Sept 2023, Landrace / Heirloom Challenge

Sounds like a interesting run ___ keep them growing !!!

2 Likes

Aug 18th and I’ve brought the Soil ingredients together. Mixed and Moistened, they are going to have 2-3 weeks to get used to each other.
Here they are below in proportion: ~ 25 gal made
ProMix HP (15 gal)
Worm Castings (5 gal)
Perlite. (3 gal)
Sand. (1 gal)
Kelp Meal
Basalt Rock Dust
Dolomitic Lime
Bone Meal
Gypsum
Epsom Salts
DynoMyco
25% recommended 4-4-4 veg fert

Covered loosely and secure in the Garage to keep pests and insects away.

• Including 2 big shovel-fulls of Natural sand.
    Targeting 12-16 seedlings to start. Looking for 4-6 candidates

Mars Hydro TS-1000 for Germ
Mars Hydro 4’ or 5’ tent
Phlizon pb-b8 640w for Veg/Flower

18 Likes

Sounds like a delicious mix and Im sure the plants are going to enjoy it!

2 Likes

Fingers are crossed @deeez99, its my first real Pre-Mix… Not wanting a Hot entrance !!!

2 Likes

Sounds like a winning mix…

Reminds me of this thread…These mixes were originally popularized here on Overgrow many years ago!

The wormcastings act like a nutrient uptake buffer …If you have issues make some worm casting tea …or top dress wormcastings…If you end up too hot

I like these basic mixes…I think pumice might work better than perlite if you can find it…Doesnt float round as much…Got your rock and aggregate workin’ for you!

3 Likes

@herbgreen Thanks a Zillion for that Link… So nice to have several options from the get-go, and also nice to see I’m pretty darn close to a Ready-mixture.

Will make good use of the Thread bro. Thanks again

The Sand is steadily climbing my priority list. Ever since we proved my Buddies lot has 70% sand, and it only grows Monsters, year after year.
Don’t be shy with sand, we’ve been adding it this summer with each amendment, in all other locations… assisting drainage and adding micro-elements

17 Likes

Yeah, that was one basic thing I remember reading about cannabis before weed books…

The encyclopedia said something about sandy soil

2 Likes

Nothing to Report, other than its Happened !
3 of each. Looking for a healthy Female from each of these lines. None of the strains are Old Seeds, so no agents have been added to the water. No Seeds in a Sand-paper Box… We’re gonna float them

@George @Guitarzan @Tlander @Roms @Budderton

29 Likes

should go ~ 16 weeks

amazing stuff !!

5 Likes

Glad to see them growing … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

I think this is the one (squirrel tail) that Sealed the deal on me growing long-flowering plants this Winter

6 Likes

Super Happy to say “As Promised”@George. I think honoured is the correct Word.

When you donated the Oaxacan, that was the first-ever landrace for me.

Much appreciated, ready to say Here goes !

6 Likes

Awesome @MissinBissin ! You’ve got some global representation now! Best of luck with your starts.
:grin::v:

3 Likes

Yo @MissinBissin What a lineup! Man, it’s gonna be fun to watch this from over here. Best of luck with the poppin’!

:call_me_hand:

1 Like

Guys, @Tlander @Budderton I’m just hoping to keep it between the lines…
All new territory (wtf) 3 - 4 weeks veg, 19 week flower lol omg
Thanks again Gentlemen.

4 Likes

High MB, pure sat diversity as its best bro good grow to you! :+1:

2 Likes

I’m excited to watch them flourish. :vulcan_salute:

What you’re getting into. :joy:
End of Week 5 of flower.

Bent them over this morning.

11 Likes

OH Yeah Baby! Lol

Thats what I’m looking forward to @InTheWoods oh yeah. Nicely done too

I’m hooked

3 Likes

Oh Man I appreciate that @Roms.
I’m heading into the real Bush !
And I love it

3 Likes

Haha thanks.

Although I’m making seeds with them, I hope to get some material to make some bubble hash out to get a taste of what it could be without being seeded.
I will try to run them out for flower in a couple runs as the 20+ week really does feel like an eternity. :joy:

The Central American varieties lately have been getting me excited. Nostalgic factor for my older family that would enjoy it and the lower flowering times on them. 14-16 weeks.

I will eventually try to get my hands on some Panama red, Oaxacan, Acapulco gold and some others too after I run some more seeds.

4 Likes