Seeds of Anarchy

Greetings Overgrow, we have just released 5 new fem lines under our Seeds of Anarchy label. These are the first releases from a Breeder Steve project in approximately 20 years, and the first testers in Thailand have shown some favourable results. Our Official Testers in the USA who have been actively reporting will receive the first 25 packs of each. Contributors to Steve’s Million Seed Search will be automatically approved to receive these packs as well once they’ve completed the Official Tester registration on our site if they haven’t already. They just have to mention what lines they’ve contributed to the MSS for their verification in the application.

13 Likes

Welcome back buddy. Interesting post!

What 5 lines are you releasing? Do you have pictures from the US testers? Are they on forums? You’ve tagged feminized but don’t list what they are.

Are these your guys’ pictures this time? I mean that with sincerity and not to be an ass. Goodluck

3 Likes

@ DirtySlowToes thanks for your reply! Out of the 5 we’ve so far grow reports on three and the others have only just started testing. Some posts are on our foum I’ll post photos and info here on all of them.

2 Likes

#1 Ego Punch
Vegging 38 days, floweing 56 days.
Parents = Legendary OG Punch x Candy Slurricane fem pollen
Pollinated by Candy Slurricane feminized pollen.
Slurricane itself = Dosidos x Purple Punch
5% chance of herm

The photos are povided by Rays Home Grow X @Rayong71

There’s a grow reprt on our website.

4 Likes

#2 Gargoyle
Vegging 37 days
Flowering 56 days
Gargoyle mom = Mean Mug x CPL

The photo is povided by the same tester Rays Home Grow X @Rayong71

3 Likes

#3 Sour Cherry
Vegging 38 days
Flowering 45 days
Sour Cherry = Gary Payton x Larry Chimes
All pollinated by Candy Slurricane feminized pollen.
5% chance of hermaphrodite

The photo is povided by the same tester Rays Home Grow X @Rayong71

4 Likes

#4 Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny parents = Candy Slurricane x Candy Slurricane

Testing is not completed yet, the attached image is from our partners cultivation setup.

3 Likes

#5 Sunflower
Sunflower parents = Post Malone x Candy Slurricane

Testing is not completed yet, the attached image is from our partners cultivation setup.

4 Likes

We will soon have new collections arriving from West, East, and North Africa, plus a selection of highland and lowland Nepalese. More to follow on those.

2 Likes

You are listing slurricane and then saying they’re pollinated by candy slurricane. Is that a pheno? A different cross? What is candy slurricane. And what made you decide to run with it despite every cross having herm chances? Curious really. Most folks won’t say there are any risks so kudos to you there

Thanks for the pics!

You said that last time about the varietals from other places… so I’ll keep waiting! :smiling_face: Goodluck

2 Likes

Candy Slurricane is a Slurricane hybrid from Jordan of the islands. It should read CS x CS. The CS had a lot of good qualities, but a higher than average herm ratio in the S1. There were lower rates in the progeny from the crosses. We won’t likely be using it again, but some of the hybrids thereof yielded excellent mother material. It seemed fair to release the best of these with a warning to be vigilant about herms in the hunt. This amounted to a training run for Thai partners new to making seed. They get to see the ups and downs. Now they understand the importance of stress testing anything to be used in breeding. We may “straighten out” some of our favourites going forward. The CS had good mold resistance, fairly sweet, and overall a hardy producer.

2 Likes

Hello @Starsandstripesseed!

I’d like to give a warm welcome to Stars and Stripes Seed Company, a new player on the breeding field.

When I found out that @BreederSteve is directly involved, I couldn’t contain my excitement. I have nothing but great memories from the early 2000s, and his ST#3 really set a high standard.

Thanks for introducing a new seed brand! I’m a big fan of the original Spice of Life varieties, and I’m sure the new strains are well worth the 20-year wait! :wink:

Also, big thanks to Steve and you, Tariq, for becoming our newest OG Sponsors!

I’m looking forward to seeing the offerings!

6 Likes

So candy slurricane is candy shop x slurricane? You didn’t make it very clear for me. Candy Shop being Runtz x Gelato. It really is helpful if you are clear in your posts. Maybe alter the first few to show what candy slurricane is? Or let folks know the distinction between the two? By CS do you mean candy shop or candy slurricane?

Cool work though! I’m packed but I hope someone here grows something of yours out. Should be some folks interested in some of that for sure

Edited because I was at work and it felt short.

What should?

