Seed run Co-op Voting thread

All good man. We all do it from time to time, hard to not comment sometimes and totally understandable. I just want to try to keep the thread on point as best I can. There will always be comments which is totally natural. I just thought I would say something as a weeks worth of congratulations was burying the votes :wink: Hard to not praise @Pigeonman.

12 Likes

I feel so loved Iā€™m beet red over here! :blush:

18 Likes

When I grow big. I wanna be like @Pigeonman

10 Likes

I want to also!

3 Likes

19 Likes

18 posts were merged into an existing topic: Non Political Things That Make You Go Hmmmā€¦ reborn (Part 3)

As entertaining as these are, and they are, it strikes me that we may be polluting the co-op voting thread a bitā€¦. These may be better in things that make you go hmmā€¦:man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Iā€™d like to put forward Kush 4 x sunshine daydream forward for a seed run. Iā€™m setup and ready to go if greenlit.

I have a complete pack acquired from GLG in 2021. The ssdd male is now retired.

Thank you for your time.

31 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Co-op Strain Donations and Breeder Match Ups

Kush 4 x sunshine daydream
  • Allow as Co-op
  • Allow in Spring/Fall box but grower packages
  • Reject

0 voters

25 Likes

The poll is live @Kyumonryu , good luck. @coopactiongroup

8 Likes

@coopactiongroup I hope Iā€™m asking in the right place.

@Lady.Zandra63 and I, would like to preserve a strain called Celtic Stone. It, and the company by the same name was created in the 2004 by a breeder, that went by the handle of DeadVet.

@Carty, was originally gifted those by The breeder, and mutual friend who than gifted us his remaining, that Deadvet gave him.

The company is non existent now, and the few seeds that are known to remain were given to us. This is a very rare strain.

We started with 8 of the last 12 seeds known to existā€¦I realize thatā€™s not a lotā€¦right now that is all the room we have. Looking to make more room to pop the remaining. We will pop them eventually if we have anything that doesnā€™t germinate or is overtly weak.

We can package these, using coin flips, washers and envelopes, however postage and distribution may prove difficult for us. The aim is to harvest at least 1500.+ seeds to get the min.of 150 packs. Our goal is to give out as many as possible, that doesnā€™t put too much burden on the distribution chain but give back to the Overgrow community.

Granted, Iā€™m sure this strain is not as popular as many. It came from a small breeder that wasnā€™t in business over a long period. But it did have a bit of a cult following, and I believe it is preservation worthy.

The main question I have, is do I need to wait until the next fall box or can We get approval for some help with distribution to OG members? We are hoping g to have something else for the fall box.

Thank you all, for your consideration!

Celtic Stone is a cross of Sagarmathaā€™s Stonehedge x Juan Mooreā€™s Dixie Crystals
(Stonehedge)[ Kambodga Sativa ā€œCambodianā€ x Western Winds " Kali Mist"
(Dixie Crystal) [White Widow x Cinderella 99]
It is/was a cult classic. Big yielding plants up to 4 ft colas.

Other strains by the Celtic Crew I recall are Celtic Berry, Celtic Cross, Big Stone, Double Stone Black Death and Celtic Hash.and others I canā€™t recall.
Below are some links mentioning the CS

Thank you all for your consideration!

55 Likes

Cool @Draig ! A cult following indeed, a Google search turns up references to cultivators best ever yields, adoring fans, and folks searching for these rare beans; what a great piece of canna history you and @Lady.Zandra63 have gotā€¦ good luck to you!

20 Likes

Iā€™m friends with Deadvet and heā€™s still around but chooses to not be involved with the industry anymore. I actually gifted him some of his own CS seeds back to him about 5 years ago. My favorite strain of his was his Celtic Berry.

The CS can show a few different phenotypes. The most sought after smells like a spaghetti dinner almost, some say pepper. Mostly spices. Most keep a typical christmas tree look to them, and then, there is the DD phenoā€¦ uh huh,
donkey dik. The main cola shoots up 3-5ft above the plantā€¦ biggest Iā€™ve seen in person was a 9ft dd.

Yields are spectacular and Iā€™ve been holding these seeds for sometime. my buddy Gardentroll has used the CS to cross to GOJI with great resultsā€¦

This is gonna be epicā€¦

40 Likes

Thanks @HeadyBearAdventures !
Yes she has been highly sought after gem. Weā€™re greatful to @Carty for donating these so we can make more to.share!

@Carty Thanks, brother, for these gems! I remember when Lady z and I were first asked by DV to be part of the CS crew, It was an honor and I hope preserving these in whatever way, does him proud.

Also thanks for the added info!!
I believe I remember that 9 ft cola now of which you speak.
Without you these would have probably gone extinct!

20 Likes
Celtic Stone
  • Allow as Co-op
  • Allow in Spring/Fall box but grower packages
  • Reject

0 voters

23 Likes

Your poll is live @Lady.Zandra63 and @Draig , good luck. Itā€™s a pretty cool sounding project.

13 Likes

Thanks @DougDawson! And thanks again to all of you, for your consideration, It is most appreciated!

14 Likes

Hey, thank you both for offering up your time, space and energy for the community bud. Also for packing the beans up, thatā€™s really cool of you both.

13 Likes

Thanks @DougDawson! We want to be able to give back to the community that makes such a big difference in so many lives, and gives so much!
This is a bigger project than we usually do-- but it is actually only the beginning!
The first of many breeding/preservation projects to come!!!
:green_heart: :blush:

24 Likes