Seed Run Co-Op: Maui Mango Haze (CLOSED)

Hey everybody. I don’t normally do logs, mainly because I hate to faceplant in front of a crowd. But I think we’re far enough into to it that, barring either an act of God, or an act of uncommon stupidity, we should make it home safe.

This is what I call Maui Mango Haze (Maui Wowie x Mango Haze). The seeds were donated by @Upstate, by way of @AllOra. They were bred by Darthcultivar.

Given the genetics, I expected them to explode upwards, but they didn’t, and after a couple of weeks I started to think there was a problem. I asked @AllOra about the strain, and he was able to put me in touch with Mike @xibalba_farm on IG. I sent him a PM, and this is what he had to say:

“My friend Darthcultivar made that cross. We both used the same Maui Wowie line but I made Maui Wowie x Purple Haze Malawi which is a much bigger plant and kinda unruly indoor. I think his doesn’t flower as long so should be a pretty easy grow!” He said they selected a Afghan dom pheno of the Maui Wowie mother, and that he felt the mango haze was, “selected improperly, they found a smaller tighter pheno than I would have used.”

That said, they are very strong plants with thick beefy stems. They have really tight internodes and their branching is nice and even. Their growth pattern is very consistent. They look like they’re from clones, and they make a nice canopy with no training at all.

:loud_sound::warning:How this works is :loud_sound::warning:

You sign yourself up by clicking the triple dot symbol.
then clicking the pencil symbol
An editndow should appear at the bottom of your screen that you can use to edit this post. Add your username where it goes in alphabetical order under the category it goes under, either ADDRESS ON FILE or ADD/SEND LIST.

Donor sends seeds to breeder OR breeder has the seeds already for the project
Breeder grows the plants and documents it in the assigned thread
Those interested puts their name on the list for the breeder and distributor to go off of (How many packs needed)
Receiver ensures their safe address is on file through pm
Breeder harvests the seeds, dries them out and sends them to each distributor
Distributor reaches out to everyone in their area to arrange postage and delivery
Distributor sends out the seeds and gives receiver an estimated delivery date if they can
Distributor moves the members name from wait list to shipped list
Receivers inform seeds received

Signup

Current Request List:
:envelope_with_arrow: Address on file :envelope_with_arrow:
Africa: @MikeM
Aus: @Johnnybsmokin
Canada: @Shadey
Latin America: @MadScientist
UK/EU: @Gaz29
US: @Sebring

Regular Member (Trust Level 3) Sign Up’s

1 misterbee
2. YoungDad420
3 smokenhike
4 Mongobongo
5 herb4ever
6 BarefootAndBlazed
7 HolyAngel
8 rob0781
9. Shadey
10 Howard.Crane
11 Greenbhoy
12 Gpaw
13 khaoohs
14 Joker
15 Funciona1971
16 Swe-can
17 TheShowMeHomie
18 George1961
19 hewhocoruptz
20 Old-Ron
21 shiskaberrysavior
22 Foreigner
23 DanzaKuduro
24 ChronicMcBudz
25 MBVapester
26 monkeyman :monkey_face:
27 pawsfodocaws
28 ifish
29 Upstate
30 PAPALAG
31 Grease_monkey
32 Kingmambo
33 LoveDaAutos
34 lefthandseeds
35 Indoornesian
36 Olbrannon
37 Hugh_Glass
38 Tinytuttle
39 Solowolf
40 2K19Starter
41 twistedinfinity
42 riahgorf_1
43 SamwellBB
44 joboo
45 allotment
46 Meesh
47 Undead-Toker
48 J-Icky
49 Gman
50 smkncanuck
51 TheHighCheef
52 Meesh
53 Tejas
54 corey
55 canofbusjoe
56 Seamonkey84
57 cdnbuddy
58 rootfarmer
59 Sasquatch
69 schmarmpit
75 AllOra

Member (Trust Level 2) Sign ups

1 Chiefer88
2 zavorotnuck
3 yobigdaddy
4 goatrock
5 mike28086
6 Needsomebeans
7 invisible
8 JBow918
9. Mr Toast
10 Katanaking00
11 wyiwndr
12 jdemo75
13 cinDakush
14 randrobertson522
15 zion
17 BubbaRay
18 Buckeyebeanz
19 6u3m
20 RedOctober
21 WVMountainGhost
22 Non_Profit
23 Vertebrata
24 ChemicalDependant
25 SweetLeaf
26 Eudaemon
27 7anja7od
28 iggypuffs
29 Repins12
30 joecool
31 Redjimp
33 MidwestMover
34 bigbluedog360
35 Yawningtears
36 KarmaFPS
37 wadar
38 MotaMan
39 repins12
40 Bubba_Jones
41 Blue
42 stanknugzz77
43 danonly
44 jhentz
45 Orloff
46 Felzarn

ADD/SEND LIST
:seedling::seedling::seedling:Please Pm Address to Sebring or your distributor :seedling::seedling::seedling:
Africa: @MikeM
Aus: @Johnnybsmokin
Canada: @Shadey
Latin America: @MadScientist
UK/EU: @Gaz29
US: @Sebring

strong text
There were 10 seeds in the pack, 7 looked nice, but the other 3 were pale not so nice looking. I put them in an H2O2 soak on the night of 6/6/20.

