Should I FIM

My first CoCo clone, after 1 week, new growth coming on. SHOULD I FIM NOW, or wait until I transplant to bigger/final pot? Or up pot now and FIM ?

8 Likes

I would repot to the final pot, give it a few days to recover then fim, imo

5 Likes

A 4 week veg should be okay…I will do just that…

3 Likes

I usually wait until the 4th node before I FIM/top my plants. FIM if you get it right doesn’t stall them out like topping does. Good luck :+1:

6 Likes

I’m at 6 nodes. Hard to see.

4 Likes

FIM it. Just be sure you cut it slightly higher than you would if you top the plant. How To Fim Cannabis Plants — Steemit

9 Likes

That’s just the right size to start practicing…
Practice being the operative word for me :laughing: I think I nailed them 5~6 times before I managed to get a good one…
It takes a little understanding & practice before you can do it consistently.

Cheers
G

6 Likes

I’d FIM now, I can’t tell for sure without a glance at the roots, but if your pot isn’t filled with roots you’d be better off to FIM now, recover and repot. If roots aren’t starting to crowd the pot you should wait a bit to repot. If the roots are full in the bottom of the pot I’d repot then FIM.

2 Likes

FIM is an acronym for “Fuck, I Missed!”

Topping plants is one of the easiest ways to maintain the total size of a plant and encourage vigorous side growth. In vascular plants, like cannabis, any type of pruning stimulates rapid new growth.
It’s up to the grower to feed, water and shape the plant… the plant will take care of the rest.

5 Likes

The big legal Canna Boys call it Crop Steering… Happy new year to everyone.

1 Like

Yay. It will be easy to keep track of what day I fimmed and put in final home.

3 Likes

Keep them even.

Holy shit everyone @Instg8ter is back!

I hate screening plants , SOG with my back it’s hard to get under the canopy.
I like to top twice then FIM and bend as necessary spreading the plant wide while pinching up the softer stalks. I like candelabra or bouquet shaped plants after training.

Happy New Years brotha

3 Likes

Yeppers my goal exactly, Great pictures. I took the year off. trying Coco for a change before spring.

1 Like

Happy New Years Back atcha. @Instg8ter

1 Like

I’m too old to keep messin with This Way or That Way. I’m gonna do it my way…lol @Instg8ter

1 Like

Nice, never thought about screening each pot…how tall do you like them to get?

2 Likes

I would have to say anything under 4 ft’ is typical. @Instg8ter

1 Like

All is good with the coco FIM, and some monster cropped GDP.

@Instg8ter @Hydro921

4 Likes