Seeds Of Africa: Transkei Origin - Club Quadrent

20201108_131915-removebg-preview

Last year I was lucky enough to have become friends with another grower who is born and raised in Africa — Long story short as our friendship grew so did our desire to swap Genetics, So we made a good trade and by some crazy miracle we both received what the other intended…

I’ve been putting off starting these seeds because I know it will take a super long time to get them finished 14+ weeks — But I think its time to get this one squared away for good.

Hope everyone follows along and enjoys the journey - Let’s Grow!

I only have 2 individual seeds of Transkei Origin from the Eastern Cape of Africa where this strain is used for cultivation by the locals.

I’m aware that some places online have this strain name for sale around $50 for 10 Regs & and I have no idea if its the same deal or not, I’m just telling you all what I know about the particular seeds I’ve got…

Some information I’ve found online about this strain;

This Sativa strain from the eastern cape of Southern Africa, is the ideal strain for both indoor and outdoor growers. Plants are typically long with many slender, dense lime green buds that shimmer with crystals and that are topped with orange hairs. This landrace is famed locally for its super fruity aroma, combining mild citrus and sour grapefruit notes as well as good clean natural, cerebral high.

Another more rarer pheno is noted to have aromas of aniseed / liqourice, medicine tasting… This one could be very nice also.

Origin: Eastern Cape, South Africa
Type: Sativa 90%/100%
Flowering time: 14+ weeks
Seed type: Regular – Transkei has never been Feminized.
Suitably resistent to wind & PM by due to its ability to grow in, at times very windy, insanely hot climate.

online source;

The Game Plan;

Grow out both seeds and maybe ill be lucky enough to NOT get 2 males.

IF I get 2 males - I’ll grow them for pollen.
IF I get 2 females - I’ll take cuttings and use Colloidal Silver to have pollen for the Females…
IF I get 1 male & 1 Female - I’ll make F1 Regulars.

(No till - Water only - Organic growing)
Medium & Nutrients;

HP Pro Mycorrhizae
Gaia green 444 all purpose (2 tbsp per 1gal)
Gaia green 284 Flowering (2 tbsp per 1gal)
Gaia Green Worm Castings (2 tbsp per 1gal)

‐-----------
Went and raded the “Vault” and it was lucky cylinder #18.

Then used Warm bottled non chlorinated water and made a paper towel sandwich & placed inside a ziplock bag with some air, resting on my lights driver to keep them warm and hopefully sprouting…

Some photos from @anon98152597 to show us how the potential structure could turn out, either way its a large plant… I’m honored to have NoobymacDooby here since he’s lucky enough to have grow up in the region, has lots of knowledge, not only about this strain but about the area and the locals who have spent generations building and working this strain deserving the credit & compensation.

Also to have @Sunvalley follow along & maybe even join in ? Knowing that he’s grown this strain before is definitely exciting as well…

20201226_091732 c5e6545e7ef75e49d28637bc9f2f4ca4872c733d_2_504x500.jpeg

32 Likes

Oh wow, this is great. I haven’t seen SoA around much anymore. This will be pretty fun to watch. :+1:

7 Likes

Not familiar with this strain but this should be interesting to see for sure. If you do get 2 males then grow them out for pollen. :+1:

4 Likes

Will be cool to watch. I always admire those who have the patience to tangle with those crazy 14+ week monsters. Best of luck!!!

5 Likes

Glad your here for the ride :wink:

3 Likes

Yes 100%. Genetics is GOLD.

3 Likes

I’m glad you made it and willing to travel down this long road…

3 Likes

Hopefully this sprouts off the ground and we end up with African Genetics Transkei Strain Seeds.

Preservation of Genetics :wink:

2 Likes

I am definitely pulling up a chair for this one. I hope you are blessed with 1 male, and 1 female.

3 Likes

Dope. I’m watching this. Like the game plan and back story. Good luck!

2 Likes

I’m going to come along for the ride as well, that is, if you don’t mind :v:t4:

1 Like

@YoBigdaddy @valleymicro @repins12 your more then welcome to share this journey… As is anyone who wants to follow, Stalk or chat ,)

4 Likes

I’m usually always hiding in plain sight. Don’t usually say a whole lot, don’t like to muddy the waters but, answer if asked. If I don’t know the answer, I’ll try and help you find it. I hope that you and yours had a great Christmas :v:t4:

2 Likes

I’ll be stalking along @CADMAN :wink: 🥷

2 Likes

Will follow this too :+1:t3::+1:t3::+1:t3::+1:t3:

1 Like

@CADMAN Will be watching this one for sure as I would love to

grow something from Africa :slight_smile: (some year)

all the best and grow well

Dequilo

1 Like

Hope both of those beans pop for you AND you get a breeding couple. Interested to see the leaf shape. The PPP I have now has really broad stubby leaves for a sativa.

2 Likes

Your seed vault inspired me to grab something similar.

3 Likes

SWEEEE can certainly chill here…
@Rastak is very welcome to follow along :wink:

1 Like

@dequilo one day brother. I hope :pray: its soon.

1 Like