Seed Run Co-Op Rare F2 Cackleberry - Giveaway has ended

There are looking good mate, I guess increasing the beneficial bacteria population you will fix the problem, sure you will

I’ve got an eye over here, all the best

3 Likes

Update coming soon tomorrow. I got some pics. N so far i got 3 confirmed males.
Stay tuned

7 Likes

Question… Should i breed for bush or main cola. For those of you that are here whats your preference as of now they are untrained i have been undecided due to not knowing their sex. Well now so far its looking 3 male 3 females 1 squat runt that wont show.

5 Likes

I would guess the bushy route but it may be the same regardless. 6 in one and a half dozen in the other…

I would grow the way you normally would grow for flower so you are dialed in, maybe? Like what makes you most comfortable. Just my 2 stoned cents. In the end, the amount of seeds may be no different for either method. peace

3 Likes

Well since you put it that way @GMan i really meant should i super crop, or LST. I asked this because when breeding you have to pay attention to the environment more but for finaly seeds i see some growing in small cabinets and i see some in tents. For the ones in test do they scrog and for the autos and cabinet do they like LST. In the F2 generation it wouldn’t effect it To much But it would pass on some variables to the next generation. I want everyone involved in the preservation not just my style of breeding.

6 Likes

I would normally be after main cola plants just for the way I grow but that pretty much goes against what most people that dont do SoG style grows want.

Edit; I think bushy is what you should be looking at for the masses.

6 Likes

I am with GMan…6 of one, 1/2 dozen of other :wink:

For myself, I like to see how they grow naturally as well as, handle training so I end up doing a bit of both reserving supercropping as a last resort to keep out of the lights though some routinely do it as it does give bigger buds though I don’t know how it affects seed development as most training is done way before flower and when in flower, the plants know what to do to keep going provided everything they want is given.

As far as the tall or bushy thing, that’s all down to genetics selected for no matter the training done… there is the epigenetic thing (environment gene expression) though even that is too new of a science to rely on. Healthy plant = healthy seeds right?

Speaking of, I decided this afternoon to scrap the DBHP girl in my micro cabinet. Too much torture given to be ok with pollinating her…she’ll probably abort anyway though that’s ok as I am working on a diy self watering system (my downfall in that cabinet) and have a few newly rooted clones to try again

Imho, its up to you though I totally get wanting input from the community as it is a community project. In the same token, doing F2’s isn’t as important as say, F7’s and most of us are simple pollen chuckers :wink:

8 Likes

Alright i fimmed 2 of the females and left one to see the single cola expression

6 Likes

Hey, that’s the sprit… one way to find out, grow them all ways! heh. Yeah,I believe MOTR has summed up sort of my thinking; healthy plants=healthy seeds. Damn pot seeds will happen no matter what! At least it seems that way when you don’t want them, lol. Best vibes bro! peace

5 Likes

Didnt feel like moving to much around just for pics, but here’s the confirmed male photos.

Pics loaded out of whack will correct later.

Breeder note. 3 was tallest and had fastest growth. Proves so far the biggest ones are male. But now it has the fastest growth as its showing one full pollen staminate

7 Likes

They look good and healthy. Nice ample looking stems. I probably missed it but are you collecting the pollen or matching all up? Probably collecting as getting the timing right with matching them is tough sometimes. Thanks for the updates! peace

3 Likes

Well i was keeping things nice and slow until i finished up some a couple mother plants that was taking up space. I only had them on 12/12 for about a week and a half. ill switch them back long enough to take 3 to 4 clones appiece. Hoping 3 survive they will be labeled something like CB#4a b or c etc…then ill finish out the mothers to see taste and expression while the clone are getting cozy. And when i pick what i thought keepers ill do a full seed run on open pollenation to get about 1000 seeds out. Yup i think ill do just that @GMan

6 Likes

Sounds good to me… I’m just rambling around smoking a lot today… too cold to go out. Although, I did this afternoon, and chopped some wood, with the maul, and I came in just before the heart attack.

