Seedling problems 1st time grower

Idk what’s going on it’s been 2weeks they havnt grown much at all

Avoid too much watering (to prevent rot). Seedlings usually take some time…

1 Like

Temperature should be about 78 degrees. Humidity above 60% , sprouting in a dome helps with this. Water when the cup feels light in weight. Hope this helps. Good Luck. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Let us know the basics, lighting if any being used, temps in room, medium used , coco looks like, but any additives added? As stated watch the watering seedlings are prone to.rot from too much.moisture
They look healthy but too me it seems they may be cold and need a good foliar, I like to use fermented plant juice/extract

1 Like

Thanks for the replys

and hopefully this is a better picture some look like there drying up ready to die and two look somewhat healthy to me I’m using soil nature’s care organic potting mix (Nitrogen o.18%) phosphate 0.10%, soluble potash K2O 0.12%

any suggestions on plant food better soil etc money is tight but would love any help I could get thanks

and this is there current home using two 120watt plant light from homedepot

What about temperature?

Also they don’t need 240W at this stage yet… You can safely use just one 120W lamp. Raising air humidity helps also (but beware overwatering). Follow what @Boe and @4eyedfreakydeaky said.

It is hard to tell but it looks like they are trying to close up hiding from light or heat. I agree pull a light and monitor your heat and humidity.

Ok thanks, will do so and definitely give an update on what happens, would you be willing to share some info on products you use methods etc? I’m trying to learn as much as possible thanks again.

Normally seedling don’t need much but water first 2 weeks but I have fed week old seedlings at about an 1/8th of the lowest suggested on nutrient label if that’s what u use. I can’t suggest nutrients to as I don’t buy bottled nutrients anymore and use organic amendments mixed in soil, teas, slurry mixes, and fermented extracts.
You will be fine removing 1 light till later, but looks like it may still be temps and watering. And very diluted nutrients soon as well to help boost them along. Sorry I’m not much help but go ahead and post up your plans for feeding these gems and maybe more folks can chime in on suggestions.for you on that

From what I see you’ve posted maybe add 30% #3 perilite to your mix next run and avoid using those peat pots if you can. PH of 5.8 to 6.2 but I’d stay at 6.0 if you can. Once they dry and you go to water again left them and get a feel for the weight of them wet and dry. Hope this helps you a bit

1 Like

A good rule of thumb is to not feed until you get 3 sets of true leaves or first couple of weeks whatever is easier for you to remember. Pick a two or three part feeding product. If you follow the given schedule you will be fine. As you grow watch what you do and research why what you do is working. If it has silica in it look up silica and see what silica does. After two or three grows you will think you are a genius. After two or three years you will realize how little you know. After two or three decades you will realize how little everyone knows. Ha! Ha!

6 Likes

Also Canna makes Seed starter I hear works well but I’ve never used it. I just bought some and I’ll test so I can post results here.

1 Like

soil looks too dry. try using a dome. also get a bag of kelp meal for food. its all you need for veg and flower.

1 Like

Excuse me, but nothing as easy, cheap n productive (taste n potency) as “orgánic” grow in soil…

1 Like

First: I cant speak English n maybe I sound rude but RESPECT is My religión. I started My post with: “excuse”
N continue sayin the same: nothing as easy as soil ground cultive…
Please, excuse me if I sound rude… I respect ya n everybody here…

2 Likes