Seed Run Co-Op Rare F2 Cackleberry - Giveaway has ended

i told you theres always order to chaos. in that crunched up madness was my little baby thats healthy. i got 100 percent success. i used 12 peat pellet kit with then move them to the 3 inch peat pots. i upotted CB4 and CB1. i left squat in her pot i dont want to waste space on a runt . im chasing light with the clone they get moved from twnt to lamp cause i dont have nothing running on 18 and 6 with space. also @MomOnTheRun notice the a and b i also removed the nylon netting on the peat pellets

9 Likes

Looks great with “perfect” little ones :heart_eyes:

Yup! Numbers, letters, color etc anyway to identify which clones go to which donors…I find most do remove the netting once its job of holding the pellet together is done - just easier for the roots without being restricted as some cannot grow through the mesh making the plant act root bound in spite of having a lot of soil to grow into

5 Likes

@ModicumGenes do you leave the plants on the peat pots for transplant or take them out?

1 Like

take them out they stop roots as well . i only used them because they came in in a kit and cheap. for 5 bucks got 15 peat pot 15 peat pellets and humidity dome. it saved me the time cleaning my ez cloner plus i wasnt taking that many cut only survival ones

5 Likes

Gotcha, I was thinking about using them in some auto grows so I wouldn’t have to transplant. Just put the whole thing into the new media after cutting a whole in the bottom and slits on the sides. I’m woundering if they would work for that in living soil. @ReikoX @Sebring what do y’all think?

5 Likes

I’ve never tried transplanting that way. Autos are tricky, if they get stunted during veg, they will stay small and not yield as well. It is, generally, better to plant them directly in their final containers.

7 Likes

I agree with the root confinement in the jiffy products. I’ve been using the small pucks to germinate in a little since the last homeowner here left them. I went to slicing the netting on the bottom and sides to let the roots free.

After taking old plants from their pot after harvest, it amazed me to see how small the rootball had stayed. The cups are the same way or worse.

peace

4 Likes

Root root cubes ftw…

3 Likes

i dont know @Badfishy1 i havent had the best fun with root cubes 100 percent. i can count on them 90 percent for success. the 10 percent down side i find is they hold the roots back some when starting
from seed. now with clones i love turning the cube up side down and make my own hole and its perfect. only down side to the clones in root cubes is you have to always remember to keep it moist even after you have a healthy plant and no longer need it. i have also saw at times where i watered from the bottom and let days go by to still see moist soil with the plant saying its dry from a bone dry root cube that maybe the top out of the soil a bit.

4 Likes

Interesting… personally I turn rr upside down, poke new hole, fill a container with soil, place cube then surround with more soil for seeds. I cut soil with perlite and have had 95ish percent rate. The only ones that haven’t popped I suspect were an issue w the seeds. Good luck sir

4 Likes

Many over at AFN and some at GC are slitting a solo cup on the sides then put it in a solid (uncut) solo cup so at transplant time they remove the inner cup and plant that so the roots can grow outward from there without much, if any, root disturbance…still have to be careful to not leave it in the solo cup too long or risk stunting it. I see it as a temporary space saver though too chicken to try myself

4 Likes

@ReikoX so you just start your seeds in their final pot or grow bed, gotcha…

With all of this I think I will skip the jiffy pots all together.

5 Likes

I usually start them in rapid rooter plugs or similar, then move to the final containers when roots poke out the bottom.

6 Likes

we have to say good buy to number 6 even tho i had no plans on adding it in because it was runt its also hermed i takes no chances so its rooted clone has to go as well as the new clone if you look in the full root picture you’ll see the pollen sac

13 Likes

i know this video is short but its only for a date purpose ill do more pics and vids when i do maintenance. but this is the day i was cleaning up some clones. dead leaves and ugly ones. so in the tent it at the time was the girls on right, males on the left and a small cackleberry clone in the middle tray. i am trying the training technique of manifolding. and im training it to keep only four even colas. but we are definitely full speed ahead on the seed run. im running 13 hours of light and they are transitioning atthe moment in 1 week they will be on 12/12 all out i wont be looking for smoke this run so its all for seeds

15 Likes

Any strain by greenpoint will be :fire:so I’ve added my name to the list :+1:

8 Likes

I fully agree. Also added.

6 Likes

I’d love to join this one as well, thanks to @ModicumGenes for dedicating your grow to this project and @MomOnTheRun for donating the seeds.

5 Likes

Your on the list…When in doubt go to the 1st post to check and if your not on it already edit it :wink: This just makes it easier for everyone as this preservation project is quickly growing

6 Likes

Well you tried with the runty herm. I notice you even named it ‘squat pheno’ to not hurt it’s feelings lol. What more can ya do?

5 Likes