Seed Run Co-Op Rare F2 Cackleberry - Giveaway has ended

i only took the one shot as i didnt plan on letting it stay to long this would only eliminate a male but i still have 2 solid females and 2 males. and @MomOnTheRun i will take some blame because i have tortured them throughout the grow so far. so for elevated stress i would put my bet on that if it had to be something. i select for the best cultivars since its a small population. survival of the fittest. so its settled Cb# 2 officially gets the :scissors:

7 Likes

Ok I feel better now :cold_sweat: Yeah, I pretty much did the same thing on the only DBHP girl, doing it on the 4 Lucky 7’s and should probably do it on the 3 Lucky Charms…no accidental hermies yet though its still early for the Lucky’s :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Kill that Hermie!

:cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

it actually lived through the night i took a nap woke up it was lights off so it got away with one more night lol

5 Likes

update CB3 Male lst’ed and fed only 200 to 300 ppms to keep slow growing so it wont take over cabinet

6 Likes

update CB6 Squat is finally showing some get up. she is female. no herm qualities. im gonna keep her for a later project to see about her runtness.

8 Likes

CB 7 male is bushing out full male vigor. nice stem rub. not as strong as 3 but same vigor. responding nice to lst.

7 Likes

update for CB1 and CB4 after a sex test these girls were put in to my clone and small veg cabinet. they were lightly lst’ed they now sre showing great signs of new leaf growth and have stretched a little almost giving me the clone i need to do the seed run. soo as i get three successful clones off each girl and male the seed run will begin.

ps…update

also watered every one with 300 ppms of roots organic grow. LABS and oreganism xl. lightly sprinkle some elemental as well( lime, gypsum, and calcium). sorry for the dirty mess i figured i better take the pics before i forget or had gotten finished and didnt feel like it so it was while the action was happening…lol

12 Likes

CB#4 update.
The small buds i let her produce before swapping back to 18/6 has a sweet chemical smell. she is ready for me to take the 3 clones i need. soon as time permit it will be done

12 Likes

Well you’ve got my attention. The plants are looking vigorous!

6 Likes

Perfect time to take clones :wink:

Starting to get excited now their sex is sorted :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

here are the updates of the males.I know i got these back on track with the 18/6 lighting. i am getting excited @Sebring and @MomOnTheRun because i know which is female and male. also m.o.t.r we have the #4 female that smells sweet and #1 that smell just like chemdawg and underarms. with the males it is the same thing the #3 male has most vigor and has the chem smell #7 has the sweet smell like the #4 female and squat is starting to fill out just slowly. since i have found matches on smells when its time to pollenate should i just do matching smell to smell or open pollenation?

10 Likes

My unexperienced opinion would be to mix the pollen and do open, but like I said… unexperienced… That would give all expressions and be left to the owner of the seeds to work it till they find the right one???

Otherwise, you’ll be making two strains with somewhat different expressions. Just thinking out loud here and going by what I’ve been reading and hearing from other breeders… It’s cool to see all of this work out in the open with us all involved because I’m getting answers to questions I’ve had and will have in the future regarding breeding.

I’ll sit back and wait and read! lol.

Looking great MG, thank you!! peace

7 Likes

Runtness! Hahahahaha! I love it and I’m gonna use it. Runtness!! Much love bro.

5 Likes

Up to you really…
Open pollination is faster with more of an assortment going out in the seeds…more suited for pheno hunting through F2’s - best for our preservation goals

Separation is nice to see who gives what in the resulting seeds…more suited for F3’s+ to zero in on a certain phenotype like the blood trait in DBHP

Personally, I would do both…open pollination 1st to get the seeds out there then selective breeding for your own keepers out of the bunch

16 Likes

It’s a lot of work, huh? Breeders don’t get enough credit.

peace

6 Likes

I’d say open too, just for a bigger variety. I’ve heard its the seasoning of life!

8 Likes

They are looking great I can’t wait! Thanks for everyone who put in work on this project, nicely done!

Question: How do you deal with the leftover pollen that must be present in the room after an open pollination run such as this?

9 Likes

Spray everything down until can really clean out the area… liquid kills pollen though still needs to be wiped up after the grow to prevent spores from taking hold giving homes to bugs we don’t want in our grows

8 Likes

Good on ya ma! Right on point! yes ma’am!
Excellent advice. Jah!

4 Likes