Seed Run Co-Op Herijuana - Done and Dusted [CLOSED]

@McMuffin
We already have a ton of Sannie’s stuff in the vault already, why vote for him?
I’m running herijuana in October

From the existing options, I’ll go with Brothers Grimm Durban x C99 for now and look up some of the other options

3 Likes

Oh forget what I said then. So I guess you were talking about having another round of voting to narrow the results of the strains.

Eventually we are going to have to figure out who’s going to get the seeds and cross the plants to make seeds. We’re probably going to have to vote for that too if more than one person volunteers and they MUST be reputable like hoodini said.

4 Likes

@fishdude because there is a cost limit and those seeds will be under the limit while at the same time providing some nice potent stable (IBL and F6) genes to play with. Would be a total of about $84 including shipping for 22 - 25 seeds. I’d honestly rather not have both of them, but I’d like one of them in the mix for the genes they’d bring to the table.

2 Likes

Voting for Bodhi SunshineDaydream or any of the bodhi gear, because it’s good, but hard to find in stock.

5 Likes

I would take either bubblegum, Im not fussy when it comes to spreading seed
in fact ill take whatever I can get :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Great minds think alike @gordongecko :sunglasses:
I bought a pack of those last time I was seed shopping. For a little projecto of my own, so no stealing my idea! :laughing: jk.

3 Likes

once i get my tents set back up i’ll be popping OG raskal white fire and @buryseeds X18 then crossing them together to do a giveaway… if u guys are lucky i might even self the WiFi

8 Likes

sorry to bother you on this one; i have a strain(SilverOG) with a “18” parent, “The 18”, crossed to SilverBubble:

https://www.ggsuperseeds.com/seeds

I think this company was a flop a few years ago, still see some old beans at the shop i found mine at. :unamused:

and ReservaPrivada has an “OG #18

where i’m going with this is: perfect example of strain confusion.
i saw “X18” & thought “Ahh, my family tree!” – but apparently not.

harumph. :older_man:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

@Morgwar I like where you are going with the SSDD seed donation. I think you would be able to get plenty of us willing to donate a pack for this.

So I’ll offer a pack of FDM Generals Daughter (previously nominated) to this project.

8 Likes

I’m loving the idea of an OG strain or strains.
Teamwork on the project could get these babies to ibl or better in a lot less time.
That’s another good strain to run and maybe others will be generous with whatever does get picked.

6 Likes

I’m not too well versed on breeding. I know just a tiny bit, pretty much just the basics. I’m wondering how a group breeding project would work. I’m sure it’s possible to group-breed a strain to IBL, but how would that be accomplished?

3 Likes

I would envision something like an initial cross made and seeds distributed to multiple growers. Selections would would be made and cuts shared for the next generation. It allows, in theory, more numbers to be run.

9 Likes

^This is a great idea!

3 Likes

Bingo!
More eyes looking, also more clones taken for back cross different growing styles for comparison.
It’d be so cool if 4 or 5 growers find 5 awesome males and all got to hit 5 clones of the same female
Or vice versa.
We really could have fun with this.

7 Likes

I dunno what the Iniator (@MisticHaze) had in mind for the goal, but my own reaction was: Ahh! Yes! Randomness! :smile:
Particularly with blind voting the result could result in:
“If you try to please everyone you’ll end up pleasing no one” :joy:
Sorry.

(Since orginally it was he pays, we pick).

A fleet of OG-limited strains to squash all the hype would be very cool.
I nominate the name “MonkeyWrench” as an option(if it isn’t taken…I thought I was Genius with “HappyEnding” but it’s taken. have to settle for LoveYouLongTime).

:clipboard: :pen_ballpoint: :thinking:

:evergreen_tree: edit: QUICK! HURRY UP! MonkeyWrench aint listed on seedfiner! :grinning:

3 Likes

a camel is a horse designed by a committee

9 Likes

I like OverGrow OG and I bet that’s not on seedfinder

1 Like

I’m not too well versed on breeding. I know just a tiny bit, pretty much just the basics. I’m wondering how a group breeding project would work. I’m sure it’s possible to group-breed a strain to IBL, but how would that be accomplished?

Me too, even if it drift a little aside the initial proposition of this thread, these potential OG strains sound funky. The hard part will be to put at work people in the same way during months dedicated to it, not to form “breeding virgins” (lol) to the job to do. Methods are methods, one “mentorized” run is enough to have it in hands.

4 Likes

I like that word “mentorized”

2 Likes

Overgrow IS my mentor. Expertise is hard to come by… :wink:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes