Shipping internationally

How should I go about shipping to Canada from us …everyplace wants me to fill out a packet for costums i don’t get it I would ship it regular mail but don’t know how to calculate stamps for it

5 Likes

What are you mailing? If it is seeds in a coin flip, buy a “global” stamp and an “additional ounce” stamp. That should get it there.

2 Likes

I’m just a regular envelope ? And yes beans

1 Like

Try this method with the above postage…

9 Likes

Coin flip and a greeting card works every time

5 Likes

Regular Business Envelop, International Stamp, can accommodate THREE Coin Flips taped to a FOLDED sheet of Paper, This way, the ENTIRE Letter fits through their slot. It’s about weight AND thickness!! For an extra .25 Cents, have them stamp the Envelops “NON MACHINABLE”. I mail internationally all the time. Good luck, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

14 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face:I have shipped to Canada with no problem putting coin flips into a card in envelope and putting 2 stamps on it it will take a while but it will get their :mage:

6 Likes

Made a trade and getting put through the ringer to send a bubble envelope but I’m gonna try this way …post office never informed me about stamps or different packaging options

2 Likes

Bubble Envelops shipped Internationally ALWAYS require a Customs Form, ALWAYS!! Less of a hassle to go Flip/Washer route. Sending more, do ANOTHER Envelop in about 3 days. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

If you ever decide to fill out a customs form, or for anybody out there, what my friend does is label them as jewellery beads. No muss no fuss so far.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the info @misterbee

1 Like

3 stamps a card and coin flips

3 Likes

I use hallmark cards I got from the dollar store. I chose them to randomly send to my friends with appropriately insulting messages, as is tradition, but they work great for seeds. seed holder inside. 3x forever stamps gets to canada just fine.

4 Likes

So I’ll just go to the post and ask them for a book of forever stamps ?

2 Likes

When I ship a small bubble mailer from Canada to the USA it’s 3 stamps it’s considered oversize regular mail so you might only need 2

2 Likes

I took a card in a envelope with two flips to the post office. He weighed it and put it thru the slot card. I can ship to Canada with one $1.20 global stamp from US.

4 Likes

Lol I put three on for safe measures lmao thanks !!

2 Likes

Coin flips are great just sent some seeds to Europe myself
Best to use birthday card Christmas card,2 international stamps straight in the post box

3 Likes

list the as “seed beads” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I recently became sold on the coin flip method. For one thing, you don’t need customs forms for documents. The stamps are by weight, 0-1oz = 1 stamp, 1-2oz, 2 stamps, and so on.

I recently sent some seeds to Canada, The UK, Czech Republic, Australia, and Brazil. I put 5 flips in a folded sheet of paper in a standard envelope, and they were kinda flaky. The guy at my PO kinda knows me now, and he gave me a little grin, and told me to let them run it through the meter, instead of using stamps. It costs the same, and he said when the customs guys see that it was sent through the PO, they don’t scrutinize it to the same degree.

I don’t know if it was that or not, but all of those letters arrived OK. I just sent two more to Canada earlier this week. Letters and cards also arrive faster. Bubble mailers have to be handled at every station because they can’t go through the sorters.
:guitar:

8 Likes