(complete) Sheelavathi Seed Run

Thank you!
Chars stands for characters, you have to have at least 10 characters for the post to actually go on the board…. @Upstate

7 Likes

Lol… chars

2 Likes

I collect landraces… , never heard of this.
Would be nice to put my fingers in them.
Have a good crop.

3 Likes

@PAFH99 It’s the Ganja

2 Likes

South India is full of landraces that a lot of people have never heard of. So many, in fact, that they don’t even have names, or named only after where they were grown.

8 Likes

@Piter you’re a member, which means you’re at TL2.
There are still spots open on the list, so click the orange pen and paper icon at the top right of the first post, click edit wiki, and put your username and country flag next to one of the numbers.
Then immediately go read THIS and THIS so you don’t look dumb when it’s time for seeds to be distributed in the Spring.

4 Likes

Sheelavathi is a very interesting strain.

It is one of the few Indian strains that has been bred, and as far as anyone knows it was bred from local landraces. Not Dutch or California stuff.

Almost all of India’s strains are still landraces. Most of them are pretty low potency and aren’t strong enough for modern consumers. The sheelavathi has bigger tops, faster flowering, and higher potential for potency. It is an interesting stepping stone on a path I figure will disappear.

India is going to change quickly. The demand for good weed in India is incredible, and the prices for it are insane. $20 a gram in a place where an engineer makes $400 a month! I foresee a big wave of young Indians growing in hoop houses like in Cali, or small indoor grows.

It is such a wildly different culture it is difficult to guess how it will unfold, but one thing is certain. It is going to change and change fast.

15 Likes

Damn those plants are excellent look Oldloints! Just stunning plants man!

2 Likes

Here are some pics from this morning:

The creeper pheno:

The males, there is only 2 out of 13

Group shot:

52 Likes

Oh dang! Those are already tall.

1 Like

Damn!! They are getting big! Wonderful to see them grow this size! Nice job :+1:

3 Likes

Beautiful plants! Just look at that skyline. Sweet job fellow grower.

4 Likes

Beautiful job Oldjoints!

6 Likes

I’m really excited about that creeper pheno.

I had a pheno of bodhi’s ethiopian banana x old mother afghani that grew as a creeper vine. In veg it was all lateral growth with no apical stalk. In flower, when it stretched it snaked and twined its way up the stems and branches of all the plants around it to compete for light.

It was very fun to grow. An amazing and very unique plant, and as beautiful and ornate as any ornamental plant out there. The high was incredibly potent and very psychedelic for cannabis. Definitely an extreme sativa, even with the afghani genetics in the hybrid.

11 Likes

@Oldjoints looks like the wiki is full. Wanna request that it’s closed or add overflow? If you add overflow, I will handle logistics for up to 50 overflow shares. I can just grab enough beans from you after the coop share is separated. I’ll handle the rest from here.

2 Likes

Out of 13 plants 4 of these take this trait. All 4 are females so should lend to the genetic gene pool giving those that receive these seeds a fairly good chance of getting this trait.

8 Likes

I was thinking of closing it temporarily and waiting to see how many seeds we get then opening back up if we get plenty.
What do you think?

8 Likes

That sounds like a good plan. If there are enough beans, I will handle packing/shipping for up to 50 in overflow.

3 Likes

I can help in that also when the time comes. For now I will close it down and continue updating until we know more……

3 Likes

@G-paS will you please lend a hand and close this wiki for now.
Thank you!

3 Likes