September Supporter Giveaway [Closed]

…should we consider having multiple donors per month to make mailing simpler?
norte america & uk/eu?

just a thought. i have no idea what mailing beans to sherwood forest costs. :thinking:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Mailing from here is stupid prices
Are you thinking of 2 separate entries? that might be hassle
Im not planning to be regular runner, I envision some of us regulars taking turns to give our excess away so that would mean more US/CAN comps. than EU (probably)

I was hoping @Bongedtobits would run next months TBH?
Probably keep similar template but each member gets to choose there own rules, some may want to give more to regular pledges and less to newbs?

3 Likes

What are your thoughts, guys… Should I disclose it or not? I don’t want to spoil the fun :slight_smile:

4 Likes

keeping it hidden probably appeals more to the gamblers & people with more expendable $…showing the high ‘bid’ makes it a definable target for someone who has less or is particularly interested in specific seeds. then it becomes an auction, which probably wasn’t the initial idea(right?).

…which makes me wonder if 2 or 3 auctions would produce more $ for the server. :thinking: i believe you mentioned somewhere that you have no intention of that?

perhaps we could compile a cache’ and distribute them randomly so it’s never revealed until they receive their gift?

personally i feel the simpler, plainer, the more home-grown, the better. :slight_smile:

:evergreen_tree: medicated

1 Like

Time to start hookin, so i can donate loot, to get wicked awesome beans​:joy::joy::joy:
I like the idea of a ballpark figure, so i dont give thinking im close, to find out 50 bucks is laughable

2 Likes

I don’t have strong opinion about it…

There are probably good arguments for both aproaches…

Good thing is that Pledges on Patreon are editable so they can be topped during the month or at the very last moment. So that can allow anybody to “react” to published high pledge.

But since it was not announced in original post, we should probably keep it secret for this round and discuss it for future rounds.

5 Likes

Just donated. Really need seeds too so good luck to me :joy::grin:

5 Likes

@gordongecko I don’t mind running it next month. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas please say.

Is the aim to make this a monthly thing? I don’t think splitting it is a good idea just have it come one come all. Should help encourage people…maybe?

3 Likes

I made payment last week the first showed on my CC but the second didn’t and it reverted to the first amount. I will keep checking CC…

2 Likes

Then in that case @Bongedtobits , its YOUR ‘baby’ this month, i think keeping it close to what it is should be cool but it’ll be YOUR giveaway so you decide who gets what prize etc - your rules .!
Good luck bro.
Btw; @gordongecko, when is this months draw , prob best on last day ,as payments are taken on 1st of every month .?!
Bump ^^

Gaz

4 Likes

@Sativaindica You are one of six newbs so you have a 1 in 3 chance to win atm :slight_smile:

@Bongedtobits it should be somewhat regular maybe every 2 months i dunno
guess it will be when someone has something to offer

@Gaz29 last day of the month yes

3 Likes

Who are the six. Lemonade acknowledged 3 newbs. I am one :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m a noob…lol…blahh blahh blahh

Some of us are excited to support this community as it has been a God send for us. Sorry if that offends you.

2 Likes

Sorry the blahs were to make the post long enough… Not directed at anything u were saying

3 Likes

:grin: Been there done that. I was having a bad day I’m usually lots tougher :grin:

2 Likes

Haven’t updated on status for long time. To this day 9 members have became our new patrons in September… Thanks to all of them!

12 Likes

That’s great news.

I was thinking of running the competition for November so I could add some Swashbuckler f2 to the mix as well.

If anybody else has anything they would like to donate we can get a nice big pot going to draw some more subs in.

I would like to do another draw for the existing subscribers as well to thank everyone for supporting OG. I may chuck my pack of raredankness Ghost train haze in for this draw.

Any suggestions please let me know.

4 Likes

My donation won’t be taken out until the first of the month, does it still apply to this month?

You can clean up in October :smile: Mine came out the day I donated after getting thru all the fraud stuff:sunglasses: