientist
UK/EU: Gaz29
US: MomOnTheRun

:clipboard: If you have, put your name in bold above :clipboard:

curiouscat
invisible

21 Likes

Normally the guys that send seeds are breeding the ones that they want personally and a bunch of leftovers get sent out.

I wouldn’t think that buying someone seeds to start is necessary but I do think the OG community would benefit from more people making seeds.

It really doesnt take much space if you want to grow a couple of your favourite fems and reverse one with STS or colloidal silver. or just collect some pollen from a male.

Keep Smiling

23 Likes

Just half the fems/regs between two peeps who can run em straight away (ish’) and then they could maybe grow and seed them and do a giveaway after seeds sorted etc…??!
Just one idea :bulb:, or try growing them yourself and pollinating just a couple of plants and do a giveaway…
Good luck whatever your decision @MisticHaze,
Happy growing,
Gaz

5 Likes

I’ll try to self an auto on the next run (all I have are autos at the moment and can only grow one plant at a time). I would still need some help figuring out a shipping method that won’t result in the seeds getting crushed (heard that happens a lot).

I’d still like to see if anyone is up for my original plan, but at the moment it seems like no lol. Oh well, I guess it will save me some money that I could use to ship the seeds.

4 Likes

there’ll be a lot of pollen flyin 'round here this year, so don’t fret… :wink:

but i get the engineered, OG planned thing… sounds fun. maybe we can get each OG member to nominate 2 strains. keep it “blind” then after a while tally the most popular, and see what everyone thinks…

i.e. Labrador X Chocolate Thai or whatever

:wink:

eh??

by then somebody will step up to do the run & share it OG-wide… ??

:thumbsup: :v:
:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

How can I help @MisticHaze ?
You name it you got it

1 Like

Instead of selecting 10 different cultivars of “cheap seed” to outcross, I would select one high-quality/high-popularity strain and make an f-2. Then it might be easier to find some volunteers to help with the next generations.

18 Likes

I’m taking your suggestion into consideration. BOG seems like a good high quality breeder, but $100 + shipping is pretty much at or maybe even slightly exceeding my max budget. Anybody have some slightly cheaper breeder/seedbank suggestions? I’ll keep BOG in the maybe pile since they seem to have a good rep around here.

Edit: Budget has increased (see post below), but feel free to make any suggestion.

3 Likes

Fuck it! Our budget is officially $100 + shipping! So now what is the best bang for your buck at that price. I see BOG (as I said before), Brothers Grimm, and a few Bodhi strains still in stock. I know those are high quality. Any other suggestions? If you say Aficionado Seeds or something similarly priced you get a virtual slap in the face from me :smile:

Edit: I had th seeds as a possibility, but I’m seeing mixed reviews. Seems like MK Ultra is one of the few that gets rave reviews.

7 Likes

BOG’s seeds are absolutely fantastic! He’s been working his lines for a very long time. I’ve never heard anyone say anything negative about him, ever. A great person and a true OG legend.

14 Likes

i’m gonna follow my own lead and pick 2 from the breeders you’ve chosen, just for :poop: and :joy:'s…

:evergreen_tree: shootin from the hip, the usual

6 Likes

So I’m going to be leaving on Saturday to Mexico for a family vacation for a week. I’ll order the seeds when I get back. I guess we’ll go with the voting method @cannabissequoia suggested so pick 2 strains from the breeders below (the 2 don’t have to be from the same breeder):

BOG
Brothers Grimm
Bodhi (if I can find them, alot are sold out)
TH Seeds (if this one wins, I’ll probably just get the MK Ultra since it seems to be their most recommended)

Or you can “write in” 2 strains from another breeder/seedbank and try to get enough people to vote for it. Only rule with this is that it has to be priced similarly as the above. $100 + shipping is the budget.

Lastly, feel free to change your vote for any reason (like almost everything from that breeder being out of stock…looking at you bodhi :cry:)

Ready, set, vote!

3 Likes

These are my picks for those breeders, @MisticHaze
-BOG Bubble.
-Killer Queen
-Sunshine Daydream
-Bubblegum

5 Likes

My votes thseeds mk ultra and bohdi sunshine daydream as well.

4 Likes

Check out https://www.originalseedsstore.com/bulk-seeds
They are a seed bank but also sell there own strains and if you stick to there own strains they can be really cheap.
Star Killer sounds lethal.
https://www.originalseedsstore.com/original-sensible-seeds-star-killer~20135

1 Like

My original idea was to use bulk seeds, but I decided to go with higher quality seeds.

3 Likes

How do you mean higher quality?? A seed is a seed lol. You mean seeds that are rare and hard to get your hands on?? Original seed store seeds are stocked by a lot of seed banks in Europe alongside barney’s farm etc.

I’m not here to argue. If people want to vote for more sensibly priced seeds that’s up to them.

3 Likes

I endorse @Baudelaire and @LED_Seedz from OG. Why go anywhere else really!?

10 Likes

It wasn’t an argument. Sorry if I came across that way. Was just pointing out fact mate. Anyway your in the right place for all the help and advice you will ever need. Good luck :+1:

2 Likes