Should I thin this out and remove some branches?

Worried I might get mildew. Ive been defoliating a bunch. Just did some more after I took the picture. Going to pick up some oscillating fans tomorrow to move them around. I got box fans but its either too direct or not enough movement. Have them set on high and bouncing the air off a wall but its not enough.

19 Likes

Looks great, what’s your rh at, I would recommend keeping around 40%, and adding more fans is a good idea.

2 Likes

Its at 50%. I noticed waterspots on leaves where they overlap other leaves so im nervous. I defoliated about 50 leaves just now. Im only day 24 from flip so they still got a ways to go.

This is its mother. Had a lot more room that grow as it was a tester.

12 Likes

Yes the foliage does look thick, perhaps another 10% defoliation and repositioning, it’s gonna be a great harvest!

1 Like

Is it possible to tack up a trellis in that room, would definitely help spacing them out, and future support.

1 Like

It’s looking like a nice grow, @SquirtleSquad. I see one box fan, but do you have any others out of frame? I would definitely add 2 oscillating fans, perhaps wall mounted if you don’t have the floor space - and place them on opposite sides of the room.

On a separate subject, do you have any or plan to put up any netting? I can imagine those ladies are gonna get fat and floppy in another 3 or 4 weeks.

2 Likes

I would do one heavy defoliation, remove any lower growth that would be larfy/popcorn, and then just let them do their thing.

4 Likes

I answered “yes” aloud before clicking on the thread :joy: and I support this message. :laughing: :scissors:

If you had 1/2 the canopy/biomass then I’d say no. :man_shrugging:

You Overgrower, you. :hugs:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

They do have a trellis. This is them a month ago. I have that 2x3 going across the room and another on the other side. I usually use it to string across and then tie colas up to it. I have a Tenax Hortonova plastic netting but i dont use it because I see tiny strands sticking off of it. I could i guess use a second netting to position them better and spread them out. I mean this is netting that all the big greenhouses use so maybe im just being anal

8 Likes

They are definitely going to get fat and floppy. This strain surprising held up well. Didnt have a net the first time I ran it. Green crack from Humboldt seed organization. I know HSO gets a lot of shit. But all 3 strains I ran last grow did good. This was just the best smelling and yielding.

I do have another box fan on that same half wall

7 Likes

Looking awsome i just hope my next grow looks half like that in presentation proportionaly my grow area is only 4x2 agter 40 years i am just groiwing 2. Ww to grt back into the swing of things so far maybe a couple more weeks till chop

c

Peace out and stay safe

5 Likes

I like to have a strong fan below my canopy to keep potentially stagnant air moving. But if also probably thin it out a bit

4 Likes

Definitely remove anything thats blatantly touching or blocking airflow. I used to always keep my grows ‘wild’ like this and really never defoliated before I moved into the pm dungeon I’m at now. Never had any issues either. Have you had pm before?

At my new place that tends towards pm I would defoliate like 50% of those leaves. You probably shouldn’t have to be so drastic if your environment is solid and you’ve never seen pm before

3 Likes

No I havent had PM before. Ive gotten bud rot a few times (2 of those times same strain) but those were like 32oz Gatorade sized colas and one of those times my dehumidifier hose kinked while I was on vacation and the internal res float shut it down.

I did remove some more fan leaves last night after taking the photo.

Just not sure if i should remove some branches as well. Some of the lower growth moved up and while the top buds are looking good. The lower buds on the branches will be larfy. The branches are also not very sturdy and thin. Maybe the oscillating fans will help. I dont mind the fans hitting rhe canopy so long as its rotating so its not straight blasting in one spot.

3 Likes

Yeah im going to move the 2 box fans to the ground aiming up and put the 2 new oscillating fans on the half wall blowing on the canopy. Cant risk this harvest. Down to my last oz from last harvest.

3 Likes

Thanks. Ive been at this hobby for a while. Mostly on autopilot now. Room and nutrient program dialed in. pH dosers. Most of my time in the grow is spent biweekly res changes and training.

1 Like

Very nice looking plant. Looks awesome dude

1 Like

If you can keep that RH where it’s at @50% , I would just add more air circulation, defoliate a touch and you should be just fine.

2 Likes

Make a note toyourself to plant more seeds so as not to run out…lol

Next batch revegging. Must have cut clones too late. Also 5 new strains

6 Likes