Seed Run Co-Op Rare F2 Cackleberry - Giveaway has ended

No doubt well lifted and feeling spry.
I grow the Greenpoint stuff when I feel like cheating.
Only complaint is the long flower times and trichomes that don’t ever want to turn red and take forever to get milky.

Good hunting brother

6 Likes

YES!!! :cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

I’ve got a pack of Jamoka in the fridge. Have you ran it?

2 Likes

IKR!!! The other day I saw Raindance not only in the discontinued section though also in the reverse auctions…almost bought it when I saw it was down to $22.50. Checked it just a bit ago back down to $47.50…if I catch it in the 20’s again, I won’t be able to resist so I HAVE to stop looking though really want that Orange Blossom Special…chemy orange, yes please!

Rofl! When I ran Cackleberry, I set a clone from the same girl under each: 400w hid, 180w quantum board and 315w cmh… the cmh girl not only finished faster but branched more and got real beefy whereas the hid girl did the poorest with both the hid and qb girls taking 12 wks to finish vs the 8 wks the cmh girl did. So while I have the qb cabinet open at the moment, I am waiting for one of the cmh cabinets to open up to run hibernate for a nice and easy late winter/early spring grow :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Now that is interesting because running cobs in 3500k and 3000k i was still managing 9 to 10 weeks on the copper and Dynamite strains, a bit of a racy buzz untill they were properly cured.
Garlix was an early finisher at 8 1/2 on one run.
My sister did the cackleberry’s under 600w hps and got a respectable 4+ ounces each but I’ll have to ask her the flower times.
I’m really curious about trying the cmh because it seems to give a “raw natural light”.
I haven’t had time to run cackleberry yet but I look forward to it.

4 Likes

Lol yes and a very volatile intro to chem.
I’ve got another pack in the archive but I just don’t have the filtration for that kind of nastiness.

4 Likes

It took me a bit to move away from the hids…went with the qb’s because the price as right and I really liked what I saw in others grows and waited on the cmh - just got really put off on them as people here raved on, the price kept rising. Last year my curiosity got the best of me though and I found the conversion kit more in my price range so what do I do? run a comparison lol I discovered the plants really do grow different under the different lights…

Here’s Cackleberry when the CMH girl was done

and the 2 girls ~ 2 wks later

By this point I decided to upgrade the hid cabinet to cmh rather than leds so stopped taking pictures. I got 5.2oz off the cmh girl, 2.42oz off the hid girl and 2.8oz off the qb girl…all from the same mom taken at the same time, 4wk veg, same training and same room just separated by cabinets. It really surprised me how big of a difference it was

14 Likes

LOL.

Man. … I think many of us have had a similar journey, some slower, some faster, but strap yourself in & hold on! :checkered_flag: :rocket:

Keep reading everything you can on the subject even if it is frustrating to discover incorrect info.(of which there’s plenty!); OGer @nube observed & advised me that anything written more than 5 years ago is likely to be outdated, and I believe it’s the case. However, “outdated” could mean just a little revised, fwiw.

:v:

11 Likes

No sooner then you said this. Bam lights on update hahahhaha 1inch over night average. CB3 2 inches CB5 1 1/2 inches

12 Likes

Wow! Thanks or that @MomOnTheRun. While researching for my new 5X5 tent I am taking a hard look at CMH lights. This post did it! I’m convinced that CMH is how I want to light this tent. What wattage would you recommend for a 5X5 flower tent?
Thanks !
:cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

I made the mistake of looking and ended up with 2 more $22 packs. DOH. Picked up discontinued blizzard bush and night rider. I already have dynamite diesel, and one of these days I want to line breed the SD pheno. Not that I actually have any time to do it. :sweat_smile::cry:

Why’s this plant take so damn long to finish?

6 Likes

Hey @oleskool830 bro,
How’s things round shitkicker country, hopefully alls well. Anyway i reckon two 315w cmh/lec s or a 630 and a 315w cmh/lec will be enough (imo) - i have a 315w cmh/lec light and I’ll be using this and a couple of cobs (55w) in my 3 by 3 tent this winter, it’s an excellent light and with the uv it helps grow beautiful weed - even though iv got 11 X2 solstrips , i will keep the lec around for the foreseeable future …
I hope this helps bro …
Gaz

6 Likes

I think you’ve got me sold, I’m going to have to try it now.
How’s the heat management going with yours? think I heard they aren’t as hot as hid?
Not to get off track lol. Those cmh girls are clearly happier than the others.

5 Likes

I’ve been looking at them hard but the price has me “crab walking” for now. :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I love my qb’s just they are better suited for my smaller 1x2 and 2x3 cabinets… the 315 is perfect for a 3x3 so for a 5x5, I would go with 3 315’s or 2 630’s

I’d say ~10F cooler than a hid though ~5F warmer than leds… I run both of mine with cool tubes hooked to its own thermostat so I stay within 75-80F and can get them real close if I wanted. In fact, right now 1 of the clones cola’s is ~10" away so i’ll need to raise it again for a more appropriate 18" before she gets light bleached

The conversion kits are the way to go even if you have to buy a hood:

6" ipower hood = 45.99 - probably cheaper on Craigslist
Hydrocrunch 315 conversion kit (ballast and socket adapter) = 97.85
Protopia 315cmh bulb - 49.98

I already had the hoods with 2 more in storage so 1 month I picked up the conversion kit and the next, the bulbs so it was easier on my wallet. You could also get a complete no name 315 cmh kit for $178.00 (x3 = 534.00) or a 615 cmh without the bulbs for $224.65 (x2 =449.30 + 100 for 2 bulbs = 549.30) on Amazon…i’d have to run the numbers though I believe that’s ~half the cost to use decent leds for the same space

Strrrreeeetttttccchhhhh!!! How far away is your light?

6 Likes

@MomOnTheRun @oleskool830

this thread diversion is totally OK with me :grin:

you just answered what i was pondering a bit ago. :thumbsup: :electric_plug:

:evergreen_tree: santa missed the f’n boat

7 Likes

Thats what it’s all about my brother @cannabissequoia! You and @Tinytuttle are two of many brothers that make this place priceless!
:cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

Awwh your making me blush quit it now! Thanks for the compliment!

4 Likes

Yeah, I thought about that then reasoned it is the Cackleberry after all though @Buzzer777 does a better job with them especially his outside girls this last summer…I rarely get jealous of people being able to grow outside just accepting my environment is just too cold without a greenhouse though that one did it for me :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

24 inches. But im not worried to much i dropped the light about 4 inches. But they wont be in those containers to much longer they will go to 6 inch. Ill bury the stem a little on transplant

6 Likes