Share your favorite art. Living artists only!

With galleries being closed and artists getting less exposure than ever let’s help spread the word.
Art from living artists only please, the dead ones don’t need the money.

slonaut.com/

Quantumgasms by Slonaut.

Siddhartha_666

Terra_1000

The-Ace-Of-Chalices-album-cover_border_1111

VALHALLA-I_888_insta-2

15 Likes

cool. really, it is difficult to understand, but it’s dope

2 Likes

I have a print of the first one on my wall and it always makes me smile, I haven’t a clue what’s going on either. :upside_down_face: All I know is that the world needs more weird art.

2 Likes

The article has a few photos of the work of who is probably my favorite living artist, Andy Goldsworthy

His stuff…it’s incredible

5 Likes

He definitely has a level of patience and willpower we can all aspire to.

1 Like

Featuring some amazing landscape photo’s of Iceland by Teri Varhol.
No one does landscapes quite like her. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I’m obsessed with Elizabeth Foster’s art. Her paintings really capture my imagination.

https://elizabethfosterart.com/portfolio

I tried to buy this original from a gallery in Charleston, but the owner ended up keeping for himself it at the last minute. I’m still angry about that a decade later.

I’ll admit, I struggle with the digital art trends that seem to really be taking over. The physical media is so integral to the experience, imho.

5 Likes

Vladimir Kush (had 2 pics but one was protected and couldn’t upload)

6 Likes

I really like this one Albanian painter’s work.

His insta is here. Zaim Elezi on Instagram: “100 x 80 cm.…”

I own a few of his works.

edit (for basic survival reasons): I am married to a wonderful painter. her work is top of the heap in my eyes. but i’m in a illegal state so…:laughing:

2 Likes

Peter Howsons art is so in your face, but yet gets a message across.

His work is deep and mind provoking, especially his religious themed ones.

Definitely one of the best Scottish painters ever.

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=AOaemvJCSS9_bHIuE6ypoQqyPU42PlsFfA:1634762951541&source=univ&tbm=isch&q=peter+howson&client=ms-android-huawei-rev1&fir=iOpzXHRanlIQvM%2CjKJMA2auJ0WASM%2C_%3Boq75Oy8Kb9gaRM%2CGqww0nnRqNf6eM%2C_%3BtDHJei_JYcsySM%2CYtTiKh3ghEIYXM%2C_%3BJZNElcnHnBM10M%2CO0nXOw-Vb6GNRM%2C_%3By8NsWN6SdMcMzM%2CwmI9_2fVicIQiM%2C_%3BYHH4LwC6dj7v2M%2CbydisnTc0riq8M%2C_%3BCo_XwwV3Z8K--M%2CGDFwRs5neHLfYM%2C_%3Blst4Y1sVZpvSJM%2CI9XtNMLvZFFpXM%2C_%3BRtO12a2A2feGfM%2CSZ5qkVMHQIYxjM%2C_%3BgGV_1sDYfV5DNM%2CNtpQiVPlEy4nmM%2C_%3BTzxMHr65S-X3fM%2CP8lxyjhvRfIynM%2C_&usg=AI4_-kTYpgclLq91jkIRiPhUkbWIlQqjzg&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjswJLI7tnzAhWRQTABHVqHBboQ420oAHoECBIQBA&biw=360&bih=657&dpr=3

1 Like

good gods that is some brut art. not my thing but I can appreciate the work. reminds me of Goya.

1 Like

Ye…Certainly Brutal, guy suffers from mental problems, due to his experiences when he was the official artist in residence for the British Army in Bosnia during the civil wars there.

A great talent …ye and there’s more to come.

His painting of the Crucyfiction of St Andrew (patron saint of Scotland) is my favorite painting…hangs in St Andrews University where he was a student.

Take. Care

1 Like

My mate back home is a pretty famous artist he does all the political murals in the Catholic neighborhoodsimage

When I was growing up Belfast was split in 2 Catholics one side the other religion on the other side lol Catholic neighborhoods have green white and orange kerbs the other side have red white and blue kerbs lol,it was a no go area for us growing up

4 Likes

“are ye catholic atheist or protestant atheist” has got to be one of my favorite black jokes.

@Panamajock I was in kosovo in 93-95. I can grok it.

1 Like

I’m a Catholic

2 Likes

Is or does contemporary art …have a place for graffiti, or street art,

There is some great work all over central and South America…in street art…especially Colombia.
They all have a message…which is important …It’s from the heart.

Whether it’s Northen Ireland or Bogota

Would graffiti or street art be treated as art compensatory.

In Colombia they also like N/I create arte from the Pueblo…ie the pineapple grenades , the wasp that was genetically modified to sterilize the coco plant ,
Bobby Sands…who starved himself to death. It’s all important
The Colombians with the help of the Usa tried to Exreminated every plant…the Colombians have a name for it.
and the Yankee dollar sign…Never can we separate life from art.

But it was the same for Italian painters and sculptors back in the day.

So is Graffita contempory art.

That’s not down to us mi amigos.

It’s a strong message … Vivar la vida
image|673x500

7 Likes

Was Bottero a contemporary artist…numero uno en Colombia.

3 Likes

I apologies to @Rogue for hi jacking your post…I love art…and I’m sorry I took it further…

No offense mi amigo
The tattoos of the aberso (Wasp)with arms like a machine gun…desroye equilibrium every where…that’maybe Art.

3 Likes

One of my favourite artists of all time, Brett Rutter.

3 Likes

Blek de rat.

5 Likes