I’m not anyone to be taking info from as gospel lol. I’ve only recently played with the males. Let’s put it this way… I have lots of new crosses, crosses never intended to be… heh heh…

I did do good with the female I wanted to pollinate, although every other plant in my yard caught some, too. I knew I was risking it but sometimes learning by doing locks in some stuff. I got a feel for how far the pollen went by the amount of seeds on the others.

And, privately, I’m happy to have some beans from lots of different females just for the grab bag feel of it. Mistakes, historically, have accounted for more than a few famous strains. Kind of like having some lotto tickets you haven’t scratched off yet…

I got lucky on my mom/dad timing for the f2s I was trying to make. I put the male inside the back porch, enclosed, and slowed all the feeding and watering down and it kept flowering but much slower. Once I saw the female was close I bumped up the water and some nutes and it went crazy. I brought the mom inside the porch and placed it beneath the the stud. He was sitting on top of a small table and her on the ground. I shook the hell out of him and spun her around. It’s no wonder the others outside got hit. I probably had pollen in my hair for a week… nah, not that bad. But not a super controlled process.

It did what I wanted and gave me 2200 seeds from the one mother. And a handful of souvenirs for my fun and others. They were both pretty tall, though, cause I grew them outside in pots.

Ok, my homegrown potency test is now complete… yep, that last bowl, a blend of 3, was indeed, potent… at least I didn’t go rambling on…

peace… :eye:

7 Likes

Did a little maintenance. Bent 2 of the 4 girls all the way over and put a bread tie. I waited to they were thirsty so they would bend all the way over. I put squat back in the veg tent to reveg her…i left one for the main cola but lowered the light to spoil her a little

14 Likes

its so hard to get in to the tent to get pics. but so far i got the girls sorta away from the light to prolong the flowering. i got 3 plant that needs to finish before i get the space for the girls. on another note CB#4 is starting to smell a little pungent. more like musk and citrus. they have reacted to the bending i gave them and now getting bushy. i still need to hold them back just a little but longer but i have tp figure it out fast

12 Likes

pics tomorrow i promise

8 Likes

Kinda like free beer tomorrow signs at the local watering hole? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

still was busy yall but i got pics still coming

8 Likes

$o today i did a major maintenance/feed day. this will be alot to log. shouldn’t have waited so long…lol

So Far i got a couple girls in week 5 and 6 that i like to keep around for personal smoke. They are kinda getting bigger than expected in a smaller pot then usual. they are stealing some of my light is why i mentioned. I wont say what they are because they are some great family secret IBL’s that i may breed when i get the space. They been around since 89 hint hint and cant wait to they are finished. i will keep you posted in another post… but lets keep going. so work has me occupied so much i been forced to use ample LITFA. @ReikoX so the girls are a bit messy @MomOnTheRun but heres what ive done and the reasons why…

we have 3 females CB 1,4,5
we have 3 males CB 2,3,7
and 1 runt who i named Squat. im going to watch it to see what i find later. i have her with the males on 18 /6 to save some space.

The females were between 13 to 16 inches i bent them down to 8 inches. i waited until they were thirsty and bent their top down alont the stem and lightly put a twist tie just to see the reaction of them from L.S.T.

so today they recieved a light snip of a few leaves blocking others not many just a couple.

Breeder note
CB#1 was the reason i lst all of them. she had a :dog: accident and knocked her over. she was hanging by 10 percent. i didnt use tape or clone gel or nothing and she was unfazed by it. the wound was completely healed in 4 days. i think that is pictured. it kicked her in to flowering from that to.
CB#4 Is responded with a little limb stretch but nice growth. Also she continues to hold the sweek only smell.
CB#5 i would say has the most stardawg smell out them all. # 1 smells like it but with a hint of rubber.

the ladies was fed 600 ppms of Roots organics buddha grow, also added stinging nettle tea and LABS.

im in the 2nd week of switching them back to 18/6 to get the clones i need, then ill ride out the mothers for taste and finish. ill use the clones to do the f2 run. that way i dont have to worry about pollen anywhere else.

family ibl snippet

frosting up in week 5

22 Likes

That’s some serious LST there, looks like they took to it no problem. Mystery IBL is really nice!

5 Likes