Seed sending protection

Just a little reminder out there.

Mail goes through rollers. Send seeds with protection. No washers in these packs. Received some pancakes. Can’t even see the one side they must have got between the paper and got flattened.

22 Likes

Ouch, got ‘em good

2 Likes

Sorry that happened to you bud. Never saw anything shipped like that before.

1 Like

Yup those are dead

3 Likes

are the coin flips air tight?

1 Like

Checkout @Bobgrows she makes some nice pucks. I ordered from her and have no complaints.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Think they are just taped, the seeds in the one must have got between the cardboard and got flattened no stray particles in the envelope.

1 Like

yeah i learned this hsrd way too sent a pack of tga in original package to a member thinking it should be good but behold my durprise when he sent me a picture ressembling this

2 Likes

I sent a bunch in the cryo tubes and they all got trashed.
I only did that once. :wink:

1 Like

A condom may have worked in place of the forgotten hose washer. :joy:

4 Likes

I hate that . I was waiting on a special strain I was dying to get and I just about sat watching for the mail every day . Out of a ton of trades I was not worried .I just couldn t wait to get them. The day came ran into the house to toss them in water and I opened them and boom dust . LOL Just my luck and what made it worst the dude sent me the seeds he had and there was no getting that strain back.

3 Likes

Does the outside of the envelope have a stamp that says Non-Machinable? I had a similar situation, but it wasn’t the senders fault. It was marked Non-Machinable but they ran it through the rollers anyway. Probably some stoner :slight_smile:

1 Like

5 Likes

Yes it said that.
I send mine in corrugated plastic.
And usually pay the extra thick charge.

1 Like

cryo tubes??

We make seed pucks.
Check out my thread.

9 Likes

These thingies…
I think they may be called centrifuge tubes. :relaxed:

This is where I get mine. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
They have every kind you can think of.
And if they don’t they will design you a custom one.
Great service and very quick too.

2 Likes

Just FYI I got seeds that way and they had hairline cracks in the seeds.
After a while they became unviable.
You would never know unless you looked at em under magnification.

I know a ton of folks say they have great success with corrugated.
But I also wonder if any of them are holding on to cracked seed that will soon be dead.
Just my 2 cents here, i hope I do not offend anyone. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Crush protection is critical. Always must assume they will go through the mail processing roller crushers.

When I first started sharing/trading seeds, I would pack in baggies in bubble mailers. Those get crushed too. And no sense in paying extra for shipping.

Non-machinable letter mail with coin-flip/washer, corrugated plastic sign board, or @Bobgrows’s seed pucks is a must.

I have seen really fat seeds still get damaged in the coin-flip/washer packaging when the seeds are fatter than the thickness of the washer.

I have a big bag of the seed pucks, but I mostly use corrugated plastic sign board so I can send more in a share.

Edit: when using sign board I reinforce every 4th channel with toothpicks. If not reinforced, it can still get crushed.

Non-machinable letter mail gets it there every time. I’ve only had 1 envelope ever go missing, and that was to a weird looking tribal address in a far away place.

7 Likes