Should I harvest early?

So basically I gave my plants a double dose of top dressing last feed by accident. Since then most of my leaves have died off and I’m pretty paranoid about mold because some leaves are drying up inside the buds. From what I can tell my trichomes are cloudy but I haven’t even been flowering 2 months yet. Nog sure if I should wait it out or be safe and chop in a few days. Thoughts?

3 Likes

I’m sure others will chime in but if it were me, I’d chop the buds where the dry leaves go right to the bud and leave the rest until ready but keep an eye on them.

3 Likes

Let’s get a close up of how the buds look and we’ll try to go from there, yea?

4 Likes

Take a bud and inspect it, if its ok dry it and smoke it to get a reference for your ripeness

1 Like

Fait enough didn’t realize how far away the Pic was

2 Likes

This is what I would do if I could but my drying space is my veg tent which needs to be empty which requires my flower tent to be empty. I’m planning on getting a drying tent soon but can’t afford it yet :frowning:

Man…tough spot. Almost looks like she’s getting burned to me, but also looking through your journal you had some defiencies.

Next run limit the amount of colas and try to let her grow natural…keep them leaves! Pluck them throughout the grow and your plant will want to grow more and more.

How high are your lights from the top?
Humidity and Temps?

3 Likes

Lights are probably 10 inches from the top of the canopy. I’m not sure if I’m dealing with deficiencies or excesses as I’ve had some people say one and some say the other. Temps were high for a few weeks too which didn’t help (~35 celsius) but have been mid 20s for the last few weeks. RH has been pretty steady in the mid 50s. Also I tried to leave more leaves than I usually do in case this exact thing happened

1 Like

August first on your journal. Hard to see but either start of a def or start of overfeeding. She kinda went down hill from there.

1 Like

Yeah I know I’m also thinking that I may have thrown my PH way off with the mosquito bits I was watering with as my water is alkaline as it is and I’ve heard the mosquito bits raise it even further

Might be the problem of all your issues.

3 Likes

Yeah that wouldn’t surprise me either

1 Like

I should say that this run was my 1st organic grow and also an experiment to see if I could run my tent in the summer without A/C (I guess not) so I’m not super surprised I’m having issues

1 Like

I’ve done the same thing at one point. At 28deg in my environment I get taco leaves. 36…she would fry…plus if you keep the feed the same it’s going to cause her to burn along with ph and ec issues at the root.

Drop the watts on the light for a summer grow. Push a 100watts and aim for 3-5oz.

Or 50watts! See what you can do…just more things to try and will make you a better grower.

3 Likes

My light has a veg switch and a bloom switch and I only have the veg switch on right now so my light is at ~50%. No dimmer on it sadly

1 Like

I haven’t had anyone tell me one way or the other if I should chop. Would you if you were in my spot?

2 Likes

Sounds like a great idea. Also toasty will get back I’m sure to help out.

You’re at 52days since flower.

I’ve grown some ugly ass girls in the past lol but each one has gotten me high even with a early harvest. She’s still got some green to her…if there is no mold I’d let her rippen a bit more.

2 Likes

Burnt my GSC autos, first indoor grow, with my led too close to the canopy dried up the sugar leaves.
I’d raise you light, light burn happens slowly.

I flowered two weeks later than I meant to because I didn’t understand my timer so they got way taller than I anticipated and I ran out of room to raise the light. I had planned on keeping the light probably 18 inches away.

I’ve read that its better to run both veg and bloom right throughout the grow to get a wider spectrum and use light height to adjust the light intensity.