Sept 2023, Landrace / Heirloom Challenge

As bits and pieces of my Sept-plan start to take shape, I am realizing that I had better get the pieces in place.

I’ve a new Mars Hydro 4x4 tent to work with (@MarsHydro) and my plan is to grow 4 long-flowering Heirloom / Landrace strains, beginning this Sept.

Plan is to soak 3/4 of each, looking for Females and Vigor, with 1 winner from ea clan

Right now the strains that I am committed to growing are:

1. Caribbean Dream
    Lambsbread x St. Vincent

2. Oaxaca (Cryptic Labs Freakers 2021)

3. HangGaron Squirrel-Tail Thailand

4. South African Congolese [Freakers]
    (spring box 2023) @PlantShepherd

Looking to start preparing a Soil this weekend.

This is a good time to commit to this project, I am taking a big jump on this grow and will be looking forward to comments and questions as things move forward.

Its happening ! And its ALL OG sourced

84 Likes

CoughSquireltailCoughandRedCongoCough!

Oh excuse me! I think I have something caught in my throat.

It was just my beanbag chair. I’ll be in the back.

13 Likes

Ooh man I’m on your side @Habitt
Welcome, and Thanks

9 Likes

Are you looking to just grow out some nld type for smoke or where you going to make seeds if you have a male?

3 Likes

Its all Smoke-based right now @Habitt.

I myself, have never kept a Male when ones been found. And @DougDawson will see me chucking-Pollen in a few weeks for the 1st time outside…

First thought is, that if a Male decides to show, it will be offered-up right here first… Open to suggestions 100%

I’ve never grown beyond week 13

12 Likes

Idk about you but I would be supremely disappointed if the st Vincent x lambsbread turned male. I would love to smoke some of that!

6 Likes

Welcome aboard the landrace train. :bullettrain_side:

I just got on the train a few stops ago.
Looking forward to the updates. :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

8 Likes

Thanks Bro. I’ll need the help @InTheWoods

6 Likes

I’m still learning how wrangle them. In this first go at them, I’m happy to have kept 4 plants happy and manageable in a large cup until they showed sex.
Today is the end of first week of flowering. 1 already a female, waiting on the other 3 to up pot them to 1 gallons.
Only 22 weeks left :joy:

10 Likes

Oh man, this is going to be awesome.

I’m just starting to get in to landraces, got a few packs in the fridge. I’m anxious to see how everything goes with your grow.

I like how you got a global thing going on. Strains from all over the world. I wish you good luck and happy growing.

Edited to say I would love to see you make some seed with those landraces.

11 Likes

Kind of puts it in perspective; Thanks for that… @InTheWoods
Thanks @Uprangewilly, only when I finally wrote down the critical strains… did I see a map take hold of the grow

5 Likes

What long-flowering strain(s) are you working with @InTheWoods ?

3 Likes

Odishas from @Budderton

4 Likes

This is gonna be quite the show!

13 Likes

Oh crap! This reminds me I better get moving on an upgrade! Awesome ! Looking forward to this very much my man!

6 Likes

Will be following this one. What # squirrel tail did you get?

2 Likes

Hey @MissinBissin . If you want a couple authentic Indian heirlooms, I know a guy. :grin: I would be happy to hook you up, if you’d like.
I 've got a couple Squirrel Tail and a couple KD KH from TL in veg right now, as the SE Asian delegates for my own Sativas of the World Hunt I’ve got going. Not much to see yet, but it’s going down on my Tomfoolery thread, if you want a bit of insight into them.
:v::canada:

18 Likes

I love it! Looking forward to seeing the great things your doing

2 Likes

I think you need a Haffa in there. Screw you Musk!

5 Likes

Hey! That is one Amazing Invitation @Budderton and 1000% I’m in.

Thanks. So glad to hear your running those two strains…

5 Likes