Seed Runs Co-Op Logistics/Cost/OT Discussion Megathread

Maybe we should add 2 bucks to shipping and handling for these costs. 200 people is like 800 extra bucks. At least covers some stuff. I personally don’t think that’s unreasonable at all

12 Likes

Nobody owes me anything…

1 Like

It’s super easy to misinterpret the written word. No tone of voice, inflection, body language etc…

Let’s not anybody get their panties in a wad. Peace and love to all. Let’s all move on. Life is short.

19 Likes

@Meesh, you are a Diamond in the rough, keeper of the Peace, and a welcome voice of Wisdom :tanabata_tree: (yeah, this is the wisdom tree).

I’m so jealous that you’re going to Kauai. I was there once before it was hit by a hurricane. LOTS of sugar cane growing, and really tall (like 8+ feet). Safe travels and Happy Trails.
:airplane:

9 Likes

Yeah, it’s not that serious. It’s just the internet and plants . Nothing that anyone should fight over or have it ruin their day.

I have not been to this particular island in Hawaii yet, but they call it the garden island and it sounds great to me! Always great to get away. And my man half naked slathered in suntan oil always works for me. :joy::joy: This old lady takes my cheap thrills however I can get em

11 Likes

Unless someone has had personal contact with @Bongedtobits let’s not jump to conclusions about if he “ran off” or not.

His last Post indicated his health was taking a turn for the worse, and wasn’t the first time he’d brought it up. The last time he was active was the day he made that post. I’m not defending him per say, but we don’t know the full story and can only speculate.

He was VERY active when able and community orientated. Look at his activity history, doesn’t look like he’d be the type to snatch and grab.

Carry on, I just wanted to say a bit about that particular situation.

29 Likes

I was there long ago, but you can (violate your rental car contract) take the cane roads west to a really big beach that is usually deserted, so clothing can be optional. Just to the north of that around the point is the Na Pali coast where they filmed South Pacific. Yer gonna Love it!

Oops. We’re off topic, aren’t we? At least we’re playing nice… :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Jesus, I hope he didn’t pass away or something

7 Likes

We may never know. There was another user early on when I first joined that was having health issues and went MIA… Still think about them and send good vibes.

The anonymity of a forum like this one is a blessing and a curse.

On that note, I don’t want to derail this thread with doom and gloom, just know that stuff happens, beyond any of our control.

13 Likes

Oh well there ya go. He also donates to the site.

So we’ve got it narrowed down to thievery or death. :joy::joy:

Sorry bad joke :rofl:

11 Likes

Not a bad joke, I think it’s natural to make light of an unknown situation, humor is the natural course of action for me when SHTF, at the very least, I get it lol. :wink:

11 Likes

Got me thinking I should send my phone number to @MomOnTheRun or something in case I’m ever abducted by aliens. At least y’all would know, it was just an anal probe issue.

21 Likes

When did something so beautiful turn so ugly? This was supposed to be about spreading love and keeping something rare alive… if you don’t want to do it don’t do it, if your going to complain about it don’t do it… there’s so much negativity here… it’s not why I joined… I joined to learn, from like minded individuals about a beautiful plant. Please keep the negativity out… maybe that’s why the people your complaining about aren’t active because there’s so much negativity and drama. (Not sure how to tag people but you know who you are)

7 Likes

Thank you @Mongobongo for your continued dedication kindness and generosity!

A reminder to all recipients of seeds, to keep the system working requires that other generous souls pay it forward in the future by volunteering to be seed breeders\donors to the benefit of the OG community.
Remember that the all-volunteer preservation run administrators are always available to assist anybody interested in donating time and space to doing a seed run. :smile:

39 Likes

While I agree it’s super easy to add your name to a list with out deleting someone else I was simply trying to find a solution that would appease everyone obviously this isn’t it lol

Maybe we should have a 5 dollar shipping/sign up prior to adding a name and if something goes wrong to the run then everyone’s 5 bucks goes to Costs of running the site yet again just my high ass 2 cents

6 Likes

Wait… You get boobs on Facebook!

6 Likes

Safe travels @Meesh Hawaii has great weed

2 Likes

The sites not running this… this is all our bad ass members doing this for the community!

Far from negativity the newbie is speaking of

9 Likes

I was referring to Costs like the recent server fundraiser or hell it could even go into a purchase rare genetics for future projects fund or to the grower IDC I just know the quickest way to sift through people is to charge a small upfront fee…sorry for derailing your thread @Mongobongo that wasn’t my intention at all thanks for the work you do for everyone

2 Likes