1 Like

definitely interested in more details on your nepalese

1 Like

Thanks for the kindness, Joe! It’s been a long time since I spent much time on the boards. I took a long break from the business, but not from enjoying cannabis. I have started up a few breeding programs in various locales over the last eight years. All of these have been with different partners. I’m holding off on re-releasing Spice of Life gear until I set up my own facility to develop and produce them independently. Working with partners usually leads to some measure of compromise, and I’ve come to the hard realization that one cannot achieve excellence through compromise. Peace can be achieved through compromise, but not excellence. Regardless, I enjoy designing new facilities and breeding programs with various goals, strategies and environments. Hiring and training new growers and new breeders as these satellite breeding stations get on a good footing is satisfying (when they’re the right fit). Identifying the correct individuals to make a great team is key. The wrong ones are the stuff of nightmares.
Times certainly have changed dramatically in the last twenty-thirty years. There are more places to consider working with the plant legally than ever in this time of transition out of the prohibition era. When I first focused on breeding it was to conserve favourites for headstash. That became a mission to spread seed in the spirit of civil disobedience, as I only gifted them for a few years until I realized the opportunity to do full-time work of my hobby by commercializing seed under the Spice of Life Seeds banner. Back then we could only dream of actually selling jars of our own bud, hash, oils, and edibles, under our own labels. Getting the seed out there with a label was enough of a gamble, grey zone-wise. Nowadays we have a lot more possibilities, although in all of the paradigms I have worked, now on almost every continent, the best was still the early days in Switzerland when it was legal, not licensed. I’d hoped that that model would have been universal by now. Sadly not, they’ve regressed themselves in regards to overregulation. Many regions aren’t viable to work based on their unwarranted punitive taxation on cannabis, alone. I’m being very selective now about where I invest my time and efforts. Ideally, I’d like to follow up Spice of Life Seeds with Spice of Life Cannabis. This will take a few forms:

• Authorized Producers who can use authentic SOLS packaging on their quality products, whether bud, pre-rolls, edibles, hash, extracts. These will include the classics, plus the unreleased stuff I’ve been working on.
  • Spice of Life Cafes, Shoppes, Clubs, or Clinics, depending on jurisdiction, with local partners.
  • Authorized Nurseries with the true cuttings, including the VeroSinse versions.
  • Seeds, of course there will be more seed! Some of the new lines will be released for everyone to grow, as with re-releases of the classics, and some of my new cultivars will only be available as finished products, grown and packaged by approved Authorized Producers. This is to hopefully avoid a pitfall I’ve experienced in the past, namely that popularity is the kiss of death. Once everyone is growing something it becomes synonymous with the regs. If only highly skilled growers have a certain cut and consistently do it justice it may retain its appeal much longer.
    In addition to spawning breeding stations I’ve enlisted the services of various regional collectors. In conjunction with each of them this year will see the first releases from these partnerships covering Morocco, Nepal, West Africa, East Africa. These will be made available, in addition to the Afghani and Pakistani, @starsandstripesseed.
    I knew that if I was getting back into seed breeding and collecting I wanted to have some control over the distribution, short of actually taking full responsibility for it. I didn’t want to deal with wholesalers that dealt in knock-offs, either. I wanted a place to park my new beans that would take care of packaging and shipping, whether by the tonne, the kilo, or wholesale/retail in packs. I realized that there is a lot of logistics and investment involved to do this right, even the banking is extra complicated. I have a lot of faith in Tariq to stay on top of this. It made sense to welcome the multitudes of breeders, old and new, to list their seed on consignment and allow them to take advantage of the rails we set up over two years. It makes for a more interesting catalogue and it’s an open opportunity for all. We’ve only cancelled one so far after we were told 3X in one day that the guy was a scammer. Most of the 45 or so breeders who’ve registered so far are kicking in extra seed for our official testers to review, and to be included in the next rounds of the Million Seed Search. These next Living Library exhibits are being planned for Ghana, Jamaica, and Thailand. The Seeds of Anarchy label is owned equally by myself and my two partners @starsandstripesseed, who purchased the current seeds to white label from my Thai project. These fems are a limited release. We only released our favourite five lines from about forty test crosses. The herm rate is a bit high for my liking, but the flower is compelling, so if you understand that you are seeking a mother, and not just a one off fem crop, you will find some excellent stable mothers once you’ve culled any herms. They were selected for their range of flavours and punchiness. Mold resistance was another criteria, as these were initially selected from runs of nearly two hundred lines in a hot and humid lowland environment at 17 degrees North.
    I never released fems under Spice of Life, and I may never. We’ll see. I reserve the right to change my mind! My hardworking Thai partners now have a better understanding of the selection and production processes. They’ve learned a lot and come a long way from being non growers 4 year ago. I expect to see some solid long term work in development going forward, and likely another satellite station in a different region/altitude over there. In the meantime I’m considering where to establish the next SOLS facility. I’m torn between a few places, but I’m anxious to start soon.

A special thanks to you, Joe, for the kind welcome back. I’ll be sure and drop in more often. I’ve always had a fond spot for OG, the name alone fully resonates with me. I have been on a lifelong mission to get more people growing! We are aligned.

Have a great J!

6 Likes