šŸŒ± Germination Laboratory @ MadScientist šŸŒ±

Hello everyone, after more than 10 years, iā€™m germinating seeds again. Only schwag seeds for now, just wanna test my success rate. Gonna use a heat mat with a tray and dome, plus Rhizotonic to help out; the seeds wil be put in 1" rockwool plugs. Just testing and practicing for now, but iā€™m getting started.

16 Likes

Congratulations my friend! Thank you for letting us join you. There is a chance you could find a gem in your schwagg seeds. :pray::grin:

3 Likes

Yeah well, iā€™m not gonna grow them, theyā€™ll be disposed of when they need light for veg, like right after they consume the cotyledon nutes; but like i said, just practicing. Gonna make this thread a germination thread for practice and then start the real McCoy once i get my lampsā€¦

5 Likes

If they are vigorous and healthy try them out. Could be interesting. If nothing else something to play with while you sprout other seeds. (i only said scwagg seeds because you did)

4 Likes

Happy to announce, ā€œtap waterā€ in Guanacaste, CR; is at exactly 6.0 pH! WOOHOO!

A couple of drops of lime there wouldnā€™t hurt!

4 Likes

Good luck fellow grower !

2 Likes

HAHAHAHAA I know man! I know where your heart isā€¦ And they ARE schwag seeds, from mexican or colombian brick weed, so nothing lost in the proccess of practicing germination rates and methods with themā€¦ Thanks @ryasco!

2 Likes

So heā€™s germinating some landrace seeds.

3 Likes

I guess you could call them thatā€¦ HAHAHAHAA!

2 Likes

I appreciate it, cosā€™ they are on their way up! Planted 7 seeds (schwag) for practice, will take pics as they advance in the process, thanks guys nā€™ girls!

You got any extra " schwag" seeds you can donate ?

But anyhow I think :thought_balloon: this setup could guarantee %100 germination rate !

1 Like

They are from something called ā€œPunto Creepyā€ that they bring from God only knows where, but itā€™s very seldom you can get this kinda weed. So, anyway, yeah man. I mean if you dont care and as long as you know that it really is schwag weed seedsā€¦ Iā€™ll donate some yes. I got like 4 left, but still have to pick apart some more budā€¦ Send me a private message with your address @shroomgod and iā€™ll send you some, Iā€™ll try to pick more from the buds.

EDIT: I got two six packs of ā€œPunto Creepyā€ one for you @shroomgod, and another one for @ryasco! Guys if you want them send me a msj with an address. Iā€™ll drop them off on Monday (Memorial day for you guys) when they open.

3 Likes

message sent @MadScientist

1 Like

Got it. No problem my man. Going out on Monday!

@shroomgod

1 Like

Dude got any ā€œschwagā€ seeds left? XD DO NOT THROW THEM AWAY AFTER SEEDLINGS.

1 Like

You want some @lotus710? Iā€™ll send you some too. Sorry for @ryasco he wasnā€™t here! Shoot me your address!

I never received your address @lotus710, and i know you dig @ryasco, so iā€™m sending them to him, like i originally intendedā€¦ You 'll get something special in the next few months, Space Cake!

Here you are; coming your way guys!

2 Likes

I intend to go guerrilla on this 7 plants, they are mostly sativa, and now i need to scout locations to plant them at. The thing is iā€™m moving and wonā€™t be around to check on them. I guess iā€™ll delegate it to a friend or someoneā€¦

3 Likes

^^^^

That is a great idea.
If possible, you should expose the seedlings to direct sunlight as soon as they pop!

You are even closer to the equator than I am. Seedlings love the mighty sunšŸ˜Ž
Good luck!

2 Likes

Of course, thanks man! They need their photons, but i already got a couple of friends fighting over the plants, HAHAHAHA! And i asked them a few minutes ago! One is my Brother-in-Law and another guy from Jiu Jitsuā€¦

2 Likes

Lolā€¦hahaha.
Well, then you have 7 plantsā€¦so give one prospective guerrilla grower 4 and the other 3.
This may enhance the chance of a successful harvestā€¦two different locations.
Containers will be more work than in ground, but have the advantage of portability.:grinning:

2 Likes