Selection / Phenohunt: 43x Slurricane #7 S1 fem

Hey people,

I just started a little phenohunt. Got me some IHG Slurricane beans and now looking for something worth keeping. Let’s see how it goes :slight_smile:

@ifish You want front-row seats?

40 Likes

Front and center : ) I’ll keep a few seats beside me free incase @Drip-n-wet and @eskobar want to drop in to see you workin that Mapito and doin your thing : )
They love their tech just like you : )

Wow 43 slurricane gonna be EPIC : ) a keeper in there for sure : )

7 Likes

I will let @ifish slide in first as he was invited, but I am following him in through the open door!
:eyes:
:robot:

5 Likes

Sounds cool! I’ll get in on this one too :star_struck:

4 Likes

very unstable genetics but very nice things to find. Good luck, I’m watching.
The #7 is the best choice. But the IX is …disaster, hermie party and every plant different. Nothing to be found like they claim and show

14 Likes

@Dirtron Thanks for taking interest. Of course everybody is welcome. :slight_smile:

@ifish This grow is gonna be nothing fancy with basic equipment. I’ll do the selection on coco and when I find a keeper, grow her on mapito flood & drain. Going to be interesting next few months. You’ve waited a long time for this :slight_smile: Any keeper i find… you know how it goes haha

@eskobar I want to see what the hype is all about. Expecting hermies though like you pointed out. I was browsing attitude with hempyfan early 2021 and he suggested I try the #7 along few others.

It’s my first real selection so yes i am excited and a little bit nervous.

3 Likes

Pulling up a chair as well following ifish in :laughing:

2 Likes

Nice! I’m not too big on most hype but I grabbed the Slurricane IX when it was released. I actually didn’t pop any myself but gave 3 seeds to a buddy who popped 1 and got a fantastic pheno that tested at 31% when we grew a cut. Anyway, hope you find some gold in there :call_me_hand:

7 Likes

Looking forward to this. I loved a grow for selecting

7 Likes

@Hempyfan Great to see you here! Welcome aboard! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Hempyfan how goes it : ) what a day this has turned out to be : )

1 Like

just chopped some slurricane didnt get to its potentual due to a move but smelled great had 2 phenos. one tall one smaller more tops. tall one smelled best wish i had a clone of it but non survived the cold

2 Likes

Oh hell yeah! I am watching this one :seedling:

3 Likes

Right behind you @other_barry . This is gonna be a good hunt!

2 Likes

Definitely in for this one. Smoked the last of my slurricane around Christmas but it was one helluva headstash. I traded a pound with a well known Toronto breeder, my Wedding Cake for his Slurricane. It is 100% on my radar now and I have decided I must acquire some beans. Stuff is FIRE :fire: when done right 1000%

4 Likes

@TopShelfTrees1 Interesting, thanks for the feedback! Did he select the cut on his own from some packs or was he given an elite cut?

2 Likes

Oh wow! This looks like a WILD ride!!! Definitely following! :v::v:

1 Like

They were originally hunted.

3 Likes

Good, busy busy as always. It’s good to see all is well!

2 Likes

Last night I prepared some coco and inserted the seedlings in 1L pots. I soaked the coco bricks in 6.0 pH with some nutes and flushed it with 6.0 pH until runoff EC = input EC. I couldn’t get runoff pH over 5.3 pH though. Makes me a bit worried and some seedlings look slightly pissed already. Also the feed might have been a little hot for this early stage. Nevertheless things should turn out fine when roots get going in a week or so.

Inside the domes I have 26.5°C and ca. 70% RH. Lights on 24/0 to keep stable climate.

From 43 seeds, 2 didnt feel like participating. So we’re at 41/43 already.

24 Likes