Sending clones in mail

Continuing the discussion from Any original OG members back?:

Hey, this would be the place to ask. Does anyone remember sending, or who may have sent, a packaged full of bagged clones, completely wrapped in duct tape? Or was that a common packing method of the day :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I don’t know about that, but I remember an old post that might have even been in the grow faq. It was sending three clones in toilet paper tubes, and enclosed in one of those old hard plastic vhs cassette case. Like you would get from renting at Block Buster.

6 Likes

Prob hard to find those cases now :joy:. I’ve been looking around for convenient and cheap containers to send clones/cuttings in. Cuttings are easy, dvd case or similar. I’m prob going to just get cheap glad ware sandwich containers that fit in priority mail boxes, peg them in place or attach a stick that fits snug so they don’t topple end to end.

4 Likes

Priority mail vhs sized box
Freezer ziplock inside
Nothing else needed
A piece of newspaper if it’s flopping around inside

3 Likes

I like these Plano tackle boxes. They fit perfectly inside a small flat rate priority box.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Plano-Fishing-3400-Series-Waterproof-Resistant-to-Wear-Tear-Stowaway-Tackle-Box-Clear/17126449?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&wl13=850&&adid=22222222228010236734&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=40970121752&wl4=aud-1025716567856:pla-78912959432&wl5=9030451&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=local&wl12=17126449&veh=sem&gclid=Cj0KCQiA0-6ABhDMARIsAFVdQv_P0AqxFqmtyVuk-kZagSxS81awt4xfQ6bTxqZKyU_CYmOTqZO2rCkaAjfQEALw_wcB

9 Likes

Yea I looked at those too actually :yum:

3 Likes

well i hadnt, i have not sent or recieved cuts but that there looks like a hella idea, crush resistant probably seals well enough to hold moisture in. 5 bucks…

2 Likes

I bought several on clearance for $3 locally at wally world a few years ago. I’ve heard that Crystal Light containers also work really well for rooted clones. :wink:

3 Likes

It’s winter, I’m going to be using insulation and heat pack as well.

2 Likes

I used to send them…as said previously…in old VHS boxes…used rockwool cubes flip flopped and stuffed as many clones as would fit…seal it…send it…on to the next one Ol’ Son.

1 Like

The whole reason I asked that question that started this tangent in another thread, was to see if anyone remembered the member they shipped clones like i described. I don’t remember who he was that sent me that wonderful care package.
The slotted tackle box are great if I find the right size at the right price, plus I can always use more of those things for my fishing gear. The method I’ve been thinking over most is in soda bottles with tops cut off. Put some toothpicks/skewers through the sides at the level of the rooter plug to hold it in place and not jumble around. I can squeeze two clones per bottle, then lay them down in a box. Since it’s winter, I need to get heat packs and insulate the items in the box.

2 Likes

eBay.com/itm/Clone-Shipper 6-Plant, $12.50 Total. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :pray: :100: :heart_eyes: BTW: you can get 'em with a small LED lite inside!!

6 Likes

Here’s something similar that link didn’t work.

4 Likes

I’ve recieved clones with lights to keep them going. The standard is one with 4 LEDs and 2 CR1220 batteries, but they are only rated for 24 hours continuous.

These use 3 AAA batteries and are rated for over 50 hours. Pretty cheap too.

2 Likes

I personally wouldn’t mind fresh cuttings over rooted clones, easier and hardier. Don’t have to add a light, which like you mentioned, most of those wouldn’t be worth much over a 5 day trip.

3 Likes

I received clones from @TheShowMeHomie that lasted 5 days with NO negative results. He wrapped each in soaked folded paper towels, put about 8-10 (labelled in Gallon Zip Loc Bags, folded and placed in another large Bag, placed in cardboard tube, and sent on it’s way. They were fine!!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

I’ve seen them in a tube inside priority box. As in a picture of one not in my mailbox. I can’t believe the plant can live but who knows.

I’ve received fresh cuts with moist paper towel in a ziplock, ships priority mail almost 5 days. All cuttings rooted within 7days.

3 Likes

Doller store tuppeware containers are often sold in mutli packs and seal nicely.

4 Likes

those look like a good idea there