Sending cuts thru the post

just sent some cuts thru the post today curious to others successful methods go…

5 Likes

Here we use juice bottles cut and then taped. DIY clone porter :rofl:

6 Likes

Never sent a cut, just beans. Someone told me about putting clones in a plastic roll. Add water, a drop of superthrive, and seal it up(In a big way) and send it usps. Ive seen contraptions you can buy to to do just this… http://www.cloneshipperunit.com/

3 Likes

Had some make it to Holland from Texas, and from Holland to here also. Ones sent to me were stuck in RR’s then wrapped in cellophane, then…just thrown in a box…lol…YUP, they made it and survived barely!!!

Ones I sent were just showing roots from the RR’s…wet well, wrapped in cellophane all around the rooter and stem of the cut, nothing on the leafs. That was placed inside an empty toilet paper roll…then mummified with cellophane.

I also had some “CUT’s” sent to me…that were really just cut branch’s off a plant. He cut off 4 branch’s, left them whole, and just wrapped them in cellophane. They actually arrived in decent shape, and all of them rooted .

13 Likes

@Explorer Great minds think alike! :sunglasses::+1:

2 Likes

Usually I carry my cuttings in 6oz. paper cups.

4 Likes

I do it all the time. Clone in 8 ounce solo cups with coco. When rooted, use latex gloves (fingerprints) and rub the sides of cup with iso or a cloth to remove fingerprints. Place the 8 ounce into a 16oz. Place a wet paper towel on top of the coco and tape the top. Then place another 16oz cup ontop and tape that. You can send 4 clones like that in a medium 3 day shipping box and you dont need to worry about shit moving around in there too much. My cuts have ALWAYS gotten there safe. For unrooted cuts, you wrap a moist paper towel over the stem. I use Dr zymes to prevent fungus from taking hold in the moistness. Then put a rubber band to tie it in place and put it in a ziplock. Make sure theres no water gathering at the bottom of the ziplock. Shit sucks. Then place that bag in the solos ship. Make sure to wipe all prints!!!
Edit dont ship in the summer unless you know theyll make it!!!

6 Likes

I’ll just drop this here.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=329868

7 Likes

@ReikoX that’s by far the best way I’ve ever heard. At the end with the straws😲 what am eye opener lol

1 Like