Seed Run Co-Op Purple Badlands closed

@MichiGreen I’m def team AG Labs! You may have seen me taking about them on my grow log! Just keep in mind that it takes some time when you get a test. ie… ship soil there… wait for test results…speak to amendment guy…amendments ship to you (if you use theirs). I did with awesome first year results. I amended my entire backyard with their recommendations. The amendment guy is named Lynn and he was so knowledgeable. He teaches organic gardening as well. This guy, went over every single test result what it meant, exactly what amendment was for, where the organic material comes from and why the soil needs it. Basically, I was super impressed by the entire process. They will get my repeat business every year. I can’t say enough good things about my experience and now my really awesome soil!

8 Likes

Almost 2 weeks have gone by? Fuck! I need to get more on top of this journal - sorry guys. On the plus side, all is well in paradise…

35 Likes

OOH! Pretty! :heart_eyes::gem:

7 Likes

Please excuse my ignorance, but how does this work? I read the link for signing up and I want to sign up for this co-op but honestly im a little confused and dont wanna piss anyone off… I am a level 2 Member, so I can sign up in the lower slots, but what I am wondering is how the whole shipping thing works, and can I still sign up or is it too late? Thanks for the help everyone!

• BD
2 Likes

If you go back up to the first post there is a green “here” halfway thru that will link you to the info page. I havnt fully looked thru the new changes but in there it will list who your distributor is by the country you’re in. Unless somthing has changed, you get ahold of your distributor to give them an adress and setup payment etc. Annnnd then you’re good to go

5 Likes

New?? Read this first…

5 Likes

Is it too late to get on this list?

Nope. There should be plenty of seeds to go around once they reach to maturity in ~2-3 wks :wink:

12 Likes

MOTR, THANKS for the courteous response. Enjoy a safe week.

6 Likes

I sincerely hope this next week is better than the last… -23F temps, tire wrapped around the rim, allergies from repackaging male pollen, stomach flu ugggh I was afraid of looking at the plants knowing their water reservoirs were empty and the room freezing so much 1 gallon of water in the dog bowl was frozen solid within 6 hrs. Took a few days and a couple prayers to get enough nerve to peek. Lets just say, my imagination was running wild and ya know what? It was all for nothing as the plants are doing exactly what they should be doing and not a mangled shit show with icicles hanging off of them…

31 Likes

Looking good motr. Sorry about your issues but looking good for all your worrying. I can’t wait till the finish.

3 Likes

SUPER glad to see you’re feeling better. Take care of your health, especially this Flu Season. Be well!!!

3 Likes

@MomOnTheRun Those are some resilient ladies. Looking great!

3 Likes

Well, at least you got all the bad shit over and done with in one foul swoop. That means it should be smooth sailing for the rest of your winter hopefully.
Those girls look about 6 months pregnant, rocking it as usual motr!

9 Likes

@MomOnTheRun so im guessing you are pretty isolated, and only do seed starts? I ask because i wonder how you deal with bug pressure. I’m near other people and have been hit with spider mites, aphids , etc this past six months. one of your leaves on the bottom photo look kind of buggy but maybe its pollen left over. I don’t know, just asking questions. Honestly , i’m pretty down about my personal grow right now, so many bugs.

2 Likes

Looks like pollen to me …not sure what kind of bugs survive an Alaskan winter even indoors lol

7 Likes

@MomOnTheRun Any updates on this co-op?

4 Likes

I’m sure there getting nice and fat at this point

3 Likes

Kinda though by choice. Almost every one that does clones up here will pass on bugs of some sort especially in our warmer months so though I can get clones, I do not want the hassle of contaminating my grow room as others aren’t as up on their ipm’s :wink:

Naw, thats pollen that got wet and dried on the leaves.,stored pollen really looks like a severe outbreak as the flour or corn starch clumps together then as it dries out you start seeing little holes here/there. Sometimes I leaf wash after eliminating the males though most times I just let them do their thing and wash the whole cabinet after the grow is complete :wink:

In the summer months I get plagued by ants, aphids, stinkbugs, thrips and wasps though plenty of orb weavers and crane flies to help keep the natural populations down a bit for the 3-4 months of warmth I get. Now whether I grow in the winter months or summer months, I do weekly ipms alternating between neem oil, Monterey Garden insect killer and pyrethrin. As well as, making sure I have beneficial bugs in my soil like nematodes, hypoaspis mites or the like just before a hard frost…this usually carries me through a winter all on its own though sometimes even these treatments aren’t enough as populations dwindle. When they do (or one type takes over) an outbreak happens - in this case, i’ll use spinosad and start over as soon as I can get the beneficial bugs again (~May through August)

You’d be surprised as we get a lot of hitch hikers in our store shipments. Most will die as soon as it gets cold though some can hibernate for a couple years before reappearing like grasshoppers. So even here, weekly ipm’s are a necessity especially if growing indoors :wink:

Yup! Life has gotten in the way (again)…they should have been harvested like 3 wks ago though still looking pretty good in spite of the neglect and over ripeness…

And a sneak peak at the seeds from a small lower bud taken a couple days ago…

Yeah, drying on the vine though gotta harvest them before the seeds start dropping

24 Likes

This is all looking so awesome.

I hope I entered right :slight_smile:

1 Like