Selling Motorcycle Today

It’s always sad to see a nice ride go but this one needs some work I’m not qualified to do so out the door it goes.

She was a good bike and I hope she gets a nice new home with someone who appreciates her.

12 Likes

what kind of bike, i use to be into them and owned many

3 Likes

I’ve had many too but this one is a little Yamaha 250 starter that I’ve been using as my city commuter. She’ll do 140kph but she’s not happy about it.

6 Likes

I feel you, I’m down to one now, the super glide hurt the most, I put almost 8 G’s on top, all I got was 12000$ :man_facepalming:t2: hopefully onto bigger and better things my friend

5 Likes

Thanks man. Taking a hiatus. Not sure if I’ll get another anytime soon.

6 Likes

Man, it will cause me to tear up, when I got to let my PS250 go! I love my small ugly POS!!
In a city, like Baltimore, I can get from end one to the other in 1/4 of the time if I was in my PU.
Down my way, that Yamaha 250 would go FAST! The local Honda dealer, unloads a truck of bikes, uncrates, them and calls the owners. They had quads and stuff in the show room, but scooters, motorcycles, are just gone, after uncrating them.

2 Likes

Small ugly POS but it’s mine and I’ve got good memories of doing stupid things :joy:

I’ve had bigger bikes but for city traffic I find they are a bit of a liability whereas with a smaller one I can whip around no problem.

She was a sweet ride. A POS, but sweet.

3 Likes

I had a suzuki 250 that I let go for a song years ago, looking back it was probably my favorite bike. WOT everywhere all the time, so easy to lane split, in the city it was the fastest vehicle possible. My now wife then girlfriend loved it also.

Had quite the nice little collection back then but apartment complex forced action. Consolidated down to one new big bike, yamaha super tenere. That was the shittiest great motorcycle ever - so heavy so tall. Was great on the open road but terrible in stopNgo or city stuff, also so bad off road. Stupidest vehicle i ever owned, I’m 73" in sneakers as measured at the gym and that bike was way too damn tall for me. I mean it wasn’t too tall for me to ride, I put like 15k miles on it, but was never comfortable or happy go lucky just goin for a short blast thru town.

We sold it when we got pregnant, now I finally got a garage but no motorcycles. My dream fleet would be another little 250, a KLR650 (had two loved em both to pieces), and a softail/fatboy. Maybe an electric while we’re dreamin!

2 Likes

Yeah the best bike depends on what you’re using it for.

Every once in a while up here we will get a gang of lane splitting hooligans all bunched up together. It’s nice to get some speed on the DVP when traffic is at a standstill. It’s nice to temporarily join this sort of gang.

And parking! Free motorcycle parking! That was a sweet deal. Not sure if it’s still like that…

No parking spots available? No problem. I’ll just stick it…here. Perfect :joy:

3 Likes

Thinking about selling my 2018 Gold Wing. Great bike. Not a lot of time to ride her.

1 Like

Well if you’re thinking of unloading it this is definitely the time of year for it.

I always liked the big touring style but I never really rode like that and didn’t go that direction.

2 Likes

I use a Suzuki 250 for my 2 days, of Pa motorcycle safety class. When you pass, you get your PA motorcycle license, right then.
I’d used a clutch since I was a kid, but not since I went to a twist and go, on the PS250.
The Suzuki 250 is a great small motorcycle, very easy to use, when learning evasive maneuvers. Great entry level machine, or cheaper run about, IMHO.
Man I sure love the 55-60 mpg!!

3 Likes

This was on an older bike but I could fill my tank for $6. It always got a giggle from me as I rode away from the gas station from people filled their SUVs

2 Likes

I was thinking about changing my motorcycle, ‘15 VFR800, I’ve had it from new and now it’s getting to be too familiar each time I ride it

So I thought instead of changing the front fork springs and oil, get the rear shock rebuilt with a different rate spring in, then new chain and sprockets and drop the gear ratio to give it quicker acceleration

That’s going to cost around £500 and I still have a bike that fits me, without having to have all the electronics I don’t need

2 Likes