Seed Trading, Moderated (Part 1)

Nah it wasnt you. ALOT of people say “Ill get them crossed and send them back to you”. For the most part I have no idea what kind of selection takes place. So I dont mind parting with a few free beans in the free section that I might not use anyways, because I am skeptical of people.

If the motive is a trade and somebody gets stiffed on the deal it makes EVERYBODY look bad. OG included, last thing I need to deal with is scammers.

But ya never know, there are some solid people out there and something good might come out of it.

There is risk involved in the trade,

5 Likes

It’s a relief… After more than a decade the last thing I need when getting back into the website is to be compromised as bogus or something… Nice you cleared it up. Thanks.

Make a deposit thru paypal for trades and when everyone is happy then you send it back… Easy. That’s what i do with BJJ kimonos thru Facebook and I own quite a few of them kimonos, and every single transaction has been done either thru honor or paypal… IMHO.

Over and out…

2 Likes

And you know what guys, check on new members that are not posting and just looking; this fucking guy can be watching our every word and everything we know, actually, i’m positive he’s watching… Right now…

4 Likes

Whatever collateral system works for you, but its a good idea to hold collateral for a trade if that’s what you agree on, but thats none of my business.

2 Likes

10-4 I believe that people as they get to know each other like you said @GrowerGoneWild, trust won’t be an issue, but it’s hard too.

3 Likes

It takes time to build rep…

I haven’t been “burned” yet, all the seeds I’ve offered were for free on the other thread, No reciprocity was expected, however some bothered the hell out of me for a freebie, when things didn’t go smoothly. But I made good on sending stuff. And then they just disappear.

My rep is good, its their rep that’s in jeopardy.

Thats why there is a thread to identify troublemakers. And the ones that are solid need to be given feedback that the trade was good.

4 Likes

Word!

Right now, i’m studying the way of producing “Coloidal Silver” (which is super easy) in order to produce feminized seeds from any of the four strains i’m getting from amsterdammarijuanaseeds.com; in the near future i’ll have tons of feminized seeds of these strains, so keep an eye out…

1. White Widow
  2. Jackberry
  3. NYC Diesel
  4. Mangolicious

FREE giveaways and trades to come…

8 Likes

@ MadScientist, look at STS for feminizing… I like it better than CS. I thought CS was harder to do than STS… Just my own experience.

Unless I’m trying to do something specific, or for a client, I dont usually fem unless asked to. Id rather wait or test for males. The sexing kit is available in my area for around 18 bucks a test. I’m gonna try it out see if it saves me some time.

2 Likes

I’ve read about it, never done it tho, but will try. And will succed at it too. But i’ve heard the bananas work great but i dont really know exactly how you are supposed to put them under the influence of the active ingredient needed for it to activate the fem features in the seeds, all of this while avoiding seeds to sprout at the same time! Seems like something out of this world, so CS first then STS, will see man. I might ask you a question here or there from time to time u know, if it’s ok!?

1 Like

Ask the question in advanced techniqes or general growing to keep this thread on topic.

1 Like

Yes sir, i started deviating the conversation from its original course, my fault!

Not sure if I was included in this but I have a lot going on right now in real life. Thats why I haven’t been so active. I’m actually starting a new job tomorrow at a nursery that I was talking to Ryasco about a while ago I believe. But I do have 5 of the fire og x gsc sprouted and out along with 2 Sonora mix and some other genetics also I got 3 of the loc x gsc sprouted and ready to be put out when I have time. Crosses will be made and sent back if everything goes according to plan. I just wanted to update you to let you know I have not disappeared like Eddie.saw. I will be starting a new grow journal thread soon when I get the chance I’m just really busy at the moment.

5 Likes

The thought never crossed my mind.

2 Likes

Naw, not directed at you. the dropouts are obvious.

Looking forward to your journal.

The ones I’m really looking forward to is the loctite and GSC. Loctite is superfrosty and strong… So is GSC.

Dang… I forgot if those are femmed… I guess you will find out…

2 Likes

Yeah I guess I will lol

More on the subject @GrowerGoneWild, this is where i read about banana peelings and other fruits to feminize the seeds!

https://books.google.co.cr/books?hl=en&lr=&id=LRTLBAAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PP1&dq=ethylene+banana+marijuana&ots=6GoIJjeQ8W&sig=Vjyl9U52N_2xfrGipwBvqdVuDKU&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false

1 Like

I don’t mean to go off point here, but I don’t know how to frame someone’s comments from up-thread and add mine…I sent Eddie Saw about 70 beans(expecting no quid-pro-quo) some still in the containers from the seed bank,lol. If you all sent him beans too, he must have one hell of a collection going on.

7 Likes

You can let everyone know about that here: Negative feedback on trades

I wish those people would understand that we dont give a shit about recieving beans. If you dont have them who cares. Were giving out seeds to help not in hopes of getting something in return. We just want to see more people being able to grow their own medicine and to stick around overgrow. I have sent seeds to several mems also eddie saw, grow easy, blowing up jake, and i think one other i have forgotten. Or maybe that was on instagram? Not sure. But i havnt heard anything back from any of the people ive sent seeds to and BUJ is the only guy still around. Im hoping its just the borders but i sent them over a month agoXD hope all is well with everyone that havnt been around lately.

7 Likes

If it was a “trade” I understand. All the seeds I sent out were supposed to be freebies, so I’m not worried either. I knew I had to throw it out there to get things started. As for other people… I guess they had other things going on.

2 Likes