Selfed pollen and crossing

I have a question I can’t seem to find an answer to, so I’m turning to my fellow OGers.

I am going to be using colloidal silver to make feminized seeds on some autoflowers.

If I have two different strains in the tent and the selfed pollen from one gets on the other, will I have Feminized seeds on both plants?

What if I spray both plants and they cross pollinate each other?

2 Likes

In the first situation you would end up with selfed seeds on the reversed plant and a Feminized cross on the other. If you reverse both you’ll have a mix of selfed and Feminized cross on both plants and not know what’s what. Might be a cool grab bag project for a giveaway or something.

2 Likes

I have not done any chucking, but I do plan on it.
I read recently that you should spray with regular H2O 15-20 minutes after the CS spray to cut down on the corrosive effects.
Might be Bro Science, but something to put out there.

1 Like

Awesome, I’ve got 2 strains for a 30 plant outdoor auto grow for next spring, I won’t mind if I get some mixed. There will definitely be mixed packs for giveaways as well.

2 Likes

Awesome, I’ll do a test branch or 2 on each plant to see the difference

2 Likes

It you pollinate in same tent youll get feminized S1 near itself and some f1s fems on the rest that’s basically it.
Collodial silver is a pita imo. Get sts make the strongest recipe ratio silver spray few times at most week appart. Done

2 Likes

Probably better collecting the female pollen since both plants are going to be the same age it’s going to be hard to get seeds since
An auto flower life goes span goes by so quick
That’s just my 2 cents
I’ve had better luck collecting the pollen

And if you know how to use CS spray it’s not a pain in the ass it’s the only thing
I use.But I have heard good things about sts spray just don’t want any crazy chemicals in the house with the dogs

7 Likes

That’s a very beautiful plant

1 Like