Seed Run Co-Op Herijuana - Done and Dusted [CLOSED]

I do get it. This wasn’t a preservation run to start and OP @MisticHaze bought and sent the seeds to someone to be seeded.

3 Likes

@legalcanada Is it stepping on toes tho? And whose toes, Sannies or Meduser?

So far I’ve counted two arguments to support the idea that these projects hurt the breeders ability to sell their seeds:
First, that the plants won’t be the same as the original; And second, that people won’t buy them if they can get em for free.

I don’t believe either one holds water.

(edit: that was super unclear of me. I should have posted this all in the morning when my mind is fresh.)

7 Likes

I think I can condense the timeline on this one but certainly can’t settle the controversy. MisticHaze is no longer involved with cannabis in any way, as per private email to me.

mistichaze offers to buy a pack of OGmember-selected seeds for express purpose of seed collaborative production for OGers, as a gift to OG.

i grabbed the microphone :mega: and got more attention for what seemed generous & exceptionally nice.

sannies herijuana IBL was elected.

DrJekyll volunteered the garden space & time/labor.

failed initial delivery, poor communication from sannies, 5-6 months pass before receipt of HerijuanaIBL, during which I substituted/supplemented DrJekyll w/some different strains(blueberryX, etc.) from ForTheLoveOfBud.

during 1/2-yr+ period other seedmaking projects are organized & it’s con-fused with the Bodhi Preservation stuff and the donor member has abandoned the weed/growing/OG/etc.

personal “real” life has been challenging for some of the involved members, too.

out of respect for MisticHaze’ departure and the un-ending dispute about the ethics of reproduction seed-making, the other 2 members involved agreed that I end this one(Sebring, MomOTR via PM).

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

(post withdrawn by the author before posting, has been deleted after 24 proofreads so it didn’t get flagged)

3 Likes

I just find it a bit hard to swallow that you took over someones project and thread, changed its course then shut it down standing on your opinion and others that are running a different project, not of those who voted here on this thread on this project.

4 Likes

I am trying to remove myself from this at this point. The donor abandoned the project. The seeds are with the volunteer breeder who works & is less active on OG.

Please reconsider your interpretation of my intents. It seems logical to close the thread if the participants are all absent, imo.

The debate about seed breeders’ “intellectual property”(ridiculous words :sweat_smile:) seems separable & ongoing, but the project per se is dead because MisticHaze has left, therefore I don’t want(and didn’t) to be co-opting or re-directing. :confused:

I was trying to assist until this point.

3 Likes

@Dr_Jekyll are you still ok to do the seed run after what you have going on?

3 Likes

If crossing herijuana with something else would alleviate concerns, I’m willing to donate a strain to create a new strain. Not pushing this, just trying to add to the available options.

6 Likes

Don’t anyone jump me, but IMO once you buy a seed it’s really yours to do with what you please. Until copyright laws exist on mj they are really anyone and everyone’s. If herijuana is an old strain, I don’t see a dilemma aside from someone doing the work. As far as other breeders seeds, I’ll vote to always respect someone’s wishes, but in all honesty we really don’t have to. What are they gonna say next? You can’t clone them or use the male plants that arise for pollen or pollination? None of it makes sense to me. If you are selling possible male seeds, what do they expect people to do with them? Throw them away?

15 Likes

@Meesh I agree. I think it’s ‘not cool’ to go and sell someone else’s hard work, but for reproduction and trading, you bought it and it’s yours to do with it as you please.

If someone goes out and reproduces your strain and sells it for less, ya it sucks… But also maybe you should consider if you really want to work in an industry that doesn’t currently have IP protections for your work. Or maybe you opened that door yourself by price gauging.

I’m not trying to condemn or justify any practices, I’m just pointing out that this is a fact of life in a totally unregulated free market.

Even besides all of that, if you think about it, it’s home growers that are effectively footing the bill for all strain development. You think big grow operations with loads of cash are paying breeders for every clone they take? Think they’re even buying a single pack of seeds from the breeders themselves? Guess again…

9 Likes

I am still down to do anything the community wants. My room is nearly finished, but I am planning a move before my summer set.

Y’all just tell me what you want, and for me please stop fighting. This project was started from love, good will, and good intention. I was told by my teacher that the vibes we put off are received by our beloved gardens… I think we got some mad weed out here… :joy:

Namaste :evergreen_tree: :pray:

15 Likes

Not a fight at all, just a handful of stoners waxing philosophically about the ethics of breeding and distributing seeds that are still available from two awesome breeders – Meduser who originally put in the work, and Sannie who has kept it going from the opposite side of the globe. It’s also important to remember how quickly an entire family of plants can disappear from the market. Road-kill Skunk anyone? :sweat_smile:

We are all adults and as long as we conduct ourselves as such there is no reason any bad blood should result from this discussion.

(Was thinking last night that this discussion would be a better fit in it’s own thread, is there one already that this fits into?)

9 Likes

Cool stuff, lets just go ahead and make some beans when you are ready and have some fun.

Being ibl i dont think much picking and choosing needs to be done.

Thats why I arked up about the thread getting closed, so we could continue with the intentions of @MisticHaze and spread the love.

Happy days.

15 Likes

Hi guys,
Could someone provide a description for this strain and it’s medicinal uses kind of like Leafly does? I know I can go google it but it takes me off site…and all the knowledge and all the peeps are here…or soon will be. lol

4 Likes

My experience with that one is somewhat minimal but I’d say this: When I had the good sample of Herijuana it put most kushes & couchlock strains & weaker hazes to shame. Something like if Durban Poison was a sedative strain rather than energizing/uplifting–instant gratification. That’s my primary interest in it. :smile:

7 Likes

sigh sadly this one is closed down it seems. Thanks for the description. Certainly seems interesting.

5 Likes

To bring this back to life…

I need a volunteer to make this happen for us. My living situation is chaotic at best right now. I have closed down my garden as my neighbor seems to have taken an interest in my doings. He’s the Chief of Police in my city, and I don’t want to make any bigger waves than I have already. I am attempting to buy a house, but as some of you know the wheels of change turn slow, and I don’t want to hold up this project any longer. I expected these to be my summer set, but it’s looking like I may not have a summer garden at all this year. I will send them to the person who the group see fit to make these happen.

Sorry for letting you all down, my new neighbor is a fucking drag for sure.

15 Likes

Of course I will put my hand up!

13 Likes