Sex identification - Is this a Myth?

Does anyone use this online chart? I personally don’t use it but more than a few medical growers from another group swear by it. I call bullshit on the chart but medical growers say I’m wrong and don’t know how to grow and just wasting my time on the male seeds… What’s your guys opinion?

8 Likes

you´re right ,imo …

13 Likes

Man, sure would be cool if this was the case.

4 Likes

I’ve seen that before . I don’t believe it myself .

6 Likes

It says 1:10 will be right, but I’ve never had a 1:10 female:male ratio from seeds…

4 Likes

Lol 100% myth

This specific pic floats around here a couple times a year, but it’s bullshit.

15 Likes

Total BS - if it was that easy, feminized seeds wouldn’t be necessary since people could buy regular seeds and divide them by sex by simply looking at them and rolling them across the table, etc.

7 Likes

If only it were that easy haha. Sadly total myth.

3 Likes

I saw the chart in '18. Tried it twice in '19. :horse: :poop: imho.

4 Likes

It would be interesting to feed photos of seeds and their sexes in to some artificial intelligence like a neural net computer network, and see if it can reliably predict the sex of seeds based upon variables that it observes such as shape and color etc. - surely someone must have done that study somewhere already.

4 Likes

It’s simply impossible to tell just by looking at what the sex of any cannabis seed is. If it was that easy, feminized marijuana seeds would not be as popular as they are. People could simply buy regular seeds and look at them themselves.

This one guy said he has been growing for 38 yrs. and a medical marijuana grower in Colorado but yet when I asked him to show me some of his plants he couldn’t/ wouldn’t post any of his past/present grows…the thing that gets me is he’s out there giving out advice to new medical marijuana growers.

8 Likes

Makes me wonder if he offers to take the “male” seeds they’re just gonna toss anyways :joy:

3 Likes

Hell sometimes you can’t even look at a human and determine sex

Only if the seeds had a tail

Peace out and stay safe

14 Likes

I just assumed it was bs, so i did not even try it ,so i dont know

2 Likes

I tried it, by rolling seeds. I predicted five females two died when damped off, then three grew out and we’re female as predicted. Will try again

3 Likes

Really, that’s interesting…well I’ll tell you what, I’ll try this method for my outdoor grows this summer because as of now I already have my hands full…Summer would be a perfect time to do it because I will be planting it in with my vegetables…I will examine the seeds and also do the roll test.

1 Like

Myth we’ve discussed this in here before.
We also did this at connisuer connection.

4 Likes

Yeah let’s keep it real here, this chart is verified lies. This is from the earlier days of the internet, this was just an obnoxious practical joke to fuck with people trying to learn to grow their own meds.

I have seen this identification chart tested on multiple forums, it fails every time. People keep testing, and it will never be true. I can’t believe this thing is still kicking around on the internet. Occasionally someone who doesn’t understand scientific method will get suckered.

Phil I would honestly recommend you don’t waste your time with this. The biggest danger is that people will buy into it, and bad information will continue to be perpetuated.

Honestly, overgrow just deserves better than this old bullshit.

11 Likes

I really don’t mind getting males because if I see a few exceptional males I will collect the pollens for future breedings…

2 Likes

Chart IMO is BS.

2 Likes