Seed Run Co-Op Rare F2 Cackleberry - Giveaway has ended

The JHC is an extremely loose, widely dispersed collective…no branding, marketing or social media presence. :smile: People receive seeds and don’t know they’re from JHC. People make seeds and give them away and don’t know they’ve become part of JHC.

There’s only 1 rule to join - you never charge for seeds. :smile:

16 Likes

What is JHC @Muleskinner? Oleskool is always curious.
:cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

JohnnyHempseedCollective

3 Likes

In December 2016 the Massachusetts State Legislature met in secret session and a few leaders gaveled through changes to the legalization referendum we just passed - they took the right to grow cannabis away from professional farmers and they delayed implementation by 6 months.

In response I tried to organize an event called “giveaway for the delay” to get seeds out to people so they could start gardening immediately. Didn’t get much interest from industry folks because it didn’t help them, so a group of growers from the North Shore of Boston began an underground effort to distribute thousands of seeds to local growers. (OK it was mostly me & a few friends like @99PerCent I badgered into helping :smile:)

The rest is history! :smile: 20 or 30,000+ seeds have been given away at events and by mail to OG members. The JHC philosophy developed into this:

My goal is to protect my now-legal right to cultivate by creating an army of home growers. Empowered by growing their own herb, this grass-roots force will fight any attempt to restrict or repeal home-growing rights in the future :sunglasses:

24 Likes

we can only follow in his footsteps! :+1::+1:

Chapman was born on 26 September 1774, in Leominster, Massachusetts

13 Likes

Right on right on right on! This kind of effort is the beginning of “grass roots” organizing that with dedication and persistence can grow and make a difference in protecting Craft Cannabis and home growers. Good on ya mate! You and @99PerCent are Super Hero’s man. Much love and respect…
Take it nationwide bro.

12 Likes

1 like is nowhere near enough.

Amazing thing to do. In awe right now. Something to aspire to on every level.

@Muleskinner and @99PerCent. :exploding_head::exploding_head::innocent::innocent: Absolute legends.

8 Likes

Should be the OG mantra

7 Likes

I have to travel this weekend but only 2 days. they will be fine i will water before i leave. Ill do full breeders notes when i return for i have good info i have been observing. Things like whos making more roots to who is stretching or growing tge fastest etc. For now just another update.

16 Likes

They’re looking great! :thumbsup:

7 Likes

I love the idea of starting them in clear plastic bottles so you can watch roots. GENIUS

7 Likes

Until you see algae. :unamused:

:wink: Agreed that it is very fun to watch.

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

10 Likes

Those young roots don’t like light.
When roots naturally grow below the soil surface, nearby light signals they are headed the wrong way. Like stems, roots contain growth-directing hormones known as auxins, which tell them which way to grow. In the same way that upper growth on plants bends toward well-lit windows, roots naturally grow away from light. They seek darkness and protective moisture instead. In transparent pots, these roots avoid light-penetrated areas of soil. Forced into high-light areas, light-sensitive roots recoil and slow or stop growth. When light dries soil out, tender root tips can suffer. :cowboy_hat_face:

11 Likes

I saw someone on the intertubes with a great idea and it seems to be fine. I use a clear solo cup to pot the seedling/cutting, and then place that inside a solid color solo cup. That way lights stay out until you want to take a peek. peace

10 Likes

Well although it may seem irregular i breed using chaos theory. Chaos theory states that, under certain conditions, ordered, regular patterns can be seen to arise out of seemingly random, erratic and turbulent processes. So by this i believe if i do one or 2 wrongs on purpose it may strengthen the out come. So i do slight torture test to find the strongest from beginning to the finish.

13 Likes

But @oleskool830 to put everyone at ease as soon as i get back in 2 days i have 7 of these ready to give them a great home.

10 Likes

They’re gonna love those new shoes! Have a safe trip and some fun along the way. One Love!

6 Likes

Thats how I do it too until I get more familiar with the strain…I bet a beer/soda cozy would fit those bottles :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

I use light green cups with straw mulch. I can see the roots. It’s difficult for me to drill holes in 2 cups at once.

5 Likes

???

25 Likes