It’s hard to tell from the crappy picture, but the next morning the 7 nice ones had popped, so they went into cups.

The other 3 never sank; I planted them anyway but got nothing.

Of the 7, 3 of them started great, there was one that lagged those a bit but still started strong. One never broke ground, and the other two couldn’t shed their shells. I managed to crack the shells and get them off, but I was sure I’d killed one of them.

This first one is from 06/13:

Plants are #1-9 starting at top left. You can see that 1,3, and 5 were the quick starters, #6 is alive, and 7-9 zeros.

So then there were six.

This pic is from 6/20 and you can see the #5-6 plants survived their surgery procedures, but it was hard on the runt.

Once they hit their stride, I repotted them into 2gal fabric pots and moved them into the 4x4. I have 2 Solsheet X lights and 2 SolarCure UV-B lights that I got while engaged in a brutal fight with PM.

Here are some shots from 6/28:

And some from 7/6:

MMH4t MMH5t

I skipped about 3 weeks on pictures, so here’s where they were on 7/28:

There are some individual leaves with slight double serrations, and I’ve seen a couple of tri-foliate branches, (which I failed to get pictures of so far).

On 7/21 I took clones. This is from this morning:

I also flipped the lights on 7/21, and they’re already budding. There’s only one male, and he’s in the mood for love.

This was from 8/3:

I thumped him this morning and a nice little dust cloud puffed up. :slight_smile: There are 3 other plants in with the MMH to act as chucking fodder. A White Widow, a Strawberry Diesel x C99, and a GSC.

Here are pictures from this morning. I didn’t shoot the individual plants but I will next time. Also you can see Guitarzan’s Pollen Dispersion system. :slight_smile:

I’ll try to update this once a week until harvest.

It looks like what the breeder was after was a smaller, faster-flowering strain, and if that’s the case, then I think he nailed it.

I can’t decide whether to do this as a full bore seed run or not.

What do you think about that Idea?

Thanks for looking everyone. :vulcan_salute:
:guitar:

99 Likes

Top Shelf, my Man!!! Nothing but good vibes on this Seed Run…all the best to ya. Stay safe/be well. Getting in line!!!

11 Likes

Glad Mike got back to you. Looking great!

11 Likes

I vote ‘full bore seed run’ haha. Let er rip!

Plants look great, that’s a very interesting cross. I’ve never tried anything with the legendary Maui wowie it’s always intrigued me.

18 Likes

This looks like a great show I’ll tag along

13 Likes

That’s a heck of an “intro to the project” post :smile:

Looks and sounds pretty great, this should be a fun one to watch :popcorn:

13 Likes

Looking great! You can always decide whether or not to do a seed run after the seeds are collected. Give yourself some time :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Looking good growmie!!!

6 Likes

Looks great, i vote full blown seed run. I am tagging along either way looks and sounds very interesting

6 Likes

Hey man. Hope things are going good with you and yours. Yeah, real-time grow logs freak me out. Although, now that I think about it, outside a couple of abortive attempts at a real-time log over at Bean Basement, this is the first grow log I’ve ever done.

I guess post-grow logs must freak me out a little too. At least the intro post is comment-worthy. :slight_smile:
:guitar:

17 Likes

Wow, I almost kept scrolling when I saw Maui/haze as I prefer smaller more manageable plants. I think this is very interesting and would definitely pop a few of these

9 Likes

your pollen distributing system looks familiar :smile:
plants look also great, actually everything you need for a good run seems to be accomplished!

6 Likes

Nice!! Great job so far!

If you do make it a seedrun I can’t not join it :rofl:
If you don’t then no worries and best of luck on your seed making!

9 Likes

Doesnt matter what you are going to do with this post/thread/seed run - I enjoyed it and I think that I will continue to do so no matter how you continue.

Everything looking good man.

7 Likes

great thread and strain looks like a uniform crew should be some nice seeds off those girls glad to hear you got a male .

8 Likes

Howdy @Guitarzan ! If you’re up for it, a full-fledged seed run would be excellent. The male in that picture certainly looks like he’s up for it. Let the pollen fly!

7 Likes

I say seed run!! Grown okie grow!

12 Likes

They look great. I am definitely following along. Loved the Maui Wowie back in the day and still do now. Nice intro to the log too.

8 Likes

They’re looking great! Thinking if you do a full bore seed run I may sign up for this in preparation for my #3 grow.

5 Likes

looks awesome - thanks for the informative posts, I look forward to seeing your progress

4 